main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Fast & The Furious (Fast X)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Oct 4, 2011.

1. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Jesus Christ. Enough is enough.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I wonder what they will do next.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    They still haven't went to China yet.

rumsmuggler and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yeah, they can drag the Great Wall home to their backyard and have barbecues on it every weekend.

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Waiting for Dom to put a jet or rocket engine into a car and make a flying car. Then he can eventually colonize Furya.

Jedi Knight Fett and Sarge like this.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Does everyone remember the urban legend about the guy who put a JATO rocket in his car? We need to see that.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I'm sure this was all some evil plan to get the evil guy out of jail, so he can be the bad guy again for the next movie.

8. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
  9. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Just when you thought this franchise couldn't get any more over the top, it goes over the top of the top. It's like if Carrot Top said "Hmm, you know what my act needs is more props.".

10. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i can already see the trailer for the next one.
    "Hobbs, we need you to go to the moon. Something funny is going on there."
    Hobbs turns to the camera...
    "Toretto !"

:rolleyes:

Jedi Ben and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This

12. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    So, Eight Is Enough? :D

13. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    They'll never stop as long as the films are making a billion dollars. When they finally do get to outer space I expect someone to say, "I'm getting to old for this ****."

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

And then the police chief tells the maverick cop, "You're off the case!" and the cop yells back, "I quit! Here's my badge!" and throws it on the desk and stalks out. Someday we'll get to see a scene like that, and you'll all thank me for it.

Rylo Ken, Jedi Ben and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They're supposedly intending to end with Fast 10.

Get ready to FasTEN your seat belts!

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    They need you running that marketing campaign. :p

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll only do it on the condition that the actual title of the film is Wocky's "Fast and the Fur10us".

EHT likes this.
  18. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    And the tenth film is set to be released around the time of the 20th anniversary of the original.

Even the Friday the 13th series can't claim that!

19. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    7. 7 is a nice number, my favorite.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I honestly hope Evil Dom is, like, a clone or robot duplicate or reptilian replicant something insane like that. The series could totally get away with it.

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  21. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  22. DemonKingBalor32

DemonKingBalor32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2017

oh ffs. just let it die. i havent seen f8 but man how much more can they milk this thing? i like rock and statham but c'mon

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They've been trying to do a spin-off for The Rock's character since Fast Five, so this isn't surprising.

Anyways, I caught Fate this evening (was at Celebration last weekend so couldn't catch it opening weekend). It's entertaining but obviously over the top at times, yet it manages to balance out the extensive (and extended) cast well. Though, as one might expect, the trailers gave way waaay too much of the action (though they did keep a lot of the character stuff back, thankfully).

And if they ever were to make a real Transformers movie, the NYC is something you could almost expect to see in one, with it pushing more sci-fi/futurist elements (ala Terminator 3).

Oh, and the final "Family" count? Nine.

DarthTunick likes this.
  24. DemonKingBalor32

DemonKingBalor32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2017

i read a week ago there was talk of taking the fast franchise to space.... i cant even begin how that would work realisticly. as for terminator there pushing more. i just think enough is enough honestly. it isnt like walking dead where theres a issue coming out monthly or like star wars where it's universe is insanely huge and theres always new reading material out new canon or non new canon.

as for transformers this is supposedly bays last one but he mentioned in some interview he has 14 more films in mind. im like jeezus give it a break. i never got past film 2 and i have no desire to see the last two

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Evil Dom didn't turn out to be a clone or a robot, which was a shame because it would have been awesome. His reasons for his "dark" turn are understandable but it just kinda makes him whiny. I did get more out of the other actors (Charlize Theron, Statham who has an amazing scequence with a tiny co-star, and The Rock and Hellen Miren for all of 3 minutes) and the action is suitably nuts, however, the spectacle in the series has gotten so larger that subsequent installments can't top it, they can only horizontally match it. Which this one did. One of the weaker entries in the series, Fast Six remains my favourite so far, but has as big craziness as one would expect. It's done rather respectably in North America (already crossed 200 million and may get 30 more or so) and overseas it's insannnneeeeeee at 955 million. It's like over 80% from overseas. That's even more than most blockbusters which seem to get about 60% overseas. The world may officially love the Furious franchise more than North America. But over here audiences don't hate it at all and it does rather nicely.