The Fan Sites Open Call Banner Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Sites' started by DVeditor, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat5451 Jedi Master

star 4
    I do too, and I think it says Star Wars Hull.
  2. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks guys! :)

By the way, it says Star Wars Hutt. ;)
  3. DVeditor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Just spoke with gabe, and he said the reason the image is messing up in the boardcolumn is because of the image URL being defined in the html code for the page itself and not the system style. Soooooo, basically I'm not sure how to correct it as of right now because it may mess up the rest of the header. [face_thinking] If I hear an idea from him about it or think of something I'll let you know, otherwise I'm not sure what to tell you. Sorry it doesn't look quite the same as the preview version.
  4. Luke I am your father Jedi Padawan

Banner looks cool in here - nice work. :)
  5. lordhaze Jedi Knight

star 1
    what a great idea.bet loads of people are getting headaches now with banner creation..good luck guys
  6. DVeditor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Heh, actually we haven't had any new submissions for a while - feel free to take a shot at it if you like!
  7. Rayson Jedi Master

star 4
    I was working on some ideas, and here's what I came up with:

Click Me
  8. Rayson Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm guessing you...don't..like it? :p
  9. DVeditor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Sorry, between being out of town and juggling lots of stuff online I forgot to get back to you. I even had a partial post stored in the cache for this thread. :p

I like the color scheme and corner image (may be too big though), but I'm not quite sure where the "this forum is inoperational" is coming from or where it would go. [face_thinking] Have you checked the resources in this thread to show what size everything needs to be and where it goes? If not you may want to just in case. Other than that, the blending of those first few images in the middle is a bit too sudden IMHO, but I like the direction you're headed with it. :D Be sure to post a link if you have any updates!
  10. Rayson Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm, I was considering some of the same things you pointed out, especially the suddeness of the coloring in the banner. So expect a revamped version as soon as my computer stops wiping itself.. ;)
  11. Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm getting bored with this one, and everyone is entitled to my opinion. Therefore, I think it's time we look for another one and start a rotation.
  12. DVeditor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    We've only got two so far - I'm still open to submissions. :p
  13. Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Maybe it's about time the second one went up again? I don't know, I just like variety. :p
  14. Cpt_Obvious Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm a fan of the one that's up right now. Maybe I'm just a bit partial though. :p
  15. Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Why is there a generic banner up?
  16. DVeditor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Because it's the "holiday" season here on the boards. Thought it may be a nice touch for a little while. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.