Resource The Fanon Thread | Updates and FANON HORROR CHALLENGE announced 9/26! Also brief poll on challenges.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FanonSock, Nov 11, 2014.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 6
    I prefer shorter chapters before long-ish one-shots. As seen by my fics :p
    Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  2. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 6
    Chyntuck likes this.
  3. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 6
    @Anedon I was thinking of using one of the planets in your Teris sector,* can you give me a bit more information about Darvin, Learan and/or Asterian so I can decide which one to use? Stuff like architecture, culture, technology, infrastructure and/or animal Life if you have any.

* http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-fanon-thread-updates-and-fanon-horror-challenge-announced-9-26-also-brief-poll-on-challenges.50024318/page-29#post-54135062

Alos, a suggestion for your post about the Teris sector, maybe you should have some kind of marker between the planets and when you begin talking about Religion
    Last edited by Gamiel, Oct 7, 2017
    Anedon likes this.
  4. Anedon Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks @Gamiel
    I've now underlined the different topics to distinguish them from the planets.
    Gamiel likes this.
  5. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 6
  6. Anedon Jedi Master

star 4
    @Gamiel Oh not many actually. The Athenar are very concerned with keeping a planets eco system intact and as we see on our own planet brining in new species into the habitats of others can cause severe problems to the eco system.
    They are called Invasie Species and the Athenar are aware of this problem. So they usually use their technonlogy to adapt to the worlds they inhabit instead of changing the worlds to fit their needs.
    Also given that most of the original colonists in the Teris sector are influenced by the Athenar I guess most of them won't do it either.Though maybe some of the less spiritual colonists might have brought in some species from other planets.
    Last edited by Anedon, Oct 11, 2017
    Gamiel likes this.
  7. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks, do you have any suggestions on stuff I should be thinking of when creating a planets in your Teris sector?

I was planing to use older Swedish culture with Viking culture as inspiration for the culture with Scandinavia as inspiration for the enviorment.
  8. Anedon Jedi Master

star 4
    Hm, one thing that you should keep in mind is the naming theme in the Teris sector.
    Where I kinda went with Celtic/old English like for example Gaven. And for the culture as well.

Though in general I would say, the Terians are mostly humans, realtive egalitarian(though they hate slaver races like the Hutts), spiritual, pragmatic, Athenar influence, independent, a place where criminals and dark Jedi might flee to. Guess these are the central themes of the sector.
    As for the geography I would say that varies from world to world. There are certainly some places that look like scanfinavia but you have a wide variety of different climates.

Also if you want you can send me your ideas and I give you my thoughts on them.
    Last edited by Anedon, Oct 11, 2017
    Findswoman and Gamiel like this.
  9. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks, @Anedon have you created any kind of universities/similar on Serian?
  10. Anedon Jedi Master

star 4
    Hm I guess there could a university there of some sorts but if so it would probably most frequented by the people of Serian itself and only a handfull other Terians.
    Gamiel likes this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade