main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The Fanfiction - Role Playing Forum Writing Challenge - RESULTS POSTED

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    I'll check w/ my compatriots. ;)

For now, keep it to PM.

-I_H

2. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Nice! I am going to have fun reading these! :D

Although, I am sad to see that one of the RPF contestants did not get their's in on time. Gives us less of a chance. :(

3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    VOTED!! :D Good writing all around! excellent job. Very enjoyable. Now to wait until a winner is announced.

Very exciting. :)

4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Mercury's The Scoundrel is absolute brilliance.

Venus' An Unexpected Revelation has "RPF Writer" written all over it.

Earth's Facing the Darkness was depressing.

Mars' Mist, I couldn't dream of being able to follow.

Jupiter's A Civil Animosity was fantastic, except for the fact that it left me hanging. Need to know what happens next.

Saturn's Commencement was slightly less depressing than Earth's story, but still not an uplifting piece of fiction. Didn't really get it.

Neptune's The Kindred was interesting, and a good read.

5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Everyone sort of shunned the Clone Wars, so I was glad to see The Kindred. I really enjoyed it, more so than anything else. The Scoundrel was really clever, I thought, but me being the nut I am, I want to know the why behind it all.

6. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Reynar - Really? I thought Venus sounded like fanfic and Mars was excellent. To each their own, I suppose. [face_thinking]

7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Nice Sig, Xany. I know who came to mind when I read that. :p

Is it original? PM me with the answer so we don't get this here thread off track. ;)

8. The_Writing_Olympics

The_Writing_Olympics FF-RPF Contest Sock VIP - Game Host

May 9, 2008
    Reminder: The contest will close at 10:32pm, on 6/5/08. That will mark one week from when the voting phase began. All votes received after this deadline will not be counted. So please, get your votes in pronto!

Thanks!

9. The_Writing_Olympics

The_Writing_Olympics FF-RPF Contest Sock VIP - Game Host

May 9, 2008
    LAST CALL: 22 hours til deadline! Get your votes in now!

10. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Cool beans, finding out who won should be interesting. I have also been curious as to who wrote some of those fics.

11. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    And on my own personal end, a great big thank you to the Fan Fic Mods (and the Census Mods) for going along with this crazy idea and helpin' me out! Its been great getting to know you all, and hopefully we can do this again!

And now, without further adieu, the results:

[b]*With 20 Users Voting, and 117 Points being allocated*[/b]

[u][i]In 7th Place, representing [b]Fanfiction[/b] with 5 Points...[/i][/u]

[color=gold][b]Earth[/b][/color] AKA [b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1212258]LilyHobbitJedi[/link][/b] and her fic, [b]Facing the Darkness[/b]

LilyHobbitJedi is not only juggling three ? count ?em, three ? WIP fanfics, but serving as a gamehost here in Census & Games. She is currently writing ?A New Beginning? and ?Everybody Lies?, and co-writing ?A Light in the Darkness? with KELIA.

[u][i]In 6th Place, representing [b]Fanfiction[/b] with 8 Points...[/i][/u]

[color=indigo][b]Saturn[/b][/color] AKA [b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=994674]Commander-DWH[/link][/b] and her fic, [b]Commencement[/b].

Commander-DWH is a fanficcer and card-carrying OC Revolutionary ? even acting as one of the hosts of the Essential Guide to Original Characters. She specializes in the KOTOR era, particularly with her ongoing ?Blue Side? saga.

[u][i]In 5th Place, representing [b]Fanfiction[/b] with 14 Points...[/i][/u]

[color=orangered][b]Venus[/b][/color] AKA [b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1207678]KELIA[/link][/b] and her fic, [b]An Unexpected Revelation[/b].

You may know KELIA from her roles as gamehost in C&G or participant/ex-host in the PT Scene Write/Rewrite Contest, but she?s also a prolific member of the fanfiction community. She is currently writing ?Arik?s Antics? A Skywalker Diary? and co-writing ?A Light in the Darkness? with LilyHobbitJedi.

[u][i]In 4th Place, representing [b]the RPFs[/b] with 16 Points...[/i][/u]

[color=green][b]Mars[/b][/color] AKA [b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1151550]Sinrebirth[/link][/b] and his post, [b]Mists[/b].

Sinrebirth is an accomplished RPer and is active in a variety of projects throughout the EUC, Lit, and SWC. He's currently the GM of the latest incarnation of the 128ABY series. He also writes board-inspired Fanfiction for a variety of places here in the JC Forums. Sinrebirth won the position of Best GM in the Summer 2007 RPF Awards.

[hr]
    [b]***** Aaaaaand Now, Moving into the Honors Positions *****[/b]

[u][i]In 3th Place, representing [b]the RPFs[/b] with 20 Points and earning [color=sienna][b]Bronze[/b][/color] Honors...[/i][/u]

[color=blue][b]Jupiter[/b][/color] AKA [b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=1131775]Pashatemur[/link][/b] and her post, [b]A Civil Animosity [/b].

Pashatemur is one the the RPFs most accomplished GMs, running the RPF's largest game, Galaxy at War III. Pashatemur is a member of the elite 3-Time Award Winner's Circle. In the Summer 2005 RPF Awards, she grabbed the position of Best Role Player, in the Summer 2006 Awards, she earned the position of Best GM, and in the Spring 2008 Awards, she grabbed the position of best Role Player again.

[u][i]In 2nd Place, representing [b]the RPFs[/b] with 22 Points and earning [b][color=silver]Silver[/color][/b] Honors...[/i][/u]

[color=red][b]Mercury[/b][/color] AKA [b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=793096]Winged_Jedi[/link][/b] and his post, [b]The Scoundrel[/b].

Winged_Jedi is an accomplished RPF GM, currently running his game Lea Monde in the Star Wars RPF. He was awarded the Best RPer award for the Spring 2006 RPF Awards, and is well loved for his currently retired ECHO series.

[hr]
    [b][u][i]AND FINALLY, THE FIRST PLACE WINNER:[/i][/u][/b]

[u][i]In 1st Place, representing [b]Fanfic[/b] with 32 Points, earning[/i] [hl=black][b][color=gold]The Golden Quill[/color][/b][/hl] and Fanfic's title as the Best Writers on the JC is:[/u]

[color=purple][b]Neptune[/b][/color] AKA [b][link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=884735]Gina[/link][/b

12. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I totally called it on Mars=Sinre and Jupiter=Pash. Missguessed the last one, but 2 out of 3 isn't bad. :p

Congratulations Gina!! Well done. :D =D=

13. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Double post is twice as effective.

14. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Booo!! [face_plain]

:p I kid. Congrats to all the participants, especially Gina! :D Definitely a good story by you!

We did a good job guys. Out of curiosity, who was that last RPer?

15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Me. But the muses weren't speaking to me and I couldn't come up with something in time :(

hangs head in shame

16. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    *shakes hands all around*

Good game, everyone! :D

Congrats and applause to all the fantastic RPF entries! =D=

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Awesome, awesome reads!! WOO HOO!! I'm glad Two of the Three I voted for WON!! Great Talents all around!! Congrats to EVERYONE!![face_dancing]

18. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Very glad that The Kindred won, and very glad that one (strike that, two!) of our own gave 'em a run for their money!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.