main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton The FanFilm revival thread: Edmontooine presents ''The Corellian: Part 1'' ***UPDATED August 21***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Greetings all,

Well we discussed getting back on track in the fanfilm business last night at our gathering, so here we go!

We hashed out some ideas last night, and Troy sent me what he has for a script this morning. He and I will work on polishing it up and we should probably have it ready for suggestions in a couple of days.

Alex, Berkley and I spent a few hours today scouting out a couple of locations and establishing some shots and where the camera should sit for filming some scenes, as well as working out a bit of what could happen where. We have about 4 minutes of footage of us just booting around, we'll get that trimmed down and organized, and maybe try to get some stills made up from it to help describe what we worked out... all in all, we found a GREAT location thanks to Berx, I think it is REALLY REALLY gonna work awesome!!

Once we get a script hammered out, we need to have another meeting so we can do some storyboarding and establish how we want to accomplish the shots of the movie. Are there any artistically inclined volunteers who can do the drawing for us? Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just good enough to get the point across.

I'm really glad we are getting this off the ground again!!!

Indy

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    No prob Indy. I'm glad to see this working to.

So, what's my title going to be? Location Manager?

3. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    I might be able to do some....depending on how detailed you want it....especially if there isn't anyone else. Let me know!

4. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Well, I'm back in town, I know I kind of dropped off the map, we decided on a road trip to Toronto so I've been without internet. :(
    I'm back for the summer and really looking forward to us getting this film started. It will probably take me a while to get caught up so bare with me if I ask anything thats been covered :)

5. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I can do some storyboarding. Unfortunately, at the moment, I've had to put in a lot of overtime at work, that and I would have to scan and email the story boards....

6. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    Mesa do oursome part!

I can draw (a little). Put me in, coach!

7. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Hey,
    I have internet problems lately and I', doing my best to get back online full time. I am in edmonton for work so I have two days a week off i can meet you guys to discuss the film and if you still want me to help with the fight stuff as well.

Please let me know , sounds good so far

8. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Looks liek everythings coming together nicely :)

9. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    why don't ya post the script Indy :)

what you have of it anyway

10. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    I have you on MSN to facilitate script discussion, but I haven't been online when you have. :(

11. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Sorry Troy, 2 things working against that...

I am on dialup, so I don't spend a whole lot of time "connected" to make MSN feasable as a locator

I was in Calgary all weekend... :)

You should have something in your mailbox today... :)

Indy

12. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Okay, Troy and I have finished the initial draft of the script, here is a link to the script as we have it now.

Please everybody give it a read over and think about it for the meeting tommorow night so we can discuss if we like it as is or would like to change some things.

Enjoy!!!

Indy

13. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    If you eed body I'm in

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    suh-weeeeet! :D :D :D

15. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Oh and Jason, any help you can provide will be graciously accepted with great enthusiasm... :)

I wouldn't sweat too much about this project though... while we want to make a decent film, the whole point is to get the feel of making one, so the fight stuff isn't as important as when we go for a more complex film... so save your good stuff for that.. :)

Indy

16. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Hey all,
    Thanks Indy, no problem I have plenty of stuff in the old noodle for simple or elaborate :).

I'll be checking out the posts more here now. :).

P.S I know it serves no relative purpose but I finaly got my Interactive R2-D2 at Toys R us on the south end !!!!

17. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Okay I updated the script with our new ideas on a couple of the scenes.

Updated

Indy

18. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    For some reason, I get the feeling that Ty should make some sort of visual show of regretting having killed Jekiso at the end. He is a Jedi after all, and Jedi are not supposed to enjoy killing (they rever life). So if he made some sort of sign like kneeling over the body to say a silent "right of passage" or something, then we might be able to portray a more "Jedi-like" attitude...

...at least that is something that comes to mind...

19. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm sure that Troy will be able to explain this better, but...

Basically Ty is going to be a kind of "last resort" for the Jedi Council. When all negotiations, all attempts at reconciliation, all efforts to stop somebody fail, then The Corellian is sent in to get the job done, one way or the other. I guess the best way to describe his character is a "Mercenary-Jedi", he is the last resort when all other avenues have failed. He is wise enough to realize that sometimes death IS the only option.

Maybe if we move a bit of the dialogue around, we can make it look a little less like Ty is looking forward to killing Jekiso, but that it is his only choice in the situation, and can still retain his cocky attitude.

Indy

20. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    What Indy said. ;)

21. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Yeah, we definately want to show Ty's character flaws: arrogance being one of the biggest. He's not a very traditional Jedi. He refuses to take a padawan as it would "tie him down".

We're trying for a "against type" sort of Jedi.

22. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I was also thinking on this last night, and realized it isn't so "out of character" for a Jedi - at least a movie Jedi. Luke, Mace, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and scores of other Jedi kill people in battle, without any "visible" remorse, which is where the books really excel, because they can look deeper into the psyche of a Jedi than a movie can. Hopefully we can use the best of both worlds eventually... :)

Indy

23. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Well we had a short but productive meeting last night.

Costuming - Angela and Terry are looking into how difficult it would be to make a shirt similar to Lukes in ROTJ... as well as keeping their eyes open for some dark green fabric to make Ty's robe out of. Anyone is free to look through their closets to try and find something suitable for Jekiso... something that might be a bit beat up for pants and a shirt, as well as a loose fitting long sleeved tunic shirt to go over top.

Props - For Jekiso's sabers we discussed using some PVC pipe and wooded dowels, and using that spray insulation foam that expands to secure the dowel inside the PVC pipe. Not sure exactly how we are going to secure THAT to Jekiso's arms, so if you have any suggestions, please speak up. Also looking for ideas on how to inexpensively convert the part of those pipes that will be showing to look like blade emitters.

[b][u]SHOOTING[/b][/u]

[b]We briefly discussed when would be a good time to plan for shooting days... we looked at the weekends of August 23-24 or August 30-31. If everybody could let us know their availability for those weekends, that would be great.[/b]

Location Equipment - We are going to need a tarp (which I have) to provide some shade while on location, as well as some coolers and ice so we can have drinks available (everybody provides their own). It might also be a good idea to bring a chair so that you have somewhere to sit down (I only have the one collapsible one). If you can think of anything else we might need please feel free to suggest it.

That's it for now, if you have any ideas, suggestions, additions or insights, please post em! :)

Indy

24. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'll be able to provide the coolers (I have two) as well as some chairs, and a water jug.

25. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Well we have a decision to make folks...

Danny isn't going to be available to film until late September at the earliest, so we need to decide if we want to wait that long to film, or if we want to re-cast Jekiso and go ahead as scheduled if we can find somebody willing to take the role if it comes to that? :)

Opinions?

Indy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.