main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Fast & The Furious (Fast X)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Oct 4, 2011.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, I'd argue Furious 7 is an ending to Brian's story but the ensemble and world they've built is so damn big that they can swap out even a major player like Brian and keep it going. He has his happy ending, yay! But the war continues for Dom just... I dunno. Cuz.

2. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    exactly. I love the crew and would have loved to see it continue on if not for the tragedy of Paul's death. I obviously can't judge 8 when we don't even have a storyline yet, but I just think they should stop with 7.

I thought the CGI was pretty good, though he did look a bit sparkly and not quite right in a few scenes, but not bad enough to take me out of the experience.

3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    well the stunts aren't really stunts anymore when it's cgi . it's amazing what fans of the series will forgive. i brought it up on another forum when the film came out and the people acted like 'it's just a movie ! who cares !' like when it's in the real world but not remotely believable i don't know how that's entertaining anymore.

Diesel said they're going to NY and the original article on street racing that inspired the first film was in NY, which seems odd to me. i don't know how you street race in NY, especially compare to L.A which is probably the easiest place to drive fast.

4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the FF franchise threw believably out the window about 3 movies ago and I basically view them as superhero movies in cars. Their superpower? Family.

Jedi Ben and Juliet316 like this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Bourne 3 managed to do a NYC car chase somewhat believably but, yeah, street racing might be trickier. But if you race late enough, the streets are plausibly empty enough- not getting lost caught when there are cops everywhere is another story, though.

6. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    well believable isn't really an issue. after all in the last one there was no one in downtown l.a. not even the cops.:rolleyes:

IamZam likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Universal has announced the dates for the (presumably) final films, emphasizing Fast 10 releasing 20 years after the original film:

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I would have never of thought this street car racer flick ever getting to 10 films, much less 4.

When I first saw the original Fast and Furious film, I just thought it was just another one of the films that is capitalizing on pop culture much like Breakin did in the 80s. Ya know, harmless popcorn flick that would have a small fan base. However, this franchise has exploded into an Avengers type level of a movie.

Hopefully by the 10th film they'll be either on the moon or on Mars. Or even cross over with Mad Max :p

ChefCurryWindu, BigAl6ft6 and IamZam like this.
  9. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    Between 4 and 5 is when it went from popcorn car movie, to all out blockbuster type movie.

However sadly, I don't think 7 would have done as well as it did, if not for the tragedy. I'm sure it would have still done well, like 5 and 6 did. But not AS well as it did.

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i just clicked on this thread for the first time ever, read the first reply, and died.

DarthTunick likes this.
  11. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    yeah 4 was the closest to 1. i like those two the best. the end of 5 started the trend towards unrealistic. walker even talked about it in an Motor Trend interview that he was bothering the director talking about some of the stuff was too far out. i agree the last one wouldn't have done was well without his death. it's the only one i went to in the theater.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    ChefCurryWindu and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  14. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Does that mean the name of the film should be "The Fast and the Furiosa?" :p (her character's name from Max Max: Fury Road).

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ‘Fast & Furious 8’: First Look at Charlize Theron’s Villain

16. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I noticed its the Metal Up Your *** shirt which was the orginal title of Kill Them All.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I know what shirt I'm wearing when I see this.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  18. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    She's hot that works. :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Paint her blue, give her contacts, a dark blue wig & we have a good looking Chiss in an Anthology movie!

PCCViking likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Cast photo;

[​IMG]

DarthTunick likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I would ask why The Rock is the only one flexing in that photo but there doesn't particularly need to be a reason. He's also filming Baywatch (may be finished but I doubt it) so I think Hobbs won't be in the flick all that much this time either. Hopefully they don't put him in a hospital again for the majority of the movie just cuz. However, it could be really funny if they just flat out did that again.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think they've specified his role will not be reduced like it was last time.

23. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I still think that Fast 8's title should be based on Charlize Theron's role from Mad Max: The Fast and the Furiosa. :p

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    She's Paul Walker reincarnated by shaman-turned Jason Statham.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000