main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Fate of the Inquisitors

Discussion in 'Literature' started by StarWarsFan91, Mar 16, 2017.

1. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Maybe they were demoted to Imperial red guards. We never see those fight

2. robotical712

robotical712 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 13, 2017

Their standing orders are to either make any found Force sensitives serve the Empire or kill them.

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Yeah, so it would seem the Inquisition is growing.

It just lost its leader.

Ithorians likes this.
  4. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016

Ahh, most certainly! I´m sure the Inquisitors had limited training... I don´t know to what extend, because I would imagine that lasting something like 18-20 years means that they were mostly successful in their objectives. If they were in constant failure it wouldn´t be such an issue that an Inquisitor reported it to Vader (the GI preferred death to the punishment for failure, so I assume the active ones never failed).

I did search the full quote before posting earlier, so I find very interesting your idea of some other organization being those spies. However, with Mara Jade pretty much confirmed to remain out of canon (and therefore the Hands are apparently meant to be guys like Saxon, a political rank more than anything else) and with the fact that the Emperor is not enthusiastic about having too many Force sensitives around (which was the primary reason to limit the Inquisitors´ training to a certain degree), I just don´t see a second "army" of Force users that have pretty much the same goal of the Inquisitors, exactly as loyal, and get more training just because.

Since we have no evidence that the kids the Inquisitors searched were going to be trained, I´ll rather wait before assuming they are meant to be an army of teenagers running around the dark times being different than the Inquisitorius in anything but name. I get the feeling they are trying indeed to limit the dark side organizations that work within the Empire. Old EU had way too much of those, so I don´t think it´s a bad idea...

Darth Marcia likes this.
  5. robotical712

Mar 13, 2017

As I said in the original post, it's my theory based on various observations. The idea is, the 'army' would be young children raised and thoroughly indoctrinated to assure absolute loyalty, much like the First Order stormtrooper program and each would tend to receive more specialized training depending on their intended role.

Ithorians likes this.
  6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Honestly, I think there's a lot of assumptions here which are based on fanon impressions rather than actual truths. The idea the Inquisition is dying out, the idea the Inquisition's agents aren't very powerful, and the idea they are a stop-gap are all based around the idea they're not terribly impressive as enemies. The thing is, the three Inquisitors we've seen are only not terribly impressive to DARTH VADER and DARTH MAUL. I.e. they're not terribly impressive compared to Sith Lords. Ahsoka is also able to own them but she's been able to duel with General Grevious.

Call me crazy but I think Inquisitors are probably as powerful as Jedi Knights and the only reason the Grand Inquisitor is so much more powerful than the Brother and Sister is because he trained them.

They're, in TV tropes terms, Overshadowed by Awesome. Not in any way shape or form inferior to the Jedi and if they don't get Sith training, that's because Palpatine wants servants, not Dark Lords and the Dark Lords overshadow the Jedi far beyond anything you might ever normally encounter.

Daneira, KamNale, JediBatman and 3 others like this.
  7. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    I couldn´t agree more! I´ve said pretty much exactly what you are saying in the Inquisitors thread more than once. I hope the new Vader comic presents us with more information about them, like their recruitment, training, the way they are assigned to their objectives, inner relationships within the Inquisitorius, etc. Charles Soule said the Story Group had a lot of backstory figured out already, hopefully this comic will fill the blanks in the past while Rebels comes back to them in the present storyline...

Darth Marcia likes this.
  8. robotical712

Mar 13, 2017

From Ahsoka:

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  9. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    The reason Ahsoka can kick so much ass is because she is the Padawan of the Chosen One.

I can imagine hunting Jedi Masters would be difficult for Inquisitors but that isn't who they are hunting.

The Fifth Brother and the Seventh Sister challenged Kanan and Ezra all throughout the second season and it took Maul to help finish them off. Kanan and Ezra couldn't seem to do it on their own.

Sent from the Kessel Run in twelve parsecs

10. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Very interesting [face_thinking]. I guess the canon stance is Inquisitors are weak. Either that or Ahsoka's so OP that she's losing touch with the average Jedi's skill level.

robotical712 likes this.
  11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    "The others like him won't be facing Jedi."

Hm.

12. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Either that or said Inquisitor was just weak.

:)

13. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    If Ahsoka is OP for whipping a few Inquisitors, than Maul is around god threshold. At one point he was taking on three of them at once.

Myself, I like to imagine the Inquisitors are about the level of an experienced Jedi Knight, maybe even a master. That way it makes Ahsoka and Maul look pretty crazy impressive.

Though the one Ahsoka took on in the novel was pretty pathetic, we'll just say he was a newbie. After all, that encounter happened close to 20 years before the Inquisitor fights in Rebels.

Ithorians likes this.
  14. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Which would mean he's probably only begun his training.

Ithorians likes this.
  15. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010

Yeah, I imagine the extent of his training was pretty much being handed a lightsaber and shown he can use the Force. That guy's experience level was probably not far off from Luke's, between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. The later Inquisitors would be much more well trained (yet still quite a bit short of some of Our Heroes, who it should be noted, are pretty abnormally powerful themselves).

16. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Mind you, the Force comes from your connection to it as well as philosophy/religion.

I can't imagine the Inquisition "tradition" is anything more than warmed over Sith philosophy and Jedi techniques.

17. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    Ahsoka´s opinion doesn´t say much about the Inquisitorius as a whole. The Sixth Brother fought her in what, 18 BBY? he most certainly had less training than the other we have seen, and there is actually canon proof of this: Ahsoka says in the book that he died because he couldn´t fight with his face visor down: he needed to be able to see her clearly (the helmet could have protected him from the explosion that killed him). Fast forward to Rebels, and we have an Inquisitor whose face we never saw (Eighth Brother) because he fought with his helmet on all the time, and therefore didn´t share this issue.

Besides, the Sixth Brother looked bad against Ahsoka... sure. So did Grievous, at some point. He also single handedly dealt with an entire Rebel cell firing at him in a matter of seconds by just using the Force to deflect the fire back at the shooters; then he Force choked a poor guy, grabbing him up for several seconds before throwing his lightsaber at him and cutting him in half. Give him 10 years of training and he is most likely, as instantdead very well says, at experienced Jedi Knight level at least.

Darth Marcia, Vialco and instantdeath like this.
  18. rjrjr

rjrjr Jedi Master star 1

Aug 11, 2009
    Snoke looks quite a bit like the Grand Inquisitor. o_O

Maybe their ultimate fate hasn't been decided yet.

19. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010

Chopper=Snoke.

20. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    An Inquisior (or ex one) could work if we ever saw a live action series during the dark times/OT. If we did see more of criminal underworld, a former Inquisitor could be entering that world. Or instead the criminals cause damage to Imperials, leading to an Inquisitor being dispatched and seeing him work his magic against them. A way to still tie a series to the force/lightsaber without throwing in Vader or getting another order 66 survivor.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.