main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The fate of the post-Legacy galaxy

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SpecForce Trooper, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I'd rather the GA and empire unite into some sort of Triumvirate with the Jedi and Imperial knights holding for defense.

Let Marasiah be empress, and Stazi be the GA representative.

But the situation seemed unstable-trying to re-create the obviously failed Galactic Alliance experiment post Legacy is a recipe for more war.

2. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Who should Marasiah marry for an heir?

Rather, where should she look for a mate?

Or would you rather she adopt? or clone herself?

Or plan to rule forever a la Palpatine?

3. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Lemme backpedal a bit. How about the GA and Empire merging, and forming a true revival of the Old Republic. GA democracy, meets Imperial (Neo-Republican) aesthetics. No glorification of the Ruusan Reformations. Bring it back to the good ol' days.

4. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The romantic in me says she'd marry Cade(even though they are distant cousins), but there is probably a prince from Hapes available.

I don't think she'd be interesting in either cloning herself or ruling forever.

SpecForce Trooper-the Old Republic had its own problems.

5. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

She's in love with Antares Draco so it's likely she'd marry him and he'll be either Prince Consort or Emperor Consort.

6. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Draco is sworn to be loyal to his emperor/empress through and while she would love him and he would return it I don't think she'd put her personal wishes ahead of her duty.

7. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    He'd be Royal Protector, in the fashion of Corvo Attano.

Darth Invictus
    The Old Republic's democracy never worked that great, but I don't think it's too late.

AusStig and kalzeth like this.
  8. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    The story would be that of the half human/half twi'lek Skywalker being raised and trained by Darth Talon in secret. Cade learning of the now grown child's existence as Nihl causes trouble for the galaxy at large.

AusStig and DARTH_MU like this.
  9. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    It never worked well to begin with and was at heart a failed system from its founding-the divisions between the core and colonies, the problems of representation, of moral values-Kanz disorders, and the incessant struggles between Coruscant and Alsakan.

It was quite remarkable but it failed.

The Galaxy needs a better form of government post legacy.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    There will never be a perfect government. It's not the government that's at fault, it's human/sentient nature.

A galactic government ruled by superintelligent droids would be interesting.

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  11. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    A perfect government very much exists.
    [​IMG]
    Give em' a second chance. We can be like the Forerunners.

12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I'd say the perfect government isn't possible-I dunno I suppose an extremely powerful(like Luke Skywalker at his peak times 10,000) could will a near perfect government into existence.

You need either super computers, extremely powerful(and by that I mean God level) force users, enlightened beings(presumably) like the Celestials or something of that nature. Anything else will fall short and the consequences of any government's inadequacy on a galactic scale is lots and lots of death.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    So then why pick on democracy when it's the best they have?

14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Because it isn't-the Felpire has shown a better way forward.

AusStig likes this.
  15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    How is the Fel Empire better?

Before the coup, the Emperor/Empress didn't have a lot of power, even being overruled in matters of war.

After the coup, Roan Fel isn't really ruling much of anything, just leading in military strategy.

Near the end of the war, it wasn't a given that an Imperial Knight would be able to stand up to and defeat their mad Emperor before he committed an atrocity.

After the war, the Empress Marasiah Fel is in this weird power-sharing agreement.

Even if there were no One Sith, the Ossus Project wasn't sabotaged, and the Moffs voted to give Roan Fel absolute power... it's still a flawed man in charge. A human. Who could, even without going to the dark side, make some very unwise decisions.

srd5090 and Darth_Duck like this.
  16. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Old Republic > Fel Empire
    I love the Fel Empire, but the Old Republic's system was a lot less broken.

Vialco likes this.
  17. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I think if there's any attempt at a united pan-Galactic government it's doomed to fail. It might last a short while, some odd mix of the Fel Empire but with a restored GA Senate, but in the end it fails. I think an Imperial Senate would be implemented by Marasiah anyway, with the Moffs, if they even remain as an official rank, becoming nothing more than the equivalent of local state National Guard Generals.

Failure of pan-Galactic governance is because the Galaxy is just plain too huge to administrate. Any of the governments tried can work, if done at a local level with populations mostly supportive of the rulers that are pushing their government. I think there would be some kind of UN or EU type of pan-galactic system that would work better. A Council where the Fel Empire, GA, Hapes, Hutts, Bothans and others meet to discuss their issues. The Jedi would act as the 'Peacekeepers' of this 'Galactic Council' so to speak, restoring their old role while the Imperial Knights mostly function within Imperial borders.

Borders, I assume, would be Fel Empire controlling the Northern Outer Rim, the GA centered around the Slice, maybe getting Denon back as its capital. The Core Worlds would have loyalists to both sides. Corulag and Kuat would most likely go back to the Fel Empire while Chandrila goes to the GA. A lot of the Core Worlds would probably go independent, maybe form some sort of Trade League that goes on to dominate the Galaxy economically and culturally as the post-Rome Italian states did. Because of all this localized governance, the Outer Rim at least as far as its northern portions are concerned, would probably have a huge reduction in corruption. Same goes for the Mid-Rim under the GA's watch. Smaller territory means they can concentrate efforts into stabilizing these regions.

