main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The fate of the post-Legacy galaxy

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SpecForce Trooper, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I simply refuse to believe all the Sith died-It was too darn neat and tidy. Nihl had to survive as well as Talon.

Gamiel and kalzeth like this.
  2. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Yeah I agree, it's best to assume Legacy #2's ending is more of a post-nu canon/Disney buyout attempt to wrap things up. It was obviously not what was originally intended.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But Marasiah herself says she doubts it's over... I think they had one character say that just so it felt like an end to an era for fans who wanted some closure. But for fans who didn't need that, would recognize it for what it was, which is the new Battle of Ruusan where the Sith go even deeper underground again.

4. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Precisely. I doubt Legacy Volume 2 would have ever ended that way but was intended as a quick wrap up once news of the buyout came down the chain.

5. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    The problem is that Corde is in power now. All her games were about eliminating all the threats to her rule one by one, ultimately placing her in charge with her thug of her son as Vader.

Worthy of a descendant of Ta'a Chume, although of course she's not the one who came up with the plan. Only her middle child sees her for what she is...

And I doubt even she realises that as of the end of the plotline of what used to be the Star Wars storyline, Ysanne Isard has won through her successor implementing her masterplan to take back the Galaxy...

-- The Imperial Ewok

6. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I doubt Morrigan Corde would have much sway especially if word gets out of her dealings with Krayt.

7. Havoc123

Jun 26, 2013
    Yeah I doubt Marasiah would have Corde around, and Cade doesn't care. He's off wandering the Galaxy being a pirate in areas where there isn't much control. Honestly it's best to just end off the official Skywalker bloodline like that, ride off into the sunset. They don't need to always be the heroes to save the day, forever.

AusStig likes this.
  8. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Cade did embrace his Jedi heritage and I can't imagine he'd want to remain a pirate/rogue for ever. Eventually he'd settle down and we'd have mixed species Skywalkers(Deliah Blue).

kalzeth likes this.
  9. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Here's a question someone might be able to answer: When Krayt falls most of the galaxy is left to be divided by the twin victor states. Is Corellia in any situation to establish a new Confederation? The GA doesn't control them yet. How would the Alliance and Empire react?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  10. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    That's an interesting question-we know the corellians did rejoin the GA at some point after LOTF and since world's actually seceded during the Sith-Imperial War that would mean some level of dissent still existed against the GA.

I'm not sure about the status of Centerpoint-as that is the Corellian's main trump card in any war or situation where they can only maintain their independence through threats of force. If it's active then sure if not their position is a lot less promising.

I do imagine there would be world's and systems who still long for the confederation's decentralized political arrangement and would chafe under both the GA and the empire-Corellia would be one of them.

I imagine they aren't really in a position to declare independence after Krayt's immediate downfall-best option would be to wait a few decades and get a feel for how much support they could get if they were to embark on a venture of independence again.

Their probably under imperial or GA administration at the immediate end of legacy volume 1 though.

11. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Here's my thoughts. Corellians and their friends probably still held grudges against the Alliance, only to be swept into Sith-Imperial tyranny for years. With the Sith-Empire out of the picture they might fear rule from either the Alliance or the Empire. It would be a pretty uncertain time. Maybe they can establish some kind of government. Then the Allies who are already busy fighting Sith are forced to make a treaty with the Corellians. The Confederation now helps the Allies fight their war against a still massive Sith Empire in return for independence. It's quite the gamble on the Corellians' part but I see it working.

12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The Confederation no longer existed in the legacy era though.

13. Havoc123

Jun 26, 2013
    I like to think it existed, but in a more de jure form. As in, it gradually lost its members to the GA and Fel Empire and was made economically dependent on likely the Galactic Alliance, becoming a member state once again in practice if not de jure. And then it was forced to bend to Krayt.

14. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Oh I know. I'm just saying when Krayt falls the Corellians won't be part of the Alliance yet. If they're interested in starting a new Confederation they'd have the chance.

15. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The reception for trying to do this would be a negative one-the Galaxy has just endured 8 years of one Sith tyranny, and seen world's nearly genocided. And the Felpire and GA will crack down hard.

It would be wiser for the Corellians to wait a few more decades.

16. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    We know Nihl and Talin survived. Any idea why they didn’t show up in Legacy 2 or what their game plan would be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Emperor Krayt's Sith troopers turning on themselves into essentially MOD's against their own banners and enemies alike, it always seemed like they used kinda the same idea for Operation Cinder . If he would live and lead his empire, no one will inherit it wholesale.

18. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Hiding and waiting to rise again. As the Sith are want to do when on the backfoot.

We know Nihl, Talon, Maladi, Havoc, and Saarai(Wyyrlok's daughter or Wyyrlok IV) are still alive.

kalzeth and spicer like this.
  19. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    They could've died in V2. There was a lot of Sith onscreen.

On a seperate note: What happened to the Empire of the Hand? Destroyed? Absorbed by the Chiss? Absorbed by the greater Empire? Still it's own thing? If it wasn't with the Empire or the Chiss Krayt would probably view it as a threat. Thoughts?

20. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Absorbed by both the Felpire and Chiss. It was a hybrid state bridging the gap between the empire and the Chiss and so it was inevitable to be join them both.

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  21. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Unless they were killed on Mala...

Nah, I don't think so. We need Legacy Volume 3!

kalzeth likes this.
  22. srd5090

srd5090 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2012
    I think it is another one of those open ended questions. For those who want true finality to the ending... Nihl was cloaked sith #6 in the last issue. [face_dunno]

23. kalzeth

kalzeth Jedi Master star 3

Aug 26, 2017
    I would kill for that to be an ostrander comic series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spicer likes this.
  24. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I'd like to see the One Sith gone so we could move to new things. The Sith always come back (and that's kind of their thing) but they shouldn't be much of a threat after Legacy. Give it a hundred years at least.

I like it. The Empire's borders would go quite far west. The Chiss and Imperials would now share direct borders.

25. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Thing is that finality did seem somewhat cheap and "let's wrap this up as fast as possible".

Personally I believe the four(or five) Sith I mentioned endured and were the core of any new Sith faction.

After all the Jedi-Sith conflict is eternal.

@SpecForce Trooper-we know the Chiss supported the imperials during the Sith-Imperial War so I imagine they are allies.