main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fan Sites Social Thread says Final Exams are EVIL

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by jedi-mind-trick, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I remember that website from a while back, bac. Interesting stuff you had there.

That Fan Wikia is pretty interesting. I have a page on there, and I have helped edit the RPF page there. That was a lot of fun to do.

You say one of two...out of curiosity, is the other one Squishy_Vic?

2. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Yes, it's Vic. I didn't realize you were a member there, or maybe I did and just forgot. Now I'm confused. :S

3. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I ain't gone yet mate.

//bans :p

4. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Oh sure, you can't quote the next part, DV. [face_plain]

:p

Bac: That's what I thought. Vic and I are pretty good friends, that guy is very creative. But, yeah, I have an account over there. I don't head over that much, but I do sometimes.

5. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Ah, that's cool. Yeah, he's creative as well. We actually just recently merged our two fanon continuities (Brandon Rhea's Alternative Star Wars Saga and the Squishy Vic Series) into one, calling it the overall "Alternative Star Wars Saga".

6. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Interesting...I will have to check that out. I know that Vic had gone into great detail with some of his characters, especially Narod (speeling?). That plus your fiction would be a great read.

7. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Yup, Narod Antrell is the correct spelling. His Squishy Vic Series has always revolved around the Antrell family, starting around KOTOR and ending in something like 100 ABY. However, his was always in line with canon. Mine never was since it was designed as a re-imagining of not just the Star Wars films, but the entire expanded universe, so when we merged his basically became Alternate Universe as well, though it could still fit in with canon if he wanted it to whereas mine could not. Granted, I keep a lot of canon intact like the formation of the Sith, the Great Hyperspace War, the Mandalorian Wars, KOTOR and the Bane era, but the films are totally re-imagined and the entire story basically is as well, starting in 100,000 BBY with what I call the Order of the Jedi Bendu of the Ophuchi. Because of this huge evolution, the overall story ended up becoming more about the Bac family, which is my creation, but the Skywalkers are a large part as well.

If you're interested, my user page on SWF with links to all of the sub-pages can be found by clicking here!

8. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    ]-}

9. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    DV: [face_laugh]

bac: Yeah, I will have to check that out. My user page can be found in my bio.

I like how you have Nathan Petrelli :p

10. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Hmm...has this place been forgotten already? It was only a week and a half ago that we were posting in here! :(

11. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    I'm still here, lurking as usual. [face_mischief]

I'm actually working on a new website spawned from JC fanfic. TalonIntelligenceSquadron.com is soon to be the rockin' resting place of the longest-running, largest JC fanfic ever. Pretty sweet, eh? I feel that like many social groups who have spawned similar sites, TIS and other fics like it deserve somewhere to expand their worlds. The fics that have grown beyond a "workable" size here on the JC exist within Star Wars, but definitely exist in a world of their own. I'm hoping, actually, that the website promotes not only TIS and the "Talonverse" in which it exists, but also the potential for other fics and groups on the JC to move into the Web.

12. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    That sounds pretty interesting. I await to see what it looks like. :)

13. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    That does sound really interesting. As you can probably tell from some things I said in this thread, I'm really into Fan Fics so that will be a great site to see once it's done!

Anyway, just to get some non-website discussion going, any of you have any plans for this Memorial Day Weekend (assuming you live in the United States)?

14. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Nope...I have none. I am staying on campus this weekend. First memorial day ever I have not spent with my family.

15. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Well, for me, I still have yet to see Indy IV, which is starting to make me irritable. I might want to look to that. Otherwise, my weekend is pretty clear except for helping a friend get back into "volleyball shape." She's going to be coaching varsity high school volleyball and hasn't played in a year or so.

... nevermind that I don't even play volleyball at all.

I figured I'd help her with her first season... maybe with conditioning for the girls or whatnot. I'm decently athletic anyway, but I surely am not as talented as she. I basically am assuming that I'll be a target for her endless spiking. [face_blush]

16. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    I caught Indy IV the other night. I enjoyed it, but some parts were..iffy.

That's cool. I use to wrestle in high school and think it'd be cool to help coach it when I am out of college.

17. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    I played basketball for my entire high school "career," but I was never good enough to play college ball. Coaching might be another matter altogether. It would definitely be interesting to see how things would run on my own court.

My friend is likely to be pretty harsh with the girls since she's really good. She's not into the dainty girly-girl attitude that sometimes infiltrates girls' sports... first girl to wear shorts that are too short is likely to be sent my way for conditioning. [face_mischief]

18. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    That's the same with all of the Indy movies. I thought all of those were classics and this one for me was no different. It was definately worth the wait!

19. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    I am not going to say it was a bad movie, but it wasn't the best, IMO. Still a good movie.

Oh, I definitely wasn't good enough at wrestling to make it into college. :p A kid I graduated with actually plays basketball with the Ohio State Buckeyes though (the college I go to). :D

20. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Whoa... are you serious? That's awesome! My claim to fame is that I know a guy attempting to get in the NFL who beat up on Howie Long's son, Chris, back in high school. Yeah, yeah... now Chris Long is headed for the NFL and is a big-shot, right? Oh, man... this guy (wound up playing for Vanderbilt) smacked Chris Long so hard it probably made his world spin for days. I loved it.

My other claim to fame with "knowing people" is that I actually got to watch John Gilchrist play basketball here in Hampton Roads before he went off to college at Maryland. Now, he didn't go very far in Maryland, but taking over Steve Blake's job was a pretty big deal for the two years he was there. If only he had stayed... :(

21. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Yeah, it's pretty cool. It's really, really strange though. Hebroke so many records in high school, including the most points in a career here in Ohio; he was even the highest scoring player in the nation his senior year with around 45 ppg or something...but he did horrible this year in college. :( Though, he is a freshman and it's a big transition from HS to college. I can only expect him to get better.

[face_laugh] That's great! So, is this guy going to be able to make it to the NFL?

I don't know who John Gilchrist is. [face_Sad]

22. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Are you talking about Jon Diebler? That's impressive that you know the guy! I'm an ACC girl myself, so I don't know all that much about him, but he'll surely fall into the college mindset and be playing good ball here soon for you guys in Buckeye territory.

I hope my buddy can make it to the NFL, but, politics aside, he's definitely got to work his way to play pro football. :p

You don't know who Gilchrist is? Awww... do you know who Steve Blake is, then? Definite ACC knowledge, but this stuff is early this decade, really... so, if you're a freshman, that would make it waaaay back in the day for you. Middle school era, I suppose. And if you're not into basketball as much, it's understandable, somewhat.

I'll forgive you this time only. :)

23. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Yeah, I am talking about Jon Diebler. He's a good guy. I ate supper with him a couple weeks back (first time I've talked to him since Fall Quarter), and he was same as always. :p I don't doubt that he will eventually start dropping those threes like he does.

Nope sorry...don't know who you're talking about. :(

Thanks for forgiveness though. :p

24. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    ... and now I'm completely sore. Three-hour crash course in volleyball so I can help my friend coach high school volleyball. More to come later, too.

I definitely won't be able to move tomorrow. I should have kept to playing basketball. [face_plain]

We didn't have a wrestling team in high school. Is it really popular up there in Ohio?

25. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    And, just because I mentioned it, a look at what the top banner will appear like on the TIS website. It's still not live and linked, so you get a peak only. :p

Website Banner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.