Remaining Sith, as we've seen, probably split up into a bunch of sects. They continue to harass the Galaxy and give the Jedi and Galactic UN/EU a bad guy to fight. Ironically I could see something like the First Order forming itself in opposition to the GA and Fels. Veed types that backed the Sith and don't want their power removed by Empress Marasiah. I could see them aligning with some of the remaining Sith.

I think Roan Fel fits as a Stannis more. Fights for his rightful throne but in the end loses his way. It'd be if Davos killed him before he burns Shireen. I mean hell, Maladi was practically a short-lived Melisandre. I'd have liked to see their dynamic if the Empire-in-exile had captured her earlier. Roan fights the Sith but has a Sith whispering in his ear. Aerys probably fits more as Krayt (and by extension to go with Roan = Stannis, Joffrey), a noble Jedi/Targaryen who eventually descends into madness. There's also the fact that Krayt's Sith name is literally based on the Krayt Dragon.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Darth Talon: "You know nothing, Cade Skywalker."

(It's not a perfect match - but Cade does go undercover to infiltrate the Sith, and she is kind of a red-head - only all-red).

19. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I think people in this thread seem to be overlooking that the Empire pretty much is dead as of the end of Legacy Vol. 1. I think the very first issue of Vol. 2 even has K'Kruhk and Marasiah essentially say as much. Marasiah is still called Empress and there are still star destroyers and stormtroopers but there doesn't seem to be any real Empire any more as a political entity.

There is also a Senate mentioned in an issue of volume 2, and since that does not seem to be an aspect of either Fel or Krayt's empire, seems pretty clear something that got re-established by the Federation. I personally feel like it would be suitable if the Senate being re-established was something that came from K'Kruhk, that would be a nice turnaround to have someone from the old Jedi Order be able to bring the Senate back. Also I don't really feel like either Marasiah or Stazi are all that interested in restoring any kind of supervisory body.

One thing I noticed re-reading vol. 2 earlier this year is that Antares Draco seemed to be an unofficial fourth member of the Triumvirate. He was fairly often shown sitting in on and taking part in their meetings. And he and Stazi would agree against Marasiah more often than not.

20. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    The status of the Empire and the other factions is left vague. There is never any confirmation on the matter. Sauk is quite aware of this.

AusStig likes this.
  21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I can't believe Marasiah would have integrated the the empire in exile into the GA so quickly but maybe she did.

22. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    It's all kept very vague, there's really no confirmation on anything other than the Galactic Triumvirate being some sort of provisional arrangement. Why it uses the old GA logo on Wookieepedia? I have no idea, I assume they showed some GA soldier and people assumed they use that logo when it would've just meant it was used by the GA side of the Triumvirate. I don't even remember the GA symbol being shown as a thing in Legacy #2. But if it was shown another interpretation is neither Krayt nor Roan Fel's brief 'galactic reign' before him had much time to assert itself. Locally GA imagery and logistics might still be around in the same way the GA bureaucracy was kept around because Krayt just didn't bother to change it.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  23. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Maybe a united government but the Imperial worlds get to rule the way they want? I just sort of assumed we can pretend the post-Legacy galaxy is happily ever after now that the Sith are gone.

The only real hanging threads are the fate of Luke, Leia, and Han. I spent this morning thinking up a "Legends" episode 7, taking place right after Crucible, in which Jaina's stress from killing her brother, newly marrying Jag, post-baby depression etc. take their toll and she turns to the dark side and forms the Knights of Ren as Kyla Ren under the tutelage of Legends Snoke, who usurps the Empire from Jag. Jag goes into hiding with his and Jaina's kid (leading to the Legacy Fel dynasty), while Luke goes into exile on Ahch-To just like in canon in remorse for having Jaina kill her brother, which led to her fall.

An older Rey and Finn and Poe (since this takes place circa 45 ABY instead of the canon TFA in 34 ABY) lead the search for Luke. Han and Lando reclaim the recently stolen Falcon and help out, while Snoke tests his new Starkiller Base on Hosnian Prime, an important Alliance world.

Han and friends disable Starkiller base and Han tries to redeem his daughter, but she kills him and proclaims her allegiance to the Dark Side, like her brother before her. Rey defeats Kyla in battle with Anakin Skywalker's/Mara Jade's lightsaber. She flies to Ahch-To to find Luke and gives it to him.

Does this work out? Or does it cause too much mayhem in a timeframe that the Legacy comics said was supposed to be peaceful? :p

24. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I don't know if it works, but it has Lando, so it's a win.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

sidv88 likes this.
  25. jedisor

jedisor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 22, 2011
    I disagree with anything that has Jaina go dark or die before her parents. Han and Leia have been through enough.

kalzeth and SpecForce Trooper like this.