main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The Fantastic Ian McDiarmid

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darthkarma, May 18, 2002.

1. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Someone needs to make a banner dedicated solely to Ian.

2. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I know, My resignation was almost too much for this Beloved thread... It has had a broken Heart ever since I stepped down.

Well, most of us are still drunk after the big party celebrating your resignation, that may explain some lack of activity. ;)

But, IAN WILL IT, A New Prophet will Arise!!!!

Good.... *added crappy ROTS electronics* GOOOOOOOOOOD....

LottDodd...we must try to seek out this new hero. And then screw his life up utterly, that sounds like fun.

Brings back memories to your spiritual leadership, DamonD. We certainly had some fun. [face_devil] Probably one of the most amusing episodes in the FIGS history. :p

I might teach him the evil tradion of this holy battle thread, who else than a German could do that.

Excellent. I knew you were of some use to us. [face_devil] ;)

And what happened to that accursed mountebank Darth China?

*takes a dictionary*

Thanks for learning me a new word. :p Well, don't worry, I'm still here... [face_devil]

He's Probably Busy Making Cheese... or whatever passes for Leisure Time in Belgium....
    Pah, I say. Manufacture of dairy-based consumables are no subtitute for the God.
    He should be here giving praise and beating the dust off the holy curtains, not pondering which wedge of nutty blue roquefort he should cram in his cake hole.

I was busy converting people to the FIGS side. I still have blood on my hands after killing all those heretics. You know how hard it is to remove those blood stains???? It took me weeks!

Don't they make chocolate instead of cheese in Belgium

We make everything in Belgium. [face_devil]

Waffles.... Definately Waffles...

He should be filling those delicious little squares with the POWER OF IAN instead of Whipped Cream, Strawberries, and/or Maple Syrup!!!

I often offer some delicious waffles filled with acid to the heretics... they seem to enjoy them well. *cackles* ;)

I love lamp! I love desk! I love carpet! I love Ian McDiarmid!

Probably the best thing ever said in this thread!! ;) :p

The Almighty Ian would be interior-decoration-related praise.

He surely would, he surely would. :)

D_C, aren't you supposed to be cleaning the toilets?

Aren't you supposed to do High Priestess related things or something like that??? [face_thinking]

Wait a minute, you're still the FIGS High Priestess after all these years??? :eek: What did you do to maintain that position??? :p

BTW, the toilets are cleaned and smell fresh, God would be pleased! :D

And yes, I am outraged.

So am I. Happy now? ;)

Someone needs to make a banner dedicated solely to Ian.

But what FIGSer would have the courage to create such a radical banner? :p

I was a pretty good bannermaker in the past, but it has been years since I created some. I wish I had made an Ian banner when I was at the top of banner making (the CT villains banner still makes me proud).

I recently discovered some old FIGS/Ian related banners I made years ago:
    http://www.geocities.com/darth_china/IanMcDiarmid.html
    (Ian McDiarmid birthday banner for his 57th birthday -- I guess that was a banner for his second birthday, you know, since he had two birthday's some years ago [face_laugh])

http://www.geocities.com/darth_china/FIGSbanner.html
    (while it was a very easy banner to make... it still looks intimidating... kinda had a German touch to it... Hans_Olo should be proud of that [face_devil])

Hmmm... perhaps I should return to the banner world with one last banner devoted to Ian McDiarmid/Palpatine... I might consider it. [face_thinking]

*** FIGS. Ian. McDiarmid. God. ***

3. Ariadne

Ariadne Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    I do seem to be. After all, I brought to the post a touch of charm and class that was entirely lacking elsewhere in the Temple :p

It seems to me that the time is indeed ripe for a new Godly banner. Go for it, D_C. Get fiddling with computery things, or whatever it is that you people do to make the pretty pictures at the top of the page. And I still love the birthday banner. Amazing eyebrows [face_love]

I am also all for finding some patsy and elevating... um, yes... A hero. We should have a prophet, or a messiah or two. It's expected. How can we expect to be taken seriously otherwise?

FIGS: It's all about the love.

4. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Congratulatons with the toilets, Darth China. Though I am displeased you beat me to the "radical banner" line.

Well, since you're all still hanging around, uh, gracing the Holy FIGS Temple to Ian with your presence, let's get organised!

Firstly, and I don't mean to nag but I have mentioned this, the place is in a very dusty and disheveled state. I therefore propose these mission statements to FIGS. You can discuss these, and refuse to do them of course, in which case you will be immediately electrocuted.

1). Dust off the curtains
    2). Do the hoovering
    3). Replace all stained and/or torn cushions and banners
    4). Find where on earth you put the statue of the Almighty Ian
    5). Replace and polish the statue of the Almighty Ian
    6). Wash and clean up the plates
    7). Conquer the universe

To kick things off, I'll get the hoover out.

5. Ariadne

Apr 29, 2003
    Ugh. Housework, even if it is in the name of Ian, is still housework. I'm not washing up, but I guess I don't mind doing some dusting. I bet there are a fair few long-lost FIGSers, superweapons and convoluted schemes lurking under the dust-bunnies in the corners.

