main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****The FanForce @ CE - Ideas and Volunteers needed!!****

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by Lord-Tice, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The FF Sweden photobucket albums can be found here

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks Johanna :D

I've had to take down the floor plan images as I've been told they aren't for public viewing just yet ;)

I have however been sent the entire CE floor plans and I must say I'm very impressed and excited by them :D

I'll have more info and update coming very soon.

3. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    how excited?

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    About as excited as buying Dave Dorman's print, being able to take it home and hang it on my wall and think to myself 'I have a top notch print of a great Dave Dorman piece of art and that Jamie Richards doesn't have one because he has short arms and long pockets' :p

No, wait, I'm more excited then that. This will be quite like no other show the UK or Europe have seen, and while it will not compare in size to the US shows, it's still pretty vast and there seems to be lots of nice touches going on. I only have plans for the South halls (all 8 of them), so there'll still more stuff going on in and around the ExCel, including the Lucasfilm archive exhibition in the Platinum Suite. Best of all, everything seems really nicely placed, especially the fan section which should get some good exposure I think :D

5. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    lol,i have very long arms,actually...
    damn it,you're making me feel bad now.
    i will buy some prints from dave dorman...

6. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    There's been big progress with the table content.
    The flyers are all now printed and I'm very pleased with them. The posters & placards are printed, and also look good. I've got all the other bits for the table now too, and with just a bit more work to be done, mainly printing, it's all looking good and very nearly complete. I've kept to the budget pretty well too, and hope to give everyone a full run down of costs later. Donations are still welcome though, just incase :p

The Fanart Exhibition is also looking good and shaping up nicely :D

It's all good baby!

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/billandted_party.jpg]
    Most excellent!

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Great news, Matt! [:D]

Now the CE can come! [face_dancing]

9. Darth_En_Ghedi

Darth_En_Ghedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Ladies and Gents...

This is a major heads-up for one major issue.
    We talked here about the Fan Force banner, now with Jedi Dajuan.
    She said recently that NO ONE as given her an address to ship it. Thus, there's no expectations on the banner's arrival.
    I would receive it myself, but I think someone in the UK should get it since I don't wish take this on the plane.

So PLEASE, anyone with interest (and will) in receiving the banner contact Jedi Dajuan or myself so that she may ship ASAP in time for CE.

Thanks

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I'll check with Matt (Lord T), its probably better to get it sent to someone in London rather than someone travelling down from somewhere else (like me). Thanks for bringing this to our attention, afraid I was off the ball regarding the banner!

Edit: Just spoken to Matt, don't worry about the banner. He has discussed it with J-D. He has something else in mind ;)

11. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    You can add me to the volunteering list, as well. :) I could sit at the FF table for a couple of hours, yes. :)

12. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Any news on an event timetable? We'll need a rota devised so people at the table aren't going to miss the events they want to see.

13. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Yes, I had already posted on the previous page the banner had been taken care of ;)

We have to wait until the final timetable is published before the rota can be written, but would people prefer 45 minute stints or one hour stints?? And I think 1-2 people max per stint is a good number to aim for, so if people want to pair up before hand, that would help a great deal. Cheers.

Harry Simpson, part of the organising team, would like to answer any questions we may have and he'll do his best to answer them. I will set-up a sticky thread for this (with Mods permission, of cause). Hope to get this created ASAP.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Let me know where the thread is and I will sticky it for you.

15. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    [Gordon Ramsey]Done![/Gordon Ramsey]

Thanks Laj!
    And now everyone else knows where it is ;)

16. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    I can be at the table if you want me to...

17. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Yeah, I'd prefer to work with someone. I'll just ask around to see who wants to be my table partner.

EDIT: Jedi_padawan_leigh said she'd be happy to pair up with me [face_peace]

18. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Matt, I would suggest to wait until the timetable of the CE is finished, because if they have shows that lasts mostly for 1.5 hours, it would be better to have a 45min. stint, but if they lasts mostly for one hour or two hours, then an one hour stint is more useful. :)

How many helping people do we have all in all? Aren't we enough to be 2-3 people per stint? I think this number would be better, because if one of them have to leave for a short time, there are still two people left at the table. :)

Flo and I want to be in one stint of course, if that's ok. :p
    And if we change to a '2-3 people per stint' then we would be happy to have another one at the table. :D

19. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I think 2-3 should be fine, with 3 definitely being the max amount behind the table. The reason why I want to keep the numbers low is the message will be too diluted if there's a crowd of FanForcers around the table.
    I'm planning to create a form for people to fill in which will state what times they'd like to do, which can be filled in as soon as the timetable of events is published.
    For health & safety and security reasons, I don't want people leaving their bags at the table unless they're manning the table. I don't want the table to be used as a cloak room in other words. We have to be very strict on that rule because I have signed a contract which means we have to conform to the general health & safety rules the organisers have set.

So far we have a good strong 20 volunteers, which ain't half bad :D

I'll try and have the finer details posted by Monday.

20. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    who wants to be my table partner?
    anyone?
    no...?
    hello?
    /sigh
    'sniff'

21. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I don't think the world is quite ready for the double act of Jamie and Tim - it's like putting a wookiee and an ewok in a WWE cage :p

Nah, I am happy to team up with anyone. Just not Sie the day after he has a curry.

22. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Perhaps in the interest of promoting fan demographics, we do 1 male, 1 female teams on the table, rather than all guys and all girls?

23. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I'd say wait and see, some people may hit it off better than others and I don't think it's good to split up people who get on real well.

24. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I'll be the money collect..oops wrong event ;)

Flyerman to the rescue!!!:cool:

25. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Perhaps. Putting strangers together is a good way of promoting friendships between strangers too (and that's what FanForce is all about ;))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.