main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW The FanForce Moving Social Thread! Welcome to New South Wales all you FanForcers!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheBoogieMan, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Since we had question on the last page...

Why the reinstallation of KOTOR 2?
    Have you beaten KOTOR 1?
    Senny. TwiLek. I wonder what I should call you?
    o_O
    I hope you overcome your cold! ( <- okay, not a question, I know)

:p

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Because I was really really bored Sunday and KotOR2 is the only game I have that I only played once. (I had just finished Republic Commando and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory again, not to mention the games I played through the two weeks before that)

Yes, I think I played through KotOR1 three times.

Call me anything but "TwiLek" or "TJ". Although TwiLek is better than "TJ".

You could have just said "I hope you overcome your cold, you know?" :p
    Thank you. I hope so, too. I have a Logic exam to write on Friday.

3. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Shiny. Ever played Battlefront II?

Jazzy. I only beat it once.

Anything but? So, shall it be Senny or Mr. Glowy.... [face_thinking] :p

You're flexing your language skills already, aren't you? Turning sentences into questions.... [face_laugh]
    I do hope you get better though. Colds and Logic don't go hand in hand in my books. ;) :p

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh no, Senny goofed grammer?!? :p

When do you move, Dajuan? And to which place?
    I move at the begining of March, I'm packing now because if I don't it'll never get done. I've a lot of sewing stuff, books, toys, and video games to keep track of :p My fiance and I are just moving into the city together, we finally bought a place :) So it's just a growing up sort of move rather than a major location change.

5. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    To answer Dajuan, no, sadly, I don't remember any of it. I've had several friends for the past 10 or so years go to Germany and it makes me highly jealous.

To answer skiara, I don't know where the pics were taken, but I'll try and dig them up or ask my folks about them.

6. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    The KOTOR series rocks.

BATTLEFRONT 2 felt too much like an addon for me, rather than a full game.
    I will never forgive them that they changed the Geonosis map, and theat they deleted all Air Units from Land battles... [face_frustrated]

7. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Interesting, Senny... May I examine your symptoms further? ;)

8. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    Flo, you'd probably be bored by my symptoms. It's not much [face_peace]

Yes, I played Battlefront 2. Found the campaign very frustrating, but galactic conquest was fun. More fun than running back and forth in KotOR all the time. I don't really like RPGs. KotOR is to games what Quinlan Vos is to EU characters - maybe nice for what they're doing but WAY overhyped. [face_talk_hand] And instead of having Vos survive Order 66, LFL should have let the end of KotOR2 survive the scheduling order.

Luckily, Empire at War didn't receive much hype, so I'm confident I'll love it :cool:

9. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Is it bad that the last star wars game I played was Rebel Assault II? ... oh, wait, I also looked at the lego game demo, but didn't have enough diskspace on my laptop. Sigh. *feels out of place, a bit, so goes to bed*

10. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Rebel Assault II? Fantastic game!

Well, it looks like this thread is doing very nicely here in GSFF! I'm so proud of it. :D I think it deserves to have a decent stay here, then.

It's hilarious. I must admit I occasionally lurk here, as I know many of you guys, and use a translator to see what is being said. For the purposes of lurking it's okay, but otherwise, I wouldn't want to use it.

Actually, I want to go to Germany, but I've already been twice. First time I went to Koln, about 6 years ago, and then I went in the middle of last year to Berlin. It wasn't really a tourist city, though.

Oh, and Senny, you are wrong about KOTOR. It is quite possibly the best game ever created. Ever.

11. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Neverwinter Nights... pwns... KOTOR... completely.

Apparently, to someone I know, KOTOR2 is much better than KOTOR1. Except for the ending, of course. ;) I've only beaten KOTOR1 though, as I got about halfway through KOTOR2 before I was distracted... by other things....

I, too, hope Empire At War is excellent. Being a massive fan of Age of Mythology, I was disappointed with AoEIII?and so hope that the next RTS game can at least be good!

The Lego Star Wars game is seriously super good. [face_laugh] I loved it, beat the whole thing with a friend in co-op mode!

12. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    KOTOR II and KOTOR I in my book are equal. KOTOR II had the possibility of being better, but the ending kind of stuffed it up. I don't think KOTOR I will ever be beaten in terms of storyline. It was just incredible. But KOTOR II had some fantastic philosophy that the EU and the films haven't ever touched on.

