****The FanForce @ CE - Ideas and Volunteers needed!!****

Discussion in 'FanForce: Conventions Europe' started by Lord-Tice, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I'm close to London and you've sent me stuff in the past without problems. (You might still have my address!) If you want to send it here that would be fine. Then maybe a London meetup could be arranged for me to hand the stuff over prior to CE. (I need an excuse for an FP run anyway!)
  2. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Too late Laj, I've emptied FP of all SW goodies a few weekends ago :p
  3. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I'm sure they will restock by the time I go. Besides, I found 2 McFetts at the local Sainsburys on Tuesday so I don't need to search for him any more!
  4. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
    i got one of them.
    i wanted a mcstormtrooper,though.
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I found him awhile back at the same Sainsburys - only found one though.
  6. Darth_En_Ghedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I wonder how? :)

Anyway, may I ask how do the volunteers present for duty?
    I'll arrive in Thursday (night, not evening) how can I present myself to work and when should I do it?
  7. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I had already been in contact with Dajuan so that's being looked after. First things first, I'm awaiting final table information from Barry to find out if we can actually accomodate a banner. Once we get that nod then we can decide if we actually need it and how much it will cost to send. Hopefully we can make a final decision by the end of next week. And I'm confident we can cover all the other table content with our own items, which again may work out cheaper.

Darth_En_Ghedi - I think the best thing we can do is meet-up at the table when the doors open. It's the easiest way to locate everyone and it should be easy to find. Once the timetable of events is published, we can draw-up a rota so we can cover the table as much as possible while still being able to enjoy the show! So for now I'm just getting a list of people who are willing to volunteer their services and we can then decide who does what and when. Hope that helps, and your name is on the list ;)
    We will also probably try and meet-up Thursday evening (Sie, what day are you planning the party btw??) seeming as most of us will be around the area then.

My chief concern now is finance. So far it's still set at £0.00 and without any wonga we can't get anything done. So from now I'll always post a reminder in each post I make in this thread :p

********** Help support the FF **********
    To help our table efforts at Celebration Europe, we need a bit of finance in place to help pay for everything we need. Most of the costs incurred will be from printing, but other items will also need to be purchased to get it looking tip-top. To make everything as fair and inexpensive as possible, I'd like people to contribute whatever they can, with a maximum amount of £10/17 euros each (if you want to contribute more, please do). Ideally it would be great if the donations could reach me as soon as possible. PayPal would be the easiest form of payment, but if you don't have Paypal but do have a chequebook account (UK based people only), then payment by cheque is also possible. If you have neither, then I will accept an 'IOU' to receive payment in cash on the day of CE. I will have to be very strict with the 'IOUs' and are only really for non-UK based & non-PayPal users.

Please PM me for more information and further payment details (i.e where to send the money).

Thank you very much. Any unused finance will be fairly distributed back :)
  8. LadyPoison Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can spare a £5 paypal donation if that's any help :D and some bantha poo... i'm sure that can be used as currency in some areas ;)
  9. Darth_En_Ghedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I can help on location with... whatever... I still haven't put aside the cash TO LIVE those 4 days (food and all) I was ripped of from 1500 euros (I kid you not) just to GET THERE, STAY THERE AND RETURN, so you see, I'm kind of low on cash right now.

I'll be there Friday at 9:00AM (if they give me the ticket, of course) since I'm Hyperspace too.
  10. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Are we getting colors for volunteering at this one? :p
  11. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Those kind of executive decisions are beyond me :p

Not long to go and funds are still set at £0.00.
    Two have stated an interest in helping with the funds, but no hard cash as yet. If we don't get any funds then we can't really do anything so it's quite a pickle and very frustrating for me given the effort I've already put in.

If things don't change then we may have to reconsider the table offer I'm afraid.

To help our table efforts at Celebration Europe, we need a bit of finance in place to help pay for everything we need. Most of the costs incurred will be from printing, but other items will also need to be purchased to get it looking tip-top. To make everything as fair and inexpensive as possible, I'd like people to contribute whatever they can, with a maximum amount of £10/17 euros each (if you want to contribute more, please do). Ideally it would be great if the donations could reach me as soon as possible. PayPal would be the easiest form of payment, but if you don't have Paypal but do have a chequebook account (UK based people only), then payment by cheque is also possible. If you have neither, then I will accept an 'IOU' to receive payment in cash on the day of CE. I will have to be very strict with the 'IOUs' and are only really for non-UK based & non-PayPal users.

