main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Fanfic Writer's Help and Information Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by rogue11lovesjag, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Thanks Krystalblaze

2. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    rogue11lovesjag, I just wanted to deliver a great big thanks for all that you do here. Answering all these questions has to be hard work. The time you've been spending on searching for an answer to mine is amazing. I only wish there were more people here as deticated as you. Thanks. :) And keep up the great work. This is what the ff writter's resource is really about! :)

3. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    Sorry for the meaningless post, but I just can't let this thread go to page three. Anywho, any answer to my question yet?

4. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    @DarthBane77 :

There is the thing the Jawas eat. Unfortunately I only know it's german translation.
    Other things might be found here: Tatooine Culture

5. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Sorry, DarthBane. My mom has been sick, so I've been having to take care of her when I'm not working. The one that I think Alrik is referring to is a hubba gourd, a hard to digest melon type fruit found on Tatooine and eated by Tusken Raiders and Jawas. Anakin and Tahiri ate one when they were trapped out in the Dune Sea. The rind has healing properties as well.

~Rogue

6. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    Thanks. That'll do.

7. AlrikFassbauer

Apr 2, 2003
    Ah ! Great ! Someone has finally given me the proper translation ! Thanks ! :D

8. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Do you know when the novelization for Episode III is coming out? ?[face_plain]

9. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Okay, here we go. It occured to me that putting "fruit" into the Unoffical Star Wars Encyclopedia might help, so here we go. Courtesy of the Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia, the fruit of the GFFA.

Also, as of right now, there is no release date for the novelization of Episode 3. I would guess that wouldn't be finalized until next year.

Hope this helps!

~Rogue

EDIT: List updated thanks to Layren

Star Wars Fruit

Alcoari
    this fruit is native to the planet Kashyyyk. Its milk is used by Wookiees for drinking and cooking.
    Barabel Fruit
    this large, black-skinned fruit was very tasty. (RF)
    Beebleberry
    a fruit used to make delicious ice cream. (LCS)
    Blicci
    this fruit is grown on the planet Dordolum. It has bright red flesh. (SOP)
    Bloodfruit
    this plant, once native to the planet Ithor, had a thick, meaty rind. (T)
    Blumfruit
    a large, red, oval-shaped berry consumed by the Ewoks. (ECAR)
    Bofa
    this tree produced a sweet fruit, which was often used in the creation of culinary sauces. It was a perfect accompaniment to roasted breast if hibbas. (DW)
    Boffa
    a species of fruit tree native to Yavin 4. The fruit itself is often served salted. (DK)
    Bowvine Melon
    a fruit-bearing plant native to many planets throughout the galaxy. (EGP)
    Brandifert
    a fruit-bearing tree native to Belsavis, the fruit is often used in tarts. (COJ)
    Camba-fruit
    a Moltokian fruit used with distilled water to help preserve skin's natural suppleness and beauty. (COJ)
    Cloudberry
    a plant which has both blossoms and spikes. Each blossom becomes a sweet fruit, unless there are too many spikes; this makes the fruit tiny and sour. (TB)
    Cyanoberry
    named for the blue-colored fruit it produced, this plant was native to the planet Dagobah. (WSW)
    D'larah Palm
    a tree which has been genetically altered to grow in the domed city of D'larah, this palm has bright crimson leaves and produces a deep red fruit which has a sweet milk. (SN)
    Dorian Passion Fruit
    this tasty, juicy fruit is found only on the planet Dantooine. (GMS)
    Driblis Fruit
    an edible fruit. (TLC)
    Dricklefruit
    this fruit is preserved in ornate jars. (SH)
    Ganessa
    a fruit which is harvested and processed for its juice. (TJP)
    Geldan Sun-apple
    an exotic fruit. (RM)
    Gervi Fruit
    a galactic fruit. (RPG)
    Glet-fruit
    this is a strange fruit which has an unusual, ragged shape. (POT)
    Gourdfruit
    a large, ovoid melon. (MA)
    Grakkyn
    this fruit is native to the planet Kashyyyk. The flesh and juice of the grakkyn are fermented to create a potent, alcoholic beverage. (RD)
    Hindian Pear
    a fruit grown by the colonists of Sapella. (KO)
    Hubba
    a gourd found in the desert oases of Tatooine, it provides the primary basis for the diets of Sand People and Jawas. These round, yellow fruits grew in the shadows of cliffs, and their tough, stringy inner fibers held a great deal of water. The water could be wrung or sucked from them, providing fluids to the eater. The name "hubba" is a Jawa term which meant "the staff of life." (TME, TJP, EGA)
    Jewel-fruit
    the fruit of this Calamarian plant was used to create a sweet sauce used in the creation of candies. (DW)
    Jiqui
    the fruit of this plant was known for its bitter-tasting peel. (SWG10)
    Kyrf
    this fruit, grown on a single plantation on the planet Korbin, is often fermented to create an alcoholic beverage also called kyrf. The kyrf fruit is quite flavorful, and the alcohol is quite powerful. Cross-Galactic handles all the exportation of kyrf liquor, which is produced by Drelmar Bin. (PG2)
    Lahdia
    this was another name for the flower-fruit plant, native to the planet Dagobah. (WSW)
    Lasarla
    a Hapan term for the fruit of the Selab wisdom tree. (CPL)
    Liwi
    an the fruit

10. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Thank you very much! [face_love]

Someone told me it was out! :( *sighs in aggravation*

11. redleader92055

redleader92055 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2003
    What ever happened to the kuat drive yards after the battle of Endor?

12. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    I hope your mom gets better soon!

UP

13. AlrikFassbauer

Apr 2, 2003
    What happened with KDY after Endor is more or less described in that "Boba Fett Trilogy" ( I often make up my own, "unofficial" names for books :D ) by K.W. Jeter

They still produced ships - mostly for the rest of the Empire, I think.

14. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Here's what the Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia has to say about the destruction of the Kuat Drive Yards and Endor:

During the last days of the New Order, shortly before the Battle of Endor, much of Kuat Drive Yards was destroyed by Kuat of Kuat. He hoped to ensure that no one - not the Empire, the Alliance, or Kodir of Kuhlvult - would take control of the operation.

Afterwards, the Kuat family continued to build explosives into the yards to keep such a takeover from ever being attempted again. The yards were rebuilt, and the Kuat Drive Yards began selling to the New Republic once that government came into power.

Hope this helps!

~Rogue

EDIT: Clarification.

15. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Upping for people who need help.

~Rogue

16. AlrikFassbauer

Apr 2, 2003
    I've got a question that roams around in my mind for many years now.

Do there exist any plans of "Jabba's Palace" ?

And I don't mean the "Throne Room", or the repulsor-"ship" in which he travels, but rather the whole palace ?

17. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    I'll look on the internet and get back to you tonight for sure, but I'm not sure that there are any "official" maps of Jabba's palace. If there were, it would be in the Incredible Crosssections for the original trilogy.

~Rogue

18. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Alrik, I couldn't find anything. I even looked on some gamer's sites for any that might be downloadable for games like Jedi Knight or Galactic Battlegrounds, but I couldn't find anything. I'm sorry.

~Rogue

19. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I was wondering if there's any official description of Alderran. I've gotten the idea from various fanfics that it's forested, but is that the author's interpretaion, or from more official sources. Sorry, but I have little time for actual research, and this would help immensly.

Also, on an urelated note, I'd seen something suggesting a place to get names, but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw it. Anyone know?

Thanks!

--later--

20. AlrikFassbauer

Apr 2, 2003
    Well, anyway thank you for your efforts. :)

21. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    From the unoffical encycopidia of theforce.net:

Alderaan
    this planet's human inhabitants were among the most peaceful beings in the galaxy. They were in continual harmony with the world around them, and chose to build their cities on top of sandstone bluffs and on stilts in the shallow seas. Their towering cities were built this way so that they wouldn't trample the grass or destroy the seas. The inhabitants of the planet catalogued over 8,000 species of grasses on the plains, and more than that in species of flowers. At the age of seventeen, an Alderaanian was considered an adult. It was a well-known custom that the adult members of Alderaan's society never cut their hair, but allowed it to grow into long tresses. Alderaan was a staunch supporter of the Old Republic, and many of its inhabitants served in the armed forces. Following the Clone Wars and the widespread destruction caused by it, the government of Alderaan outlawed all weapons. They placed all weapons aboard a transport ship and sent the ship out on a never-ending series of random hyperspace jumps. The homeworld of the Organa family, Alderaan's role in galactic politics took a detour during the later years of the Old Republic. As Palpatine continued to gain power, the Organas began organizing a resistance to his Presidency. With the implementation of the New Order, Alderaan became one of the primary supporters of the newly-formed Alliance to Restore the Republic. However, the outspoken dissatisfaction with Palpatine's rule led to the destruction of the planet. When Leia Organa was captured aboard the Tantive IV over Tatooine, she was taken to Grand Moff Tarkin for questioning. Tarkin tried to obtain information from her, but she proved too strong. Even when Tarkin threatened to destroy Alderaan with the new Death Star, Leia lied to him about the location of the Alliance's base. Tarkin took no chances, however, and ordered the destruction of the planet. Alderaan was blown to pieces just before the Battle of Yavin, and all life on the planet was destroyed. Some 60,000 natives survived because they were off-world at the time, and were granted a unique status within the Alliance, as well as the New Republic.

Does that help?

22. SpeldoriontheBlended

Apr 12, 2002
    They have grass paintings, random shapes seen from the air.

23. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    *remembered* There's also an excellent description of Alderaan and other Star Wars planets in the Illustrated Star Wars universe, by Kevin J. Anderson, if you can get your hands on it. It also has some absolutely beautiful paintings by Ralph McQuarrie.

~Rogue

24. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Thanks! That does help!

25. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hey all. We need some help over on the YJK Continuation thread: What is the name of the substance from which Lowbacca's belt is woven? We think that it's some kind of dangerous plant, but we can't remember the specific name. Does anyone know? Thanks for your help. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.