1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney… Now discussing:

Art Archive The Fan Art Studio Class: Version 4.5 (Assignment 3 now posted)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Nidrail Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    UGH very sorry about that, han! Goodness!

Well, I personally love doing emotions in faces almost more than anything, so my preference would be either scenes from episode 1 when Padme was queen, where their would still be allot of emphasis on the gowns, and then getting expressions right. Or from either episode 2 or three, different scenes where Anakin and Padme talk with each other. There were plenty of conflicting emotions in those moments and I really enjoyed that.

Anyways thats just me. What about everyone else?
  2. Nidrail Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    C'mon where IS everybody?! Yah I'm impatient :p
  3. l_extatique Jedi Knight

star 1
    You've all seen/loved my art thread. I think I may just have to participate in round two...
  4. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Hmmm... I prefer working with faces and the human figure. The one thing I don't like very much is techincal drawing, like ships and stuff. Just because it's so monotnous.
  5. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Thanks for the feedback, guys!

I need to head to work in an hour and I won't be back till about 8:15pm board time, so I'm gonna do some hunting for images now and I'll post them up in the thread when I get home. The new theme will be proportions of the face/emotions. And for all those people struggling with likenesses, this would be the assignment for you. :)
  6. l_extatique Jedi Knight

star 1
    I recommend for round three, even though Gunray has expressed a distaste (sorry Gunray), that perhaps it takes a turn for the more technical side of Star Wars design. Armoured figures (Fetts, Troopers) and ships (fighters, Star Destroyers), and things like that. Those can require just as much talent, even if of a different kind, than what has been focused on so far.
  7. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    "And for all those people struggling with likenesses, this would be the assignment for you."

**huge "cartoon sigh"**

...[Indiana Jones] Likenesses....why'd it have to be likenesses...?[/Indiana Jones]

:p

FF
  8. Fenrisulven Jedi Knight

star 1
    [face_laugh] Word. I haven't drawn anything requiring likeness-skills for like six months. This'll be interesting...
  9. jackyyy17 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi, I was wondering if I could still post my pic of the first Assignment.
  10. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7

He forgot about us :_|
  11. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    She ;)

And no, I didn't forget. I'm struggling to find images for this, but I am working on it. It's harder tonight since I'm also battling a headache, but I'll see what I can do. :)

Hmm, normally I don't like to have new submissions after the deadline has passed, but since I'm running behind on getting up the next assignment, I'll let you slide this time. As long as the current images are up, you can go ahead and post. However, I hope to have the new ones up in a few hours(I'm frantically sweeping the internet for images currently), so I can't guarantee they'll still be there when you get around to drawing them.
  12. Nidrail Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    Oh Dear!! Goodness! Make sure and drink plenty of liquids, Han! I get headaches sometimes from dehydration, among other things. Geeze I hope it goes away soon!

YYYAY!!! WHOHOO!!!!!
    Oh boy, now I have to pick a picture :D
  13. Nidrail Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    HUGE hugs to our awesome and noble moderator, Han Solo!!!
  14. BigFatty Jedi Master

star 4
    The deadline says July 16th, I'm guessing that's a typo?
  15. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Erm, yea it was. It's fixed now. :)
  16. Nidrail Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    Done! :)
    I put the finished vrs. in the post below; I had posted one here but my mom is an incredible eye for art and after her critique I redid allot of the portrait.
  17. PadawanDi Jedi Knight

star 1
    :( Unfortunately, I will not be able to participate in this assignment. My computer is acting very funny right now. And I am going to be gone next week so I don't have a lot of time to work on one. I'm hoping I might be able to squeeze it in right before I go, but I can't promise anything. Sorry!

Nidrail- the likeness is definitely there! Good job! :)
  18. Nidrail Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    I hope you get to draw one of them, PadawanDi!

And thanks!

Here's the finished vrs:
    [image=http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/TheRoyalTailor/smalleranikan.jpg]

Well I can't wait to get critiques from all of you!

~N
  19. TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm a little new to this forum. I wanted to post something for the last assignment, but I totally missed the due date. So I was glad when the second assignmet came up.

I do have to say that it has been awhile since I have drawen anything. I have been stuck in an artist slump. so I would love your feed back. Thanks!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1179442/LukeSkywalker.jpg
  20. Nidrail Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    Hey I should mention, too, for anyone attempting that anakin, here's a awesome large reference for it:

http://www.cswu.cz/epizoda-iii/images/anakin/049.jpg
  21. BigFatty Jedi Master

star 4
    Turning in my homework:

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/Palpy.jpg]

PS--I meant to include Anakin, but didn't plan out my space on the page very well and he got shoved off. Oops.
  22. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Man, there's some fabulous work in here for this one already--excellent work so far everyone!! And LOL BF about the "page planning" thing: we know you just didn't feel like messing about with all of Ani's curly hair...which I thought would be my undoing in my own version ;) :

"False Promises" Palpatine & Anakin ROTS

FF

23. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Wow.

What medium is that in?
  24. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Sith-Lord-Gunray wrote: "What medium is that in?"

It's mechanical graphite pencils (HB & 2B) on Bienfang Heavyweight drawing paper (70 lb) with a medium texture. Hope that helps!

FF
  25. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    Falcon, the Palpaitne/Skywalker drawing is fantasic. The shading and light-dark contrast is brilliant. I was really impressed with the detail.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.