Please PM me for more information and further payment details (i.e where to send the money).

Thank you very much. Any unused finance will be fairly distributed back
  12. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Also just like with the FF table at C4 all donors and volunteers for the table will receive VIP-ship with free colours for a while after CE. At least that's a little way of saying "thank you" for the work and money donated to FanForce. :)
  13. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I should be able to send something nextweek Tice, cashflow is a little low after meet ups and what not :p
  14. jac37a Force Ghost

I can help if you still want volunteers for the table.
  15. jamierichards Jedi Master

star 4
    chicks...i want sexy jedi chicks at the table.
  16. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I'm not sure about the donation yet, but I'd be happy to help staff the table. :)
  17. Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod

star 6
    I dont mind volunteering a bit at the table as well.
  18. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    I'm still up for helping out on the table, but I'm not sure how much help I can be money-wise. Practically everything that I don't need for Uni I've spent on the room and tickets, and I won't really even have enough to buy any food when I'm there, let alone other stuff :p
  19. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thank you very much to everyone that has so far made a donation. Funds are now healthy but having as much to play with as poss is always ideal, so please continue to donate if you can ;)
    Special thanks to Jedi_Dajuan, Obi Anne, LadyPoison and jac37a for their donations (if any mod can reward LadyPoison & jac37a with their VIP-ship, please do).

The table cloth has been purchased. The flyer design is nearly locked, the placards are nearly complete and I will start working on some posters this weekend. I'm also getting together the poles needed for the table, but if anyone knows how I can attach these poles onto the table, please let me know as I'm not sure how best to do that yet.

[image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/misc/Table_Concept01.jpg]

Thank you very much. Any unused finance will be fairly distributed back.
  20. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've now made my donation and I'm still willing to help out on the table [face_peace]
  21. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    All VIP-ships will be given out after CE as a rewards for workers and donors. :)
  22. Disciple-of-Tython Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't mind helping out, it's fun helping out in the North of England so why not the south :)
  23. VenHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Because they is the sarf!?

I'll be about so will call on by and...wave a lightsaber for you? :)
  24. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Righty-O gang! Yesterday there were some big developements with the FanForce table as I received the floor plans for the fan area. They were actually incorrect but I?ve managed to alter them myself based on the info that I was given.

The most important aspect to bare in mind is that the FanForce table space will be shared with the fan art exhibition. Below is the plan view of the floor. We are in block M which I?ve highlighted. We will have 6 panels, each a meter wide. Panels 1-5 will be for the fanart exhibition, while Panel 6 and the table will be for the FanForce.

[image=http://www.monkeymattman.talktalk.net/cefloorplan.jpg]

Here is a 3D render of the floorplan, with block M circled.

[image=http://www.monkeymattman.talktalk.net/3d_cefloorplan.jpg]

Now that we know exactly what the space and table will look like, I can finalise the design of the table. I?ll be making some alterations to the earlier ideas, but I?m going to keep them secret incase any other groups tea leaf our ideas :p

We will have to man the table through-out the show. I think it?s best we have 1-2 people on the table at any one time. I don?t want the area clogged up with FanForcers because of the fan art exhibition and because the whole point is to promote the FanForce, which may not be acheived if loads of FanForcers hang around blocking the vital info. Please feel free to use it as a meeting point however, just make sure you?re not in the way ;)

The rota will be governed by the timetable of events. I?m not sure when this will be published, but when it is please let me know what you want to see and do so I can decide who does what and when. If the timetable isn?t actually published until day one of the show, we?ll have to crunch one out on Friday morning.

So far, the volunteer list reads as follows. If you want to be added, just let me know:
    Me
    Lady Poison
    Cobranconda
    Sith Lord Richie
    Spike 2002
    Master Fasli
    Force Ghost of Cozmic
    Sabine
    Tim Bolton
    Darth En Ghedi
    Disciple of Tython
    Jac37a
    Dark Lady Mara
    Grand Admiral Grant
    Obi Anne
    Jedi Padawan Leigh
    Jamie Richards
    Zoltán Simon

It's all coming together nicely :D
  25. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I need your FF photos

I'm putting together the main FF poster for the backing board and I'd like to include a good selection of FF meet photos, so if you have any online albums and wouldn't mind me using some, please post a link in here.

Ta! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.