main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV The Fate of this Fan Force

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MoronDude, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Saturday, June 3rd, 2004 at roughly 8:30 at the Green Valley Christian Center before we start playing our respective Role Playing Games, we will be discussing various aspects of the Southern Nevada Fan Force. Topics likely to be brought up are the following:

a) A name for the Fan Force.

b) Defining the leadership of our Fan Force.

c) The roles of the leadership.

d) Guidelines and expectations in the Fan Force.

e) Activities the Fan Force would like to participate in.

This meeting will be the time to bring up ideas and concerns in a very open, casual way. Everything discussed will then be posted to the board so that those who could not make it to the meeting will have an understanding of what was discussed. Afterwards, a vote will be taken on each topic with majority ruling.

Anyone is allowed to attend, whether you are playing in the RPGs or not. When the changes have been implemented, policy changes will be handled in a more formal manner, so this meeting is one of the only chances to speak about things in a casual way.

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Green Valley Christian Center (lobby)
    711 Valle Verde Ct.
    Henderson, NV 89014.

From I-95, take Sunset up past Marks, past Stephanie, past Arroyo Grande, and when you get to the light at Valle Verde, hang a right so you are going up a hill (there will be a CVS Pharmacy on your right). Take the next available street on the right, Valle Verde Ct. Take that to the end of the cul de sac, and you will see the church. Park wherever, and enter into the main doors. We usually meet in the lobby area, and the lights should be on there. If doors are locked, knock, and we will hear you and let you in. If you get there early, be advised there is a service that is from 6:30 to roughly 8 or so, so there may be other folks hanging around. They won't bite, just go in and to the left, you will see a couple of rows of pink cushioned chairs, that is where we gather before setting up our gaming tables.

I actually work at the church, so I will be there from 5:30 PM onwards. You can ask around for Vic, or if you spot a tall dark guy with a pointy soul patch, it's probably me.

If you use Mapquest to print a map to the above address, be advised that Mapquest will get you very near to us, but will actually place you at 7-11, not the church.

See ya there!

3. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    rock on, i will be in town this weekend, so i will stop by and put in my two cents.

4. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Sweet, the Acthar cometh.

5. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    We had quite an interesting meeting, if I do say so myself. Those in attendance were MR-V1N, Janky, Gerson, Axia, Acthar, Talon, Protoss, and your loveable dictator, MoronDude. This post is for historical document, but also for those who couldn't make it to the gathering.

1st topic discussed: Name for the Fan Force.
    With the twinsunssyndicate.com domaign expiring soon, and due to an overall feeling that the current name is a bit too long, I opened up the floor for any suggestions. Axia said that he'd like more time to think, and no one was really offering any names, except me (they all sucked). Then Talon, thinking out loud said... "SD-6... SD-5 1/2... SD-1138!" At that moment, a few key people; Axia, Gerson, and Jank, showed real interest in that name. Then I realized that it could work on another level... SD-1138 = Star Destroyer-1138. Now even Acthar was interested in the name. We all agreed that the name was good, and that if anything, it would be one of the choices for the new name.

If anyone has any other name suggestions, please PM me, so I can come up with a few for voting apon.

2nd topic discussed: Organization of leadership.
    Everyone in attendance liked the idea of a leader with a council of other decision makers. So, the questions were, how many people would make up the council, and who would be the leader? After much discussion (and some rock, paper, scissors... j/k), we decided on a leader and a council of 5. It looks as if I will stay on as City Rep and Chancellor. The High Council is made up of the following:

1. GersonSith
    2. Axia_Euxine
    3. Acthar Sm-Ith
    4. Jankarakk
    5. OPEN

The open spot was going to be Talon's, but he has opted out, for the same reasons that he stepped down from City Rephood. IF anyone would like to fill this open slot, and could fulfill these requirements:

a) Checking the boards at least once EVERY weekday, and once during the weekend, including checking your PMs.
    b) Offering an e-mail address, and checking that address often for any updates or Fan Force concerns.

