Art Archive The Fan Art Studio Class: Version 4.5 (Assignment 3 now posted)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Hmm...I think hands would be a good place to start. Reminds me of last semester when my professor had us draw 100 hands in our sketch book for my anatomy class. It was a pain, but it really helped. I could see a significant improvement.

I'll have the new assignment up in a bit. ;)
  2. Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod

star 7
  3. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I'm sorry for all the delays. I just needed some time to get through the transitional period. But now that that's over with, I will still be running this thread and I'm currently cooking up the new assignment. ;)
  4. Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod

star 7
    I take it that this thread isn't going on anymore.
  5. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Never fear. Assignment Three is now up and ready for you to tackle. ;)
  6. Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod

star 7
    Yes!! A new project to get started on! [:D]
  7. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Just wanted to give a heads up - I found those hand sheets from my anatomy packet. Not sure if these will help or not, but they can be found here and here.

And just a general reminder since no one has submitted anything yet, this assignment is due this coming Monday. You only have the weekend left, folks. :p
  8. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Well, the deadline for assignment three has come and gone without one entry. I don't know, I'm a little worried. [face_worried]

Anyway, with this in mind, I'm going to extend the deadline for another week. Hopefully we can get some entries in here. :)
  9. BigFatty Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I really wanted to to do this, but with the beginning of the semester and all. Hopefully I'll find some time this week to get it done, but I won't promise. REally sorry if I can't do it, beause I really appreciate these lessons.
  10. Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod

star 7
    An extension is good... I've unfortunately been caught up in real life art assignments, and getting to a scanner is tricky... but I will try to have mine up by that date.
  11. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I figured a lot of people were busy. It happens to the lot of us. :p

But no worries. You still have plenty of time to get these in. Remember, you still have time to submit something even after the deadline has passed.
  12. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Perhaps this was the wrong time to start this back up again. I know I've got a lot of comments that people are busy with school and work and didn't have time to work on this, so maybe it'll just be a good idea to leave this up here for a month or so to allow those folks who are interested to get their submissions up.

Another idea that struck my mind is to try out some of the lessons highlighted in the new "You Can Draw Star Wars" book. I'm not sure if that would generate more interest, but for now, I'll just leave this up and allow everyone more time to complete this at their leisure. :)
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.