main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

So NV The Fate of this Fan Force

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MoronDude, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Sabacc

Suits- There are four (4) suits, and each suits has numbered cards valuing one through eleven (1-11)

Sabers
    Staves
    Flasks
    Coins
    Rank- There are four ranks, much like Jack, Queen etc in Earth decks, one for each suit.

Commander: Value: 12
    Mistress: Value: 13
    Master: Value: 14
    Ace: Value: 15
    Face Cards-

Queen of Air and Darkness: Value: -2
    Endurance: Value: -8
    Balance: Value: Unknown
    Demise: Value: -13
    Moderation: Value: Unknown
    The Evil One: Value: -15
    The Star: Value: Unknown

The Idiot: Value: 0
    The Object
    If you win a round by the highest hand, you get what's called the Hand Pot. If you get a Pure Sabacc or an Idiot's Array, you win the hand pot PLUS the Sabacc pot, thus ending the round. A Pure Sabacc is when your card value equals either positive or negative twenty-three (23). In the event of a tie, positive beats negative. An Idiot's Array is when you hold the Idiot card (with a value of 0), a card with a value of two (2) and one with a value of three (3), in effect, "23". An Idiot's Array beats a Pure Sabacc.
    Rules and Stats

Having Idiot's Array down the side might be cool.

OR what about having 1, 1, 3 and 8 somewhere represented by playing cards?

I like Axia's design. Most FF banners I have seen are cluttered and look like technicolor vomit. Axia's is clean, although I am unsure with just having an imp symbol in the corner, I would rather we catered to all factions, if possible.

2. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    But there's a lot of space in between boring and cluttered. I'd like to see a bit more to that banner.

3. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    I agree with Talon. I hate the technicolor vomit these boards are always plagued with. Or as I like to call them garage sale graphics. (Look at the top of this page for instance.) Less is more people.

Im sorry you think mine is boring Morondude. I don't like clutered graphics. As far as the Imp symbol is concerned, when we first started talking about naming our group SD-1138 I thought we had decided it would fit good with an imperial theme.

4. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    well, not that i've been around the FF for a long time but i could possible try my hand and a new banner. I lost the old one when i re-formated.

If job/family/school/time permit i would like to get involved more.

dkt

5. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    You're totally welcome, DKT

6. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    The sabaac cards would be a great idea. Even the dice similar to one owned by Watto. Now, i don't play cards or gamble but I also don't play any of the RPG, CCGs anyway...but yes, the sabaac cards and chance dice would cool with the SD-1138 banner :)

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I like the chance dice idea!

8. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    i like both ideas...i think an imperial theme would be neat, but maybe over done? a lot of boards have imperial themes...but how many boards have a chance theme? im not into gambleing or anything, but i think it would be a neat theme to our board...the problem there lies in the new name we've chosen...it doesnt' really fit with a gambling theme...what say you all?

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I like the sabaac cards spelling out 1138 or the chance cube as a side note to the star destroyer.

10. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    I guess in a way if hard-core Lucas fans see through our cool banner...there is a "gambling" connection with "1138" if it refers to THX-1138 who did take a chance in defying the authorities, escaping from his dorm room, and went ahead and ventured far beyond the authorized city limits to "freedom".

;)

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    yes!

Ekrin, the SD designation refers to Star Destroyer, and is a subtle nod to Alias fans (SD-6 being the notorious agency run by Arvin Sloane).

Instead of SD-6, however, it is SD-1138, which sounds more like a numerical designation of a capital ship, but is a nod toward Lucas' magic number which he uses all the time.

12. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, [link=http://swvsst.tripod.com/sd11381.htm]HERE[/link] is my new submission.

- No Vegas Stuff
    - Not a bunch of random Star Wars Characters
    - Welcomes not only Imperials, but Rebels and Mandalorians
    - Shows pride for our Fan Force

Hope you guys like it.

13. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    hehe I really like the other fan force logos that we destroyed...

don't like the characters on the side...

14. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    i don't like the characters on the side either. it doesnt go.

15. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    I dont like it. Too cluttered.

16. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    I like the red neon SD-1138 logo, the yellow SNSWFF/aurabesh is cool and so is the Imp/Rebel/Mandalore logo, MD.

The character images look kinda cluttered and the stars in motion as well. I'd keep Darth Vader.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.