So NV The Fate of this Fan Force

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MoronDude, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Sabacc

Suits- There are four (4) suits, and each suits has numbered cards valuing one through eleven (1-11)

Sabers
    Staves
    Flasks
    Coins
    Rank- There are four ranks, much like Jack, Queen etc in Earth decks, one for each suit.

Commander: Value: 12
    Mistress: Value: 13
    Master: Value: 14
    Ace: Value: 15
    Face Cards-

Queen of Air and Darkness: Value: -2
    Endurance: Value: -8
    Balance: Value: Unknown
    Demise: Value: -13
    Moderation: Value: Unknown
    The Evil One: Value: -15
    The Star: Value: Unknown

The Idiot: Value: 0
    The Object
    If you win a round by the highest hand, you get what's called the Hand Pot. If you get a Pure Sabacc or an Idiot's Array, you win the hand pot PLUS the Sabacc pot, thus ending the round. A Pure Sabacc is when your card value equals either positive or negative twenty-three (23). In the event of a tie, positive beats negative. An Idiot's Array is when you hold the Idiot card (with a value of 0), a card with a value of two (2) and one with a value of three (3), in effect, "23". An Idiot's Array beats a Pure Sabacc.
    Rules and Stats

Having Idiot's Array down the side might be cool.

OR what about having 1, 1, 3 and 8 somewhere represented by playing cards?

I like Axia's design. Most FF banners I have seen are cluttered and look like technicolor vomit. Axia's is clean, although I am unsure with just having an imp symbol in the corner, I would rather we catered to all factions, if possible.
  2. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    But there's a lot of space in between boring and cluttered. I'd like to see a bit more to that banner.
  3. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with Talon. I hate the technicolor vomit these boards are always plagued with. Or as I like to call them garage sale graphics. (Look at the top of this page for instance.) Less is more people.

Im sorry you think mine is boring Morondude. I don't like clutered graphics. As far as the Imp symbol is concerned, when we first started talking about naming our group SD-1138 I thought we had decided it would fit good with an imperial theme.
  4. Darth-Kevin-Thomas Force Ghost

star 5
    well, not that i've been around the FF for a long time but i could possible try my hand and a new banner. I lost the old one when i re-formated.

If job/family/school/time permit i would like to get involved more.

dkt
  5. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You're totally welcome, DKT
  6. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    The sabaac cards would be a great idea. Even the dice similar to one owned by Watto. Now, i don't play cards or gamble but I also don't play any of the RPG, CCGs anyway...but yes, the sabaac cards and chance dice would cool with the SD-1138 banner :)
  7. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the chance dice idea!
  8. Luminara_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    i like both ideas...i think an imperial theme would be neat, but maybe over done? a lot of boards have imperial themes...but how many boards have a chance theme? im not into gambleing or anything, but i think it would be a neat theme to our board...the problem there lies in the new name we've chosen...it doesnt' really fit with a gambling theme...what say you all?
  9. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the sabaac cards spelling out 1138 or the chance cube as a side note to the star destroyer.
  10. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess in a way if hard-core Lucas fans see through our cool banner...there is a "gambling" connection with "1138" if it refers to THX-1138 who did take a chance in defying the authorities, escaping from his dorm room, and went ahead and ventured far beyond the authorized city limits to "freedom".

;)
  11. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    yes!

Ekrin, the SD designation refers to Star Destroyer, and is a subtle nod to Alias fans (SD-6 being the notorious agency run by Arvin Sloane).

Instead of SD-6, however, it is SD-1138, which sounds more like a numerical designation of a capital ship, but is a nod toward Lucas' magic number which he uses all the time.
  12. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay, HERE is my new submission.

- No Vegas Stuff
    - Not a bunch of random Star Wars Characters
    - Welcomes not only Imperials, but Rebels and Mandalorians
    - Shows pride for our Fan Force

Hope you guys like it.
  13. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    hehe I really like the other fan force logos that we destroyed...

don't like the characters on the side...
  14. Luminara_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    i don't like the characters on the side either. it doesnt go.
  15. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    I dont like it. Too cluttered.
  16. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the red neon SD-1138 logo, the yellow SNSWFF/aurabesh is cool and so is the Imp/Rebel/Mandalore logo, MD.

The character images look kinda cluttered and the stars in motion as well. I'd keep Darth Vader.

:)
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.