main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA The FanFilm Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Obi-Wan_Toddi, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    yes ... that's an order! :p

2. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    Any chance I could help on the poster?
    Here's a sample :)

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Suvlaco/StarWarsPosterFinal.jpg]

I got 100% on that poster (98% for the assignment) in Year 11 IPP (Info. Processing and Publishing) last year.
    PS: I have a MUCH larger version available if you wanna see the details
    PPS: Eyesssssss......

3. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    That is phenomenal (coming from and IT teacher who has only a basic grasp of photoshop). Good work there! A+ ;)

4. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Poster's already been taken care of. Thanks anyway. :)

How are you in organising getting into venues to film for free? [face_thinking]

5. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    Okies, no probs. I'll keep track of how you guys are going.

6. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    No-one's back at work until....um, today I think.

I haven't left the house since NYE ;)

But I will swing by sometime before the end of the week to ask the relevant question of the relevant guy(s).

I'd email him, but our work email has been on the blink since just before Christmas...grrrr. I can't wait for the several hundred emails I'll get when it's eventually fixed (end sarcasm).

7. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Hmm ... well since I work very close to your work skipp, any chance of just going in one day and having a look?

8. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Not a problem. I'll suss out the availability and 'cost' (ha!) with the man and then we can work from there. You could come in on the same day. Just don't know exactly when this week. Really getting into holiday mode and taking it one day at a time :p

9. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Cool ;) ... thanks, dude!

10. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    *Kerr-Bump* ;)

Okay, far as I remember when it comes to acting in a play, (as with movies) we should have a round-table reading of the script before we begin filming to get familar with our characters and the people we're going to be acting with for the next year or so.

Now we all know each other, which is a good start, but this is a chance to check over a few inconstancies and smooth out a few final details in a comfortable setting without having to do so on the day.

Someone's house, or even at a cafe, would be a good setting, and I know that there's a few of us in scenes Toddi want's to shoot. It would also give us a chance to discuss costumes and everything else.

Well?

11. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Check over a few inconsistencies? o_O Please explain?

And having a read-through ... sure. You wanna organise this Aiel? [face_thinking] You gonna make an appearance? :p

12. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    if needed, I shotgun walking past in background/being the shocked onlooker. in other words, if you need a young jedi as an extra, i'm there!

13. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    [face_thinking] Would depend on whether you could handle being directed by me ... as I'm the director/writer and responsible for the mess! I have general control over the who/how/where/what/when/why with this lil monster.

There could be a part available as I'm waiting for a definite commitment from somone. Should know soon.

There might be some small, but important BTS roles though [face_thinking]

14. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    as long as 'evil toddi' stays at home, i'm happy to have you as director.

and whatever roles you can give me, i'll take em. maybe i could hide my face, that way i could be an extra in more than one scene. :D

15. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    You either accept whatever Toddi turns up or don't bother. I can't guarantee I'll be in a happy mood ... I'll be in a very focussed mood which may seem aggressive ... but isn't really. I'd also say my patience will be minimal too. That's notice for everyone! :)

The aim is to have fun, get it done and enjoy it!!

EDIT: Oh ... there's no acting roles available at the moment unfortunately!

16. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    i didn't say i wanted an acting role, i said 'extra'.

and with your mood, i meant no 'evil toddi' who only picks on me and no one else

17. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    OK there's currently no more 'on screen' roles of any kind.

Oh and don't worry ... I'll pick on everyone ... not just you, my friend! [face_mischief]

18. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    I'm happy to offer my place as it's relatively central...

Oh and as far as Evil Toddi goes, I'm a teacher so I think I'll cope...if I can dish it out, surely I can take it ;)

bye for now guys, gotta fly

19. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Thanx skipp [face_peace] ... any takers?? dates?

as for evil Toddi ... gone. Welcome 'Focussed Toddi' :D

20. jabbathenutt

jabbathenutt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    dont i know it;) but dont worry i give as good as i get, hey toddi:p

21. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    It's all good! [face_peace] :p

22. Aiel

Oct 14, 2004
    If I'm organising it, dear director, naturally I would be there.

It depends, my house is right near O'Sullivan and Christies beaches, if people want to laze around on a nice beach for a while, but it is pretty much down south here.

I wanted to know if people were up to having something like this first,I think maybe in the city though. Botanical gardens maybe?

23. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Well skipp has offered his place ... think we'll go with that. It's central. His cats are fun to watch.

Care to explain the 'inconsistencies' to me?

24. Aiel

Oct 14, 2004
    Just at the begining. Alderaan managed to survive up to the explosion in ANH, so I think rather then threatening Vader, Callie should be being persuasive, after all
    they are hiding a very important secret from Vader.

So she would be trying to avoid all confrontation, not goading Vader as Leia does later in ANH, after all, Leia IS the secret and she doesn't know it, so she can be as angry as she likes with Vader. So maybe if Callie mentions a specific issue that has made the people angry, rather then voicing her own anger against Vader which she knows could result in him or someone else in his employment puting Leia in danger before the girl can take care of herself.

Just a tiny thing, but I think it sets up the tone of Alderaanian's being naturally peaceful people, rather then violent.

25. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Hmm well it says nowhere in the script that she is angry! It is your job to make it sound as diplomatic, or even pragmatic as possible. Organa has some zest in him, so Remon will carry it too. Even if she were being aggressive, that doesn't mean that Alderaan's people are violent! They can have opinions too! She's also young, perhaps foolhardly. She put her foot in it with her first line and is trying to recover with her second.

Read the script again.

And it's probably best to ask/clarify about how a line should be said before saying something needs correcting. It's probably not helpful to make a presumption.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.