main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The fanfic trivia questions are posted. Game Over, Answers Posted, Winners Revealed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Herman Snerd, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    By now, hopefully you've all heard about the upcoming fanfic trivia game and you're all asking yourselves, "Why should I play?" Well, here's a few reasons:

1) Be exposed to fanfic you've never read before.

2) Get to know your fellow fanficcers by working with them and/or conspiring against them.

3) Two weeks of pretty VIP colors as well as a title explaining why you're suddenly a VIP. For those who are already VIPs, you will be free to change your current boring colors for that time period.

4) Bragging rights.

Format

The trivia has been divided into three parts. There's general fanfic trivia, forum and member trivia, and classic groupfic trivia. For ease of scoring, every question - even multiple part questions - will be worth a single point.

You can play alone or with a partner, but there will be no teams allowed with more than two people.

Time

The current plan is for the game to begin Friday June 28th and run for one full week. At any time within that week the teams can submit their answer sheet to me via PM. Only one set of answers per team will be allowed and I'm going to accept the first one only, so don't submit your answers unless you're certain you can't answer any more.

Official Rules:

1. The winning team shall be the team that wins and no other.

2. To be recognized as the team that wins, you must answer more questions correctly than the competition.

3. In the event of a tie, there will be a race around the world to decide who really wins. If that's deemed to be too difficult, the tie will be won by whichever team submitted its entry first.

4. Teams will be restricted to a maximum of 2 players and a minimum of one player.

5. Trivia answers will be sent directly to me via PM only. Only one answer submission per team will be accepted.

6. Once a winner is declared, the answers will be displayed. There will be a 48 hour period where players can dispute an answer and thereby the outcome of the game. After that time expires, the prize is awarded and any subsequent complaints will be soundly ignored.

7. To overturn the outcome of the game the contesting team must provide ironclad proof that the given answer is wrong. In the event that happens I will immediately pass the blame along to someone else and the results will be retabulated.

Unofficial Rules:

1. While the official teams are limited to 2 people, there's nothing to stop teams from trading answers back and forth behind the scenes as well as contacting non-players and hitting them up for answers.

2. Given that trading answers aids the opposition as much as it helps you, it only really works if the opposition gives you the correct answer and you give them a load of crap.

3. Lying, cheating, and backstabbing are encouraged.

4. Trust no one.

Just to make it easier for me I made this new thread and I'll have the other one locked. This thread will now serve to both provide the rules of the game as well as be the official sign-up thread. So please come up with a witty team name and let me know who is on each team.

2. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Mind if I sign up? I was going to seek a partner on the old thread but it was locked... so... anyone interested in workin' with me?

3. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Team Name - The Insomniacs

Team Members -

Amidala_Skywalker
    J_K_Dart

4. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Team Name
    Duo of Insanity

Team Members
    EmilieDarklighter
    AngelQueen

Let the fun begin! :) :D ;)

AQ

5. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Team Name: Snowbie and Aanix

Team Members:
    Snowbie-wanKenobi
    Aanix_Durray

6. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Team Name: Kit and Kat

Team members:Kit'
    and Kathryn

7. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Okay, this is just a stupid little note by me: I fixed the links at the main top index to link directly to here. You may now go about your daily....stuff. ;)

8. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Anyone need a partner..?
    And hey, when do signups and all end?

9. empress of justice

empress of justice Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2000
    RidingMyCaroselOnYou: I already have a partner, or else I'd ask you to be mine...

Herman: can we make an exception to the "2 people" rule and make it 3? :D

Team TORC

Empress of Justice
    anya Skywalker

10. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Sorry, no exceptions.

Sign-ups will be open until the game starts. It's tentatively scheduled for this Friday, but if my week gets real busy, which it appears to be about to do, I may push back to July 1st for the opening.

11. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Ah well, I'll participate the next game or so. :)

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Team: Jedi Wraiths

Members:

JediFalcon
    Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

13. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Team No Clue

Team members: RidingMyCaroselOnYou & JediClare

14. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Anyone else in need of a partner? :D

15. JaegerGhent

JaegerGhent Jedi Master star 5

Jan 5, 2002
    Team Name
    Mages of the EU/JA Realm

Team Members
    RingThane
    JaegerGhent

16. Lady_Panaka

Lady_Panaka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    Musical, I'll partner up!

LP

17. wedgeyboy

wedgeyboy Jedi Master star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    anyone else need a partner?

18. council_of_trent

council_of_trent Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Team: Club Obi-Wan Founders

Members: HandmaidenEirtae & council_of_trent

19. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    For those still looking for partners, good news. The game start is now officially bumped back to Monday, July 1st.

Everything is 95% ready to go, but I want the weekend to make sure there aren't any hitches. Plus it now appears that my evenings aren't as free as before so I haven't been able to go everything with a fine toothed come.

So you all now have three extra days to get partnered up. :D

20. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    Herman, do you give us all the questions at once and we send you all the answers at once, or do you give them to us one at a time, and we send the answers back one at a time, or send them all at once?

Eirtae

21. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    All questions, now looking to be anywhere from 60 to 75, will be posted at once in this thread on this coming Monday.

DO NOT under any circumstances submit your set of answers until you have either answered as many as you can or until time expires. (one full week from the time the questions are posted)

I am going to only accept one set of answers per team, so if you only answer question #1 and send in an answer, then your team will only score one point for the game.

22. Corran_Whistler_Duo

Corran_Whistler_Duo Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2002
    Hello, everyone. I just registred here, but I've been lurking for almost a year. Would anyone like to be my parnter?

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Team Members: the_jedi_princess and Sara_Kenobi

Team Name: MIA

24. Jagged_Antilles_Fel

Jagged_Antilles_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    If you want,Wedgeyboy,I'll be your partner.
    We have to decide on a team name.

25. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Team Name: Damage, Incorporated

Members: Marawannabe and Darth_Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.