... then please PM me with your interest. If more that 1 person are up for the job, we will hold a general election.

3rd topic discussed: The expectations of the leadership.
    I have already explained a few. All members of the High Council, including the leader, must check the boards daily. While this does not entail posting daily, a strong and steady presence on the boards must be maintained. High Council members must check their PMs and e-mails for any official Fan Force business, and reply swiftly so that problems may get resolved in a timely and orderly fasion.

Above that, High Council members must maintain a friendly and positive attitude when dealing with the other users on this and other boards in the Jedi Council Forums. Remember that you are representing the Fan Force by your behavior, as you will all recieve Fan Force titles. Violation of the Jedi Council forums TOS will not be permitted, and above your punishment by the forum administrators, you may also face the loss of your position on the Council.

4th topic discussed: Roles of the leadership.
    The High Council will be the legislative, executive, and judicial powers in the Fan Force. They will be charged with the creation, implementation, and enforcing of Fan Force rules and guidelines.

Possible areas of High Council control:
    • Rules governing the acceptance of new members
    • Dues, Fundraisers, and Donations
    • Facilitating Events
    • Rules about board content
    • Banning trouble-making members from events

While most things will be up to the entire Council, various Council members will have specific jobs and responsibilities. Also, not all voting will be up to the High Council. Some votes, as in voting for new Council Members or a new leader will be held in a general election, in which all members of the Fan Force will be able to vote.

5th topic discussed. Fan Force events
    This is what it's all abo

6. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    well its good to see that you guys are getting things together over there. I wish I could play a bigger part but Im down here in S.D.

If theres anything I can do, let me know.

(In the best Eric Cartman impression) I love you guys...

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    woot for the chancellor!

Inaen, if you notice, Acthar is on the council, and he is not exactly 100% local, if you get my drift, know what I mean, nudge nudge.

8. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Check This out and let me know what you think.

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    GNARLY!!

I like it!

maybe the website's name, too (once there is a website, that is)

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I assume it says Southern Nevada Star Wars Fan Force in the alien lettering.

Are we a primarily Imperial aligned group? I noticed the Imp logo.

Or are we neutral, or do we cater to all factions...?

Perhaps SD-1138 is the new designation given to a Star Destroyer that we stole or won. Or maybe it's captain and crew went rogue from the empire, and redesignated the ship, and now operates it in some other capacity where other factions (alliance, empire, neutral) can come....?

sorry, it's the GM in me needing backstory...

11. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    That is an incredible design. And Talon, if you take a look at our leader's icon, I think it will give you an idea of our alignment.

12. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I figure we can come up with backstory all in good time. You guys like the design? I was keeping it simple so we'd know what it would look like on letterhead or t-shirts. I can start working on a fancier one that might appear on graphics, banners and websites

13. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I was also going to contact a riend of mine for the by-laws that we came up with for the Star Trek club I use to belong to. I figure it could serve as a guide to creating our own.

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Awesome design, Axia!

We'll also need to decide on a color scheme for the board banner and colors.

What colors would everyone here prefer? I'd say not yellow... I think we had enough of this. I'd also say not the grey/blue that's on the main board.

15. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    If anyone else is interested in the open High Council seat, please PM me by Monday, July 12th.

16. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I'm UPPING this so it doesn't get locked.

We also need a new High Council member, since it seems Acthar is not returning. So the qualifications are the same. If anyone wants the job, PM me soon.

Also, we need to verify our Fan Force name and get it changed the with Organization. So, does everyone like SD-1138?

17. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I like it.

18. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I like it

19. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    i like it.

20. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I like it.

21. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    there we go...the Emperor likes it...therefore it is so.

22. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Well, though I'd like that to be the case, it still must be something everyone will like... or at least the majority.

23. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I like it

24. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    i concur.

25. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    That's 6 in favor, three of which are High Council members, so I'm gonna make is official.

The Southern Nevada Fan Force's official Chapter name is SD-1138.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.