****The FanForce @ CE - Ideas and Volunteers needed!!****

Discussion in 'FanForce: Conventions Europe' started by Lord-Tice, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmm, it's about making friendships, but not forcing em lol :p
    Let's see what Lord T posts tomorrow, he seems to have the table under control, and I am fine with whatever happens tbh.
  2. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm happyy to work with who ever just as long I'm not left on my own :p
  3. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
  4. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The timetable is out, so everyone take a good look at it and see if there are any period of times you feel you can donate to the FanForce table:
    CE Insider's Guide

I'm away all day sadly, but will be back tomorrow. Tim, if you want to create the form I mentioned then that would help a great deal as I still have plenty to do for the fan art exhibition and only one and a bit days left free.
    Basically I wanted to break the day down into either One hour or 45 Minute blocks, and allocate whoever is free into those blocks. So for example block one would be 9:00-10:00am or 9:00-9:45am, Block Two 10:00-11:00 or 9:45-10:30 etc....
    People can tick whichever block they are free and then we can create an overal timetable and fill in people's names into the blocks, which we'll keep at the table for reference.
    The opening ceremony is the only time when perhaps no one will be able to look after the table, and maybe the Mark Hamill talk too but we'll see how it goes.

Cheers!
  5. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Will do boss.

Looking at the Sat schedule, no slot for Mark placed on the celebrity stage as I can see. People may want to go to the Rick one though,
    Saturday Celebrity Stage with Warwick Davis (S1 & S2) "3:45 - 4:45pm Rick McCallum: Producing the Prequels"

Man are there some funny talk names ... "Two Halves of Darth Maul, with Ray Park", "Jabba: Inside the Vile Gangster" (and I thought he smelled bad on the outside!) and "One-Eyed Security with Jay Laga'aia" (Or Popeye Cop :p ) [face_laugh] lol!
  6. Darth_En_Ghedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well

I'm pretty much free everyday, I don't intend to capture myself in any specific event, I just want to be of service.
    Just squeeze me in, somewhere... Oh and I'll take my girlfriend with me, too, if possible!
  7. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    I'd be happy to do Friday during the Jabba bit, and Saturday during Rick McCallum, so:

Friday 14:30 - 15:15
    Saturday 15:45 - 16:45

I could extend the one on Friday to a full hour if you want :p
  8. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm happy to do any block till 11:30am on all three days, and maybe lend a hand later in day if needed [face_peace]
  9. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Cheers Tim. Didn't realise you were out yesterday too (you weren't at the same wedding as me, were you, lol) but if you could still do the rota and forms that would be great. We'll need to print them out so to save paper and ink, maybe set them at A5 size.
    Also, we can include Glen and Cozmic's choices on their forms and main timetable. Thanks guys, this might actually work, hehe. And we'll find a spot for you Ghedi :)

Just a general rule for flyers. We only have 2,000 and these may all go, so I will allocate a certain amount for each day and once that amount is gone then they are gone (don't take any from the next day's allocated amount). Also, I will break each day's amount into three chuncks, so one chunk we go out in the morning, one at lunch, the other in the evening.
    So the jist is there'll be 700 flyers on Friday, 700 on Sat and 600 on Sun.
    From 9:00am-12:00pm we will have 233 flyers out, then another 233 will go out between 12:00pm-3:00pm and then the remaining 233 will go out after 3:00pm (these times may change but it gives you an idea). Same plan for Sat but obviously on Sunday only 200 will go out per time slot.

People manning the table will also have to keep an eye on the fan art exhibition. People may make some enquiries about the artists and I may have some form of communication system put into place for that, but failing that most artists will have a name plaque with contact details and/or business cards, so just make sure they can make a not of that.