*flicks duster around and sneezes*

Has anyone fed Palpigeon, Kami and Octomaul in, like, years? It would be a shame to come across a small cat or pigeon skeleton amongst the mouldering bones of the heretics in the dungeon (I propose we keep those, grubby or not, they look damn cool) or somewhere in a wall cavity.

FIGS: Give joyous praise unto Ian McDiarmid, for He is your God, and He loves you.

6. Hans-Olo

Hans-Olo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 12, 2003
    I'll do the hoovering [face_devil]:
    [image=http://anggun3.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/hovercraft.jpg]

FIGS: Do not mess with the mess!

7. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    Once the banner issues are straightened out, Ian shall rule the forum once more!

8. TerranOvermind

TerranOvermind Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2004
    Mmm...essence of burning FIGS heretics...

...riiise!

[face_devil]

9. DARTH_CHINA

Dec 31, 2001
    I do seem to be. After all, I brought to the post a touch of charm and class that was entirely lacking elsewhere in the Temple.

Hmm, isn't it because you are the only woman left over here? :p :p

And I still love the birthday banner. Amazing eyebrows.

Yeah, his eyebrows are great. They add so much to his fantastic acting!! [face_love]

Congratulatons with the toilets, Darth China. Though I am displeased you beat me to the "radical banner" line.

Thank you very much! :D You should've known that I'd beat you with the "radical banner" line, it's always been my fav. Palpatine line.

Firstly, and I don't mean to nag but I have mentioned this, the place is in a very dusty and disheveled state. I therefore propose these mission statements to FIGS. You can discuss these, and refuse to do them of course, in which case you will be immediately electrocuted.

I'll dust off the curtains then! ;)

Find where on earth you put the statue of the Almighty Ian

Isn't it that tiny statue beneath the giant statue of LottDodd?? :confused:

Has anyone fed Palpigeon, Kami and Octomaul in, like, years?

Nobody dared to feed them anymore. They've been out of control for ages... :eek:

FIGS: Do not mess with the mess!

Nice quote!! I like it very much! :)

Once the banner issues are straightened out, Ian shall rule the forum once more!

I've begun working on a banner, I shall take my time to make something nice. :)

Can it have an Ian McDiarmid picture on it, or are we limited to PT Palpatine pictures only?

It'd certainly like to mention his name on the banner. And in that Stars Wars font, what is it called - Arabesk or something?- I shall write FIGS related things... [face_devil]

Mmm...essence of burning FIGS heretics...

Nothing better than that! ;)

*** FIGS: Ian McDiarmid is your God! ***

10. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    My statue is bigger than IAN'S, only so I can praise HIM more... er, largely....

FIGS: Statues are Cool

11. Ariadne

Apr 29, 2003
    Yes, yes. We all know that secretly, in your slimy and green little Nemoidian heart, you just like looking down on The God.

FIGS: Now with extra dance numbers.

12. Darth_Fisto

Darth_Fisto Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Hey all,

It's good to see everyone is still busy. It has been a long time, so much evil to do so little time. Soon we shall have peace.

13. Ariadne

Apr 29, 2003
    Duuude... Long time no see.

I hope your faith has remained pure.

FIGS: Rock on.

14. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    So...what Ian banner do you desire, oh FIGS?

15. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    Just watched Ian in Diry Rotten Scoundrels -
    2 exceptionally cool lines: Welcome to hell and Just shut up
    delivered impeccably as Arthur the man servant. So glad he received the Broadway Tony for his stage work as it's obvious in Hollywood, only George and the Star Wars peeps appreciate his talent.

16. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    You have left me no choice, FIGS...I must choose the next banner by myself.

17. Ariadne

Apr 29, 2003
    You have chosen well, Dark_Jedi_Kenobi. The God will be pleased. For too long have lesser characters like Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker paraded across the top of the page, stealing the glory that is rightfully Ian's. Now is the time of FIGS! Now is the time of Ian McDiarmid!

Mwah-ha-ha-haaaa! *wheeze*

That's the best line in the movie, too. Excellent banner :D

FIGS: Gosh.

18. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Ahh, a truly Godly banner for this forum. All are blessed by His Furrowed Brow.

Palpigeon, Kami and Octomaul could be a problem. They may be rather feral and, indeed, rather large by now. Nevertheless, since you're all doing such a wonderful job at tidying up and I don't feel like doing the dishes, I shall set off through the Holy Halls and try to track them down.

You're all welcome to join me, of course.

19. DARTH_CHINA

Dec 31, 2001
    My statue is bigger than IAN'S, only so I can praise HIM more... er, largely....

Sure... o_O This could be seen as heresy of the highest order!!! [face_mischief]

Hey all,

It's good to see everyone is still busy. It has been a long time, so much evil to do so little time. Soon we shall have peace.

