main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Fates of the Big Three in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sith-Mullet, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nenim Chela

Nenim Chela Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2013

... Not sure if the Man With No Name ever really had a sex drive...?

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Discounting the EU, neither does Han.

3. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I would like to see Han Solo die of old age in a dramatized scene mirroring Yoda's death in ROTJ. Han doesn't deserve to be blown up in the falcon or cut down by a sith lord or Greedo's brother shooting him.

Immortiss likes this.
  4. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I've noted that it would appear a lot of Star Wars fans would deem it worthy of the Big Three that they die in epic fashion, as somehow this would be an appropriate send-off after 20 or so years of hype and anticipation alluding to their return to each respective signature role.

Seemingly, there are three options whilst proceeding forward at the moment.
    1. Kill any of the Big Three, providing for a single rush of adrenaline out of any fan, and a logical storyline direction in which the hero/heroine looks to avenge said character. Then, proceed to hope and pray that the new characters can hack it on their own without the cushion of experienced (and well-loved) actors/characters to fall back on.
    2. Do not kill any of the Big Three, providing for many an adrenaline rush out of any fan, and further proving that feel good moments have the potential to outsell tragedy any day of the week. Then, have not just the Big Three to flesh out new stories from, but also the new cast taking the series into the future.
    3. The Big Three, do not come back and disappoint legions of die-hard fans most of which can't see an ST without them being a part of it, but at the same time feel killing their character is better than continuity (although the millions made off of the Big Three in books, comics, etc. could state otherwise).
    No matter how it's viewed, one thing is for certain...we're on the cusp of something special. The chance to bear witness to the reinvention of canon that we forever thought was already written to it's fullest potential. The chance to start back from after Return of the Jedi completely anew. Wouldn't it be better to have the Big Three still be a part of that experience looking forward? To have Chewie revived for a new generation; a generation likely unaware of the fact that he was killed in the novels anyways, because those people only seen the movies, and like us want all characters to return to the big screen providing for at least one more thrill-ride.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that Harrison, Carrie, Hammil, etc. are not nearly too old nor are they even close to closing the chapter on their characters forever. I'll end on a high note from Harrison himself--talking recently, about another of his iconic roles, Indiana Jones.

Harrison Ford may be in his 70s, but that doesn't mean he's slowing down -- and that goes double for his on-screen alter ego, Indiana Jones. Ford says that despite his age -- 71, to be exact -- he thinks a fifth "Jones" film could definitely work, with a few tweaks.

"We've seen the character develop and grow over a period of time and it's perfectly appropriate and okay for him to come back again with a great movie around him where he doesn't necessarily have to kick as much ass," Ford said in a recent interview with the UK's Telegraph. "To me, what was interesting about the character was that he prevailed, that he had courage, that he had wit, that he had intelligence, that he was frightened, and that he still managed to survive. That I can do."

'That he can do'...

Although I remain unsure as to the stance he takes on the character nowadays, I'd like to think that the above comments can be made for Han Solo as well.

ChildOfWinds and TKT like this.
  5. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    I'm not worried about Han. He can take down Plagueis with his saxophone:

6. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I think Han should survive. If the OT taught us anything, he's a survivor.

Jetedonne Pur-Pureus and TKT like this.
  7. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I said earlier that the fans seem to hate the big 3. I now add to that statement that the fans seem to hate Luke most of all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.