Sorry for all the rules and regulations. I'm trying to keep it simple and as clear as poss, and get the most out of it as a promotional event.
  10. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Don't worry about rules and regulations, Matt. It's good to have certain structure, because this way it goes more smoothly. :)
  11. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    In theory Sabine, yes.............. in theory :p ;) 8-}
    I actually do have some hope this rota might just work :D
  12. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    [face_laugh] Yes, in theory of course. :p

But without a structure and without a good team (I consider FFer as a good team) it's mostly getting more chaotic and stressful. ;)
  13. Disciple-of-Tython Force Ghost

star 4
    To cheat confusion is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret of a good FF working team.
  14. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Matt, we (Flo and I) would like to serve at the table on Friday from 1:00pm to 3:15pm. If you don't want to let us do 2 hours and 15 minutes in a row, which we would prefer, we could also work on Friday from 1:00pm to 2:00pm and on Saturday from 1:00pm to 2:00pm as well.

Is that ok? :)

We would also love if a third person joins our team! Would be great! :D
  15. Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod

star 6
    I dont mind being the third person on your team, those times you picked look about right for me as well. :D
  16. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We could have a "Emperor for the day" hat and whoever wears it on any day shouts orders and shoots force lightning at us lackeys and we scramble around making it all happen :p

I'll be working on rota asap, just finishing off badges :p

I do know Fri morning is out for me - what with the fanstage and busy beforehand.

##########################################################

To make it easier, can we have a list below of everyone who can help at table.

1. Lord Tice
    2. TimB
  17. Disciple-of-Tython Force Ghost

star 4
    Could I be leaflet guy as i'm going with a friend who is not part of Fan Force and therefore it would be a bit mean leaving him on his own while I help at the table. :)
  18. Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod

star 6
    1. Lord Tice
    2. TimB
    3. Erwin (Grand_Admiral_Grant)

Perhaps like at C4, we can make a phone list of everybody, so in case we are understaffed at the table, we can try to get somebody else back to help out quickly.
  19. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    A phone list is a good idea for that reason, but I am not sure I'd be happy to pull people from what they are doing away from the table especially since everyone has paid to get in (and it's a hefty price) - it's about balancing the need of the table over right of people to want to go off and not be disturbed.

I do have a lot of the people's moby numbers now btw, partly due to me doing the meet/greet. I have all the FF-UK people.

Dan - think so, but that should be down to Tice, main reason I am not sure if we are having people walking round giving out leaflets.
  20. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    That would be Great, Erwin! :D
    Welcome to our team! [:D]

Team: Erwin, Flo and Sabine
    Preferred shift: Friday from 1:00pm to 3:15pm
    (or as another possibility: Friday and Satureday each from 1:00pm to 2:00pm)

Doesn't Matt have a list of all table-helpers? :confused:

1. Lord Tice
    2. TimB
    4. Flo (MacCaffrey)
    5. Sabine (Skiara)

Edit: I think a telefon list would be a good idea as well. Not to pull someone away if they don't want to, but reach anyone to get help if it's really needed. Sometimes people are just running around and have some time left. Then it would fit perfectly. :)

But if we don't do a telefon list, it might be an idea to ask everyone to visit / to take a look at the table, when they have some minutes left. That might help as well. :)
  21. Disciple-of-Tython Force Ghost

star 4
  22. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Not sure if he does, we have the above posting of people saying yes (and I know a lot of people haven't posted - I'll go round FF-UK later to ask for chapters to help), but I am multitasking right now, so may be easier to have people join the list on here now.
  23. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    That's true as well. Plus it might be good if the other people know who wants to help as well. :)

My edit of the post above (you're just too fast :p):
    I think a telefon list would be a good idea as well. Not to pull someone away if they don't want to, but reach anyone to get help if it's really needed. Sometimes people are just running around and have some time left. Then it would fit perfectly.

But if we don't do a telefon list, it might be an idea to ask everyone to visit / to take a look at the table, when they have some minutes left. That might help as well.
  24. Disciple-of-Tython Force Ghost

star 4
    1. Lord Tice
    2. TimB
    4. Flo (MacCaffrey)
    5. Sabine (Skiara)
    6. Dan hopefully leaflet guy (DISCIPLE-OF-TYTHON)
  25. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    1. Lord Tice
    2. TimB
    4. Flo (MacCaffrey)
    5. Sabine (Skiara)
    6. Cozmic (ForceGhostOfCozmic)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.