Hey, Fisto!! Nice to see you again. :) As you can see, this placed hasn't changed that much! [face_devil] ;)

Just watched Ian in Diry Rotten Scoundrels -
    2 exceptionally cool lines: Welcome to hell and Just shut up

These were great lines, they way He delivered them is so... divine! [face_love]

You have left me no choice, FIGS...I must choose the next banner by myself.

You chose wisely! One of the best lines of the whole saga! =D=

For too long have lesser characters like Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker paraded across the top of the page, stealing the glory that is rightfully Ian's. Now is the time of FIGS! Now is the time of Ian McDiarmid!

Indeed, and beautiful times it shall be. Of course, since we all love democracy, we'll give the people a choice: join us or die. :)

Palpigeon, Kami and Octomaul could be a problem. They may be rather feral and, indeed, rather large by now. Nevertheless, since you're all doing such a wonderful job at tidying up and I don't feel like doing the dishes, I shall set off through the Holy Halls and try to track them down.

You're all welcome to join me, of course.

[face_worried] You go first!

*runs to my office/toilets*

Oh, BTW, I deleted my God banner that was in the making, it just wasn't good enough. :( But I've come across a new background for the banner that's much better. This time, it might work. :)

*** FIGS: Nice and sweet pets for sale! ***

20. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    So I've seen The Clone Wars....

Twice Now.

And it wasn't as bad as I expected. All the reviews and negative reactions had put me in the doldrums before it even started. I think it is an amazing Saturday Morning Cartoon... but not quite worthy of being a feature film. The Lucas would have been better off just waiting for the series to premier, then everyone (well the everyone who matters) would have loved it. In three half hour chunks on the small screen, there would be nothing like it before. Now however it feels like an exceptionally smart 2nd grader forced to skip a couple grades so that he is an exceptionally mediocre 5th grader... and the smallest one to boot.

I can deal with stinky baby hutts.... makes sense.

I can deal with "crossdressing" Capote-the-Hutt.... The Decadence of Courascant.

I cannot, however, abide AMBERCROMBIE... it pains me just to spell it.

This new Blasphemous Incarnation of Palpatine is the most egregious sin in the movie. He is just plain dull. I don't know if it is to Ambercrombies credit or detriment that he doesn't even attempt to mimic IAN'S GLORIOUS VOICE.

I know why this movie opened in third and has a 16% tomatorating: Lack of the ONE TRUE IAN. Had HE but uttered a few lines into the microphone, HE could have turned "The Clone Wars" into the "Citizen Caine" of Cartoon TV Show Pilots Masquerading as Legitimate Feature Films.

Perhaps IAN smelled a turkey ahead of time and refused to cheapin himself. But with one crocodile tear platitude to Yoda, or one ego stroking manipulation of Dooku... MCDIARMID could have single handedly saved Star Wars.

I'm still holding out for a "Sweeps Week" Cameo in the Live Action Series.

Till then I will cry myself to sleep and patiently plot my revenge.

FIGS: Forever Worshiping the ONE TRUE IAN... HE will "Riiiise" again!

21. Darth_Fisto

Darth_Fisto Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Hey,

Yeah I saw Clone Wars and didn't think much of it and can see why The Great One would not lower himself to such standards. It's ok as a TV show, but that is all.

22. Ariadne

Apr 29, 2003
    Second page? What heresy is this? Rise, my thread.

I didn't think much of the Clone Wars. It was fun, but it really didn't feel like Star Wars to me. And, of course, it lacked a certain... something. Or someone, anyway. The padawan was really rather irritating, too. A little full of herself, although that could be why she was sent along in the first place. A little taste of one's own medicine? Meh.

In other news, an image of The God in His holiest incarnation, the Emperor, appeared to me a few days ago on a common grapefruit. The blessed fruit now resides in a sacred shrine, awaiting the pilgrimmage of the adoring masses (so far; myself, two cats, my pet rat and my brother - although I think he was just being nosey). Photographic proof of this divine miracle will be provided as soon as I fix my mobile phone (my laptop suddenly won't recognise it - I knew I shouldn't have let it update its driver software and other randomness - damnation).

If Ian can make His likeness appear in a mere grapefruit, then what other Godly powers must He be able to summon at will, aside from the lightning? After witnessing the powers of The God firsthand, I have to say that the Universe doesn't stand a chance.

FIGS: Halt skipping!

23. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    IAN'S GRAPEFRUIT LIKENESS has long been foretold. (Didn't hear of it before...? I'm not suprised, It's not a tale the Jedi Council Forums would tell you.)

It's lack of recognition by your laptop is likely caused by the same blobs of infinite darkside power that IAN Summons near HIS EYES in ROTJ. They have been known to reek havoc with image taking before.

FIGS: Even Fruitier than before!

24. Ariadne

Apr 29, 2003
    Ah, of course, the Dark Side Slugs. It's obvious now, one of the little blighters must have snuck in to my phone while I wasn't looking. Perhaps an exorcism is in order.

FIGS: May contain nuts.

25. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    My biggest problem with spinoffs of the films is the lack of voice talent from the original film cast. Not only in Ian's case, but Hayden, Ewan, etc. as well.