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I keep getting stuck and thus bored in KOTOR I, and haven't tried II yet. After the whole incompletion controversy I don't know that I'll ever get to it.

14. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I liked KotOR II better than the first one, too. Sure, it was rushed, but I still liked it better - perhaps because of the characters, not sure about that.

That said, NWN was one of the few games I never finished because I became bored (or rather, was bored from straight after character generation): Generic setting, generic story, generic characters... I made it to the middle of chapter 2 and then lost interest. People who actually played through it told me to grit my teeth and continue because NWN would become much better after chapter 3, but I just couldn't do it.
    The last CRPG I played (unless you count my current replaying of Elder Scrolls: Arena) was Jade Empire, and I really, really liked it.

15. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    *g* I can imagine it if I just take a single look at my stuff. I wouldn't even know where to begin. :p

I hope you get everything done in time and that the chaos of moving and unpacking won't be to big. Good luck. [face_good_luck]

Would be great. :)

And about the games... I can't say anything about them, because my computer isn't fast enough for them (and I doubt that there's enough space either), so I can't play them. :(

16. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001

I'm playing it now, I'm only about 5 hours in, though. Question: Should I do the dead forest section before or after opening the dam in Tien's landing?

And Dajuan, you really should put in the effort and finish KOTOR I. I consider it essential Star Wars gaming. I wouldn't bother with II if you didn't like I, but you need to finish I if you like it or not.

17. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Boogie, which two party members did/do you regularly use in KOTOR I? [face_thinking]

Sgt, one of the best things about NWN is the character creation, believe it or not. There are so many variations possible, it makes it brilliant in that aspect. The storyline, yes, is nothing special, but overall I love the actual game. The Underdark expansion module is actually better than the official compaign in my opinion, and there are some good fan modules you can download as well. :)

18. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Suddenly I definetly feel like the only one not playing any electronic games after my first gameboy, I think it simply got too complicated for me after that. ;)

19. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    I remember Rebel Assault 2. I think it was actually the first SW game I played (I never owned it, my uncle let me borrow his copy). Coolest FanFilm ever if it wasn't for all the clicking you had to do :p

and the most fun character creation is that of City of Heroes :D At least for looks :cool:

20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Do you still have your gameboy? :D I still have the original block of grey, green a yellowy screen and all. ;)

[face_dancing]

21. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    @TheBoogieMan: I played through Jade Empire with three different characters, and I think I always did the dam opening (or closing) part before I ventured out into the forest. Actually I don't think the order of these events is relevant to the quests. What does make a difference is your decision regarding the dam controls, of course.
    Which character are you playing as? I played as Jen Zi (Open Palm), Tiger Shen (Open Palm) and Scholar Ling (Closed Fist).

@Tyi-Maet_Nefer: That's why I said I stopped some time after character generation. I liked that, especially the optical customizing... but then it went steep downhill for me. I had expected something along the lines of Planescape: Torment and thus was severely disappointed with the game. I've never been a great fan of the Baldur's Gate games, either, so at first I was astonished I actually loved Jade Empire despite its Bioware heritage. Perhaps it's the Forgotten Realms setting I find especially boring; for me, FR was the most generic and least appealing of the old (A)D&D backdrops.

As for fan modules... weeeeell. That's an argument I hear quite often, but personally, I want to enjoy a game straight out of the box, with no modding and tinkering. I played NWN online with friends for a while, but somehow I never really got into it. The part of NWN I really loved was armor generation, but it wasn't what I had bought the game for - an in-game paper doll may be nice to have, but I'm not going to spend 40+ ? for it.

Oh right, I still have my gameboy, too. I also kept my SNES and Genesis, and the newer consoles, of course. The only console I ever gave away was my Atari 2600, but I visit it from time to time, and it's still alive and kicking...

22. Rogan_Agar

Dec 1, 2004
    Ah yes... the GameBoy. I still have mine from, one of the first series. I got in in 1990.

KOTOR is not overhyped, but I would say that the games are next level to the films. The KOTOR games established how the Old Republic looked like 4000 B.Y.
    And Revan is kind of iconic character like Darth Vader in the saga period.

23. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    "I would say that the games are next level to the films"

That's overhyping right there, but whatever

24. Rogan_Agar

Dec 1, 2004
    Where??? :D ;)

25. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    I remember playing Rebel Assault I & II... Very cool... But X-Wing-Series and Tie-Fighter-Series really rocked. The Trench was awesome. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.