main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fan Force European Meeting 2006!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jairen, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Borrowed from Lord_Tice in the London board!

Every summer since 2002, the European Fan Forces like to join together for one big meet. Over at the European forum, we are discussing which city shall host the meeting for 2006. This year Germany and Spain are up for nominations. The GSFF (German Speaking Fan Force) have listed three cities for us to ponder and have provided useful links to show which each city/region has to offer. These three cities/regions are:
    Berlin
    Hamburg
    Rhein/Main (includes Frankfurt, Mainz and Weisbaden).

The GSFF would like us to vote for one of their chossen three Cities so that they can then concentrate on building one, big nomination.
    The thread where all this is happening can be found here: Euro FF Meet 2006!

Spain are still putting together their nomination(s).

Previous meetings have taken place in London, Paris, Lisbon and Stockholm.
    Lord_Tice and Ant were present for the last one in 2005 and it was BRILLIANT, so it?s well worth thinking about going if you can. Once a City has been decided, we can then begin to arrange a date but usually the meet takes place between late July and August and lasts for about 5 days.

If you're interested in going or would like some more info, just let us know and any input would be most welcome!!
    Thanks

2. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    I think you will find it was Lord_Tice. ;)

3. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    No idea what you're talking about mate :p

4. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I was planning to go when Croatia was running, but since they got pushed out due to not being official yet I gave up on them. However, Berlin sounds the best of whats there for those going (I'm still planning on going to Croatia though :p )

5. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    If it's Berlin we can help knock down that dastardly wall!

What? It's gone already???!!! Damn I miss everything :(

6. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    If I had to pick from those three cities, I would say Berlin.

I just want to point out, I don't know what time of the year they intend to host the meeting, but I think this summer would be pretty much of the question - with the World Cup, every hotel in Germany is going to be rammed! :D

7. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm contacting my lawyer Phil :p
    Nah, thanks for posting this on here, it looks better coming from you then it does me ;)

Fear not Mark, the meet is likely to take place in August, after the World Cup so flights and hotel prices should be back to normal. However, I should point out that the majority of people tend to stay in hostels, although if you want to find a hotel near-by that's perfectly fine too :D

The meet last year had members from here, Germany, Spain, Denmark, France and of cause Sweden, so it was pretty busy and very international.
    Berlin gets my vote for the main German candidacy :D

8. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    :eek:

I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for that pesky edit function.

I would love to attend but unfortunately money will be tight this year.
    :(

9. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    [image=http://www.avotek.nl/cards.jpg]

that'll do nicely sir.

Germany - Berlin! [face_dancing]

10. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    same here. SOunds great BUT I really have to get my finances under control

11. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    fear not james, i spotted the error of his ways whilst lurking ;)

:p

12. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    This "JAMES" stuff has to stop David.

I cannot use a credit card, I do not own any.
    I refuse to own any, I am not spending money that is not mine just to be charged a load to pay it back.

13. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    ROFL!!

terribly sorry old chap.

on topic, i would love to go to a big euro or even world wide FF meet, but cost of travelling abroad and babysitters etc. just get in the way everytime. the only chance i would have is if one comes to our own fair land again. (and my credit card is pretty much exclusively for buying star wars stuff with, have to be strict on myself with that one)

14. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I just borrowed on my mortgage to clear my CC debts so I am NOT getting another card, I cant trust myself

15. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Germany . . . . . . . . . . . . . Due to financial pressure, I think not. :rolleyes:

16. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Oh, don't worry, it will come to England again, I promise you. Now that it's on my radar, we will prepare a press packet for a future date. Much like London 2012 for the Olympics, we will prepare an eventual meet here. Possibly someone other than London as well, since they've done that already :p

17. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    does this mean we have to wait till 2012 for the UK one again!!!

ill be like 23!! wow thats scary. id actually be able to make germany by that age

18. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    It would be great to have it in the UK once again in a few years time. The first one was in London and from what I can gather was very low key, but it's now formed into a great gathering and fingers crossed it will continue to do so for a while yet.

I can understand that finance is a big issue with most which is a bummer :(
    But as a rough figure for those interested, I think something between £200-300 would be more then enough, although this is very dependant on flights and accommodation so it could in fact be much cheaper then that.

19. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    It's so great to read that really a lot of you would like to attend :D
    I'm sure you won't regret it no matter what city/country will be decided on in the end :D

Just to keep you posted:
    Our GSFF GSA posted a poll for you to vote on the German city that will be our (and your) final candidate.

Here is the link:FF Europe Meeting 2006 "Choose your City you like to visit in Germany"

Looking forward meeting you all :)

20. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Man I had to dig deep for this thread :p

Hey folks :)

As promised I have some news for you :)

Finally the members of the European FanForce have decided for us which city will be our candidate as host for the European FanForce Meeting 2006:
    It's our capital BERLIN! :cool:

The German FanForce is working on our final candidacy at the moment.
    So feel free to check the Meeting Planning thread from time to time. And please feel invited to share your thoughts and ideas with us :)

The Spanish FanForce announced to have their candidacy ready in about three weeks.
    Another reason to check the thread mentioned above ;)

To find out which date would be best to held the meeting for the majority of the poeple chimealheltei from der GSFF created some kind of poll.
    We would like you who are interessed to attend the meeting to insert their favorite dates :)
    Here is the poll.

So much for now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.