main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Fates of the Big Three in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sith-Mullet, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    Not if LFL are releasing a Han Solo spinoff in 2016. That would make zero commercial sense.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Neither must live while the other survives....or something.

3. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    [​IMG]

Nenim Chela likes this.
  4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Han was Plaguies this whole time!

5. Fjw1970

Fjw1970 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 8, 2013
    In episode 7 Han will be an exo-archeologist that travels around looking for artifacts while armed with a force whip. Leia will the the woman he always loved but never married. Han will met his son (by Leia) and is son will think Wedge was his dad since that is who Leia marries.

6. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    The fans sure hate the big 3.

7. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013

You could say he drove/flew a Wedge between them. [face_beatup]

8. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    The big three have potential story arcs that make sense in the ST.

1) Who says Han and Leia ever get married? They were together at the end of RotJ, but Han has never been the settling down type of guy. They might have a child (not really, they'd be in their late teens or early 20's by the time Ep VII rolls around) but there is the possibility the conception occurred out of wedlock.
    2) As being the last Jedi, Luke has to take an apprentice. I think we can surmise that he restarts the Jedi order somehow as well.
    3) For Luke to take a wife or have a romantic interest he'd have to change the ancient Jedi code which forbids love relationships. Since Luke doesn't really have to listen to Yoda and Obi-Wan anymore (but I'm sure he considers there advice, if he still communes with their force ghost versions) maybe he can? That's a bit of a grey area right now.
    4) Does Leia receive Jedi training, or does she continue on as a political figure? Both? As she's an older woman by the time Ep VII happens, maybe she's more in an advisory role now to whatever current government exists for the Republic.

Those are a few of the things I've been thinking about recently.

Nenim Chela likes this.
  9. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    This is very true. However, there have been thirty to forty years between the Episodes. Many of these things would probably be relevant in between the episodes, not in the ST.

Luke, Leia and Han are great characters, there's no doubt, but the ST will be about the new characters, not as much the old, as much as I would love to see that happen. There is a real danger in stifling the new characters with so many old ones around. In addition to seven new cast members for Episode VII, we have the Big Three, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Lando, and did I miss anyone? There is a little less than 7 hours of screen time in the entire ST (135 min per film approx.), if we're lucky. They will not be at the center of the story, but if Luke dies in VII as outlined above, he could be at the heart of the story.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  10. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I'd say there's a good chance we'll see Chewie and the droids. I'm wondering about Lando.

If Luke dies, it will be a major event and they better do it right. It better not be him getting stuck by some grade-B Sith apprentice like what happened to Qui-Gon lol

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Han has to protect a mother and son because the son witnessed a murder by Jabba's son, so they have to hide out in an Amish-like community.

Nenim Chela likes this.
  12. Nenim Chela

Nenim Chela Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2013
    If Luke dies, it will be a major event and they better do it right. It better not be him getting stuck by some grade-B Sith apprentice like what happened to Qui-Gon lol[/quote]

We keep assuming that Luke (or Leia, as i'm guessing it) will have an Obi-wan/Qui-Gon Jinn-like death in the new movies to keep Lucas's thematic "rhyming" scheme alive. But we ought to remember that it wasn't so much that Qui-Gon Jinn's death in the TPM mirrored Obi-wan's in ANH. From what I remember, Lucas seemed more concerned with providing mirror images for Obi-wan's actions in both movies, specifically how the older, wiser, Obi-wan chose to sacrifice himself in ANH whereas the younger Obi-wan sought to avenge his master's death in TPM (i.e., giving in to those pesky emotions of which Lucas is so suspicious). Which is all to say... Maybe Luke (or one of his children) might be the one who either has to see someone get killed or avenge someone's death or maybe stop someone from dying... Setting him off on a darker path... [face_devil]

13. Nenim Chela

Oct 2, 2013
    kip73

Like, like, like. I pretty much agree with all of this speculation. In particular the possibility of a big potential story element where Luke would have had babies on the sly, given the Jedi code. Though saying that Han busts a George Clooney and doesn't marry Leia might be a bit of a gyp, even though it makes sense, given his womanizing character in ANH and TESB. I'd say it'd be more a case where he's unhappily married or something, kind of just sitting around, pouting, waiting for a new crisis as an excuse to leave the house. Then again, perhaps JJ&Co. will throw a monkey wrench into our assumptions about the character and make it that Han turns out to be the exact opposite of what he was in the OT, at least initially. Just as long as they don't have him go all a Jar Jar Binks on us and make Han Solo run for high political office or something, that'd be an interesting twist.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd rather not have Han abandon his entire family and return to his smuggling ways. It's a huge step backwards for the character and seems like an excuse to have the gunslingin', shoot first smuggler from ANH when that wasn't his character anymore in ROTJ. He'd finally found a purpose in life that wasn't all about himself and I'd hate to see that progression wrecked just for nostalgia's sake.

15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, I'd like to see Han be the believer in the Force now. He's been around and has faith. In a dark moment, when our heroes are down, he gives them encouragement. "Hey, the Force is for real. I've witnessed its power. Forget what you've seen, because I'm telling you the truth."

16. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Which brings me to another reason that if any of the big 3 die, it would be Han. If Han sacrifices himself, he's completely ceased to be selfish.

Immortiss likes this.
  17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Han wasn't a womanizer in ANH and ESB. Are you referring to the unrated cut?

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I wanted to give this post some thought before I responded because it's intrigued me. I don't think there's anyway Luke will not appear in Episode VII and if they did go that route it would probably be too much mirroring of Yoda's story. However, your post made me look at TPM and how while keeping the structure of ANH it also incorporated many thematic elements from ROTJ which is apt as the films serve as the beginning and ending of Anakin's story. So perhaps Episode VII could do something similar and retain the structure of ANH/TPM while incorporating elements from ESB. It could symbolize Luke's changed role in the story as he is essentially the new Yoda. Now what story could be built around this outline that revolves around the new protagonist? Well, unlike Anakin and Luke who didn't take much convincing to believe in the Force perhaps a child of Han could take after his/her father and be a bit more skeptical. It could be about them discovering their spirituality and faith in the Force and perhaps explore themes of knighthood like GL said the ST would explore.

StoneRiver likes this.
  19. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    With the rumors of one of hte actors from Rebels being in the ST, maybe the Falcon will be destroyed at some point in Episode VII, taking 1, 2 or all 3 of Han, Leia and Luke with it, and the action will shift to the Ghost?

That would be quite the tie in for Disney/Lucasfilm.

20. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm more interested in the fete's of the big 3. Garden parties in the GFFA and Leia's famous Bantha Muffins.

Nenim Chela, Sarge and Darth_Pevra like this.
  21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm more looking forward to the fetishes of the Big 3...

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    His death will be AWESOME!!! First there's going to be a lame fist fight, then he'll fall off a bridge, and his last words will be, "It was... fun."

Dasan and TKT like this.
  23. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    well i'm glad someone here is a fan of both Trek and Wars.

Dasan likes this.
  24. Nenim Chela

Oct 2, 2013

The way he carried himself, his whole life-style--i.e., single, dashing space pirate, Hits On Anything That Moves, suggests as much. Then again, Han might have been that cheesy dude at the end of the bar who is always getting turned down by the ladies, given that his approach doesn't seem to move past What's Your Sign.

25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Han was a loner in the Clint Eastwood sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.