main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Fates of the Big Three in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sith-Mullet, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    Rumor has it that Han Solo is going to die in Ep VII. What are your hypothetical thoughts regarding when he dies in the movie? It will obviously be pretty epic, he's not going to go out like a punk. Please discuss.

2. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    My hypothetical thought is that it's this THREAD that will die - SOON. In before the lock.

3. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    ^To be fair, there isn't a thread here specifically about Han Solo, but I do think discussion of this in the Big Three thread should suffice.

[​IMG]

4. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    "Rumor has it", or rather, "fan speculation based on Ford's 30+ years-old notion that Han should've died in the carbon freezing process since he felt the character arc had nowhere else to go"

StoneRiver and Sith-Mullet like this.
  5. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Killing any of the main three would be an obvious stunt move and should be avoided at all costs.

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I think he should die right before the lock.

7. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Dies as a hero at end.

Aegon Starcaster likes this.
  8. Sith-Mullet

Aug 2, 2003
    Sure, give the old space pirate the death that he deserves. ;)
    Honestly folks, Harrison Ford has wished for Solo's death since ESB. He said that the character was not important to the story. So... Hypothetically, how would you write him out of the story?

9. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Middle. Or end. NOT the beginning.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  10. Sith-Mullet

Aug 2, 2003
    So... Should he have Chewie with him, or should he die... Solo. ;)

11. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Nice one.

I want to hear, 'Chewie, take [my daughter] and get to the escape pod.'

Episode Swag and kainee like this.
  12. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    More importantly, which part of Han should die first?

13. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If Han DOES indeed die I am going to have to say he should die right in the beginning of Act 3. I don't know which movie I'd have him die in but either Episode 8 or 9...

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think Han should die at some point in the ST but it has nothing to do with Harrison Ford's comments past or present. Everyone dies eventually and our heroes should be no different. I expect it to be incredibly meaningful to both the characters and the audience and hopefully it will also be meaningful to the plot. I expect Luke to die as well but I hope that doesn't occur until Episode IX.

15. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I could see Luke sacrificing himself in IX.

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Luke will be on Tatooine with the Binary Sunset/Sunrise (to change it up a bit) and disappear into the Force.
    Not sure about Han or Leia.

Trebor Sabreon and Episode Swag like this.
  17. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I see Leia surviving the whole ST.

agentkrycek likes this.
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I've retitled the thread to give it a more comprehensive scope... instead of just being about Han and when he should die. People have predictably begun discussing Luke in here too.

Also, the other Big Three thread is more "out of universe"; it's focused more on discussions of the original Big Three actors being confirmed to return.

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I really don't know how I feel about more than one member of the Big Three biting it. It would almost seem like overkill, especially if it was done simply for the shock factor. I really hope they don't go down that route. If it were to happen, I hope they would take the overall story into consideration and handle their deaths accordingly.

20. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Luke should die in Ep VII and be a force ghost from then on.

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I really don't think Luke should die in Episode VII. Force Smuggler made a great point awhile ago that Lucas mirrored Obi-Wan's death in the PT with Qui-Gon but Yoda's death in Episode VI hasn't been mirrored. I also think Luke should have a six film arc just as his father did.

22. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Fate of the OT3? One big giant "Red Wedding". Kill them all, all at once in front of our horrified eyes [face_devil]

Nah but in all seriousness I can see them killing the OT3 off throughout the series *or at the very least give them a definitive conclusion to their arcs* in order to:
    1. Close up all loose ends so we wont have any cases of EU writers making up the OT3s death or people wondering why Luke isn't in episode 10 or whatnot
    2. To "pass the torch" and avoid overcrowding *I bet it must be hard to manage 7 new big characters as well as the OT3 and still be able to give them all something of value to do*
    3. Its a fantasy tradition for the mentor to die in order to give the hero motivation

DarthRelaxus, kainee and Dra--- like this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Agreed about a 6 movie arc for Luke. I want to see him doing some sweet stuff in this trilogy.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Luke making it out of Ep. 7 is a dicey proposition simply because mentor figures don't have a very high survival rate of the opening trilogy movies. On the flipside, if he's less Obi-Wan and more Yoda, he could make it through the ST. And there really aren't many other options for a Yoda in the ST, unless they make up somebody new. Wild card into that mix, let's say the movie focuses on the next generation of Jedi, if Luke is their teacher, and he dies, it could be a curveball to throw at the characters who were relying him him for support and teaching. Now what do they do? There's that bad guy they gotta worry about and Master Luke is freakin' dead!

Solo? If he makes it through Ep. 7, and if Ford has changed his mind on that death scene he talked about 3 decades ago (and when they frozen Han Solo in the 2nd movie cuz they were literally not sure if they could get Ford back), then he's good till the end.

Leia? All the way through all 3 movies, probably. Easy bet on that one.

Episode Swag and kainee like this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Luke dying ala Obi-Wan would feel like a rip-off of that death . Besides as someone on a thread stated a long while back back that if Luke didn't die on the Death Star in ROTJ then he shouldn't die in combat in the ST or something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.