main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Feedback Junkies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Aeron_Azzameen1839, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeron_Azzameen1839

Aeron_Azzameen1839 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    Mainly, I started this thread because I only have 5 posts on my fan-fic. Just leave the topic your writing about, and maybe we can help each other out.

2. Aftermath

Aftermath Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    I'll help you out Aeron. My one story has three fairly long post up, but they're all rather old. Darth Real-life has stolen my free time. I should be able to start posting again next weekend when my play is over, but until then feel free to read and post.

3. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I'd be glad to help either one of you guys! And don't worry, I have the same problem. I'm five pages into my story, and have one wonderful regular reader, and three who come back every once in a while. Aeron: And don't worry about your story, I read what you have so far, I like it.

Aftermath: So, which ones your story?

Anyway, my story is called Fates Unknown. :)

4. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I'm right there with you. My thread about punctuation has gotten 4 replies. I posted looking for people interested in reading an excerp, but no one responded. Either no one saw it or no one was interested in reading it. It's probably a good thing since the story isn't ready to post just yet.

5. Aftermath

Aftermath Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    My story is called Carthan Fire. There is a link in my sig.

6. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Self-promotion, eh? Well, if anybody is curious about where the Republic and the Jedi came from in the first place and how they got together, check out my fic Legacy. I'd love more readers, because I only have a few regulars. Even my beta comes sporadically! *self-pitying sigh*

7. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Oh, I know this problem as well, my first fic has two regulary readers!!!
    That sucks!!
    If anyone is interested in Vader meets Leia with a great shock and a bit humor, feel free to read, it´s in my signatur!!

Angel_Skywalker

8. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    *looks around hopefully* I alreadly like this place because i thought I was the only one who never got any more than two readers.... :(

But you know what I hate even more?

It's when you post the first post, and like five or six different people come then you post the second post, and only like two of them come and then you post the third post and only ONE comes!!!

I am so angry and frustrated right now...

~Obischick

ps. My story is about the blond handmaiden from EP I. Link in my sig. :(

9. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah, I have the same problem, except that I only posted my story over on ff.n. I finally got a review after almost four months of having it up there. I'm sure that some don't even get any. :(
    I guess why I don't post it here is because it has absolutely no canon characters in it, only the force and jedi stuff. If anybody really does like reading that kind of stuff then follow the link in my signature.
    But yeah, we "2 reply" people need to stick together! :)

Jae Angel

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I absolutely hate waiting for responses regarding fanfic!! I posted my first one a couple of days ago, (Chiaroscuro, and I luckily picked up a half-dozen or so readers. But I've found myself posting in places I normally do not venture in the name of shameless self-promotion. I feel like "Dammit, I worked on this story for nearly a year! It ought to have an audience."

So, I find myself checking every hour or so after I post a new chapter, hoping like crazy that I've gained another reader.

How, excrutiating it has become to be a feedback junkie..... and how humiliating.

Anyone know how I feel?

11. BelleBayard

BelleBayard TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Mar 16, 2000
    Entirely... ;)

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    BelleBayard: Nice to know I'm not alone in this illness. Perhaps we should form a support group? Feedback Junkies Anonymous??

13. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Feed back Junkies? LOL! Thats great! And beleive me, I know how you all feel, my beta reader NEVER read any of my story!

14. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    I live for feedback. I worked a year on my first story. (95 pages typed size 8 Tahoma font) and am 45 pages and three months into my second one.

It makes me so angry that some fics that aren't good at all get more response than some that are wonderful. I'm not saying that mine is wonderful or anything (though I like to think it is :p ) but the point is that I think I'm going to stop posting my story, just because getting no reponses is depressing.

~Obischick

15. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Don´t do so Obishick, nothing is worse than stop writing a fic, you´ve been thinking for a long time, only because of a lack of readers!! I nearly did with my first one, and I nearly wouldn´t have posted my second, which has some readers, now!!
    So don´t lose your hope!!
    And, hey.. which writer isn´t a feed back junkie?? :p

Angel_Skywalker

16. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Obischick, I'm sorry I haven't posted a reply about your latest post yet! :_| [face_blush]
    I read it when you posted it, but I was in the middle of one of the most miserable weekends of my life and I couldn't get a reply together, not that that is any excuse!
    I'm going to go and post one right now!!!
    And PLEASE don't stop posting your story, it's one of my current favorites already and I will go crazy if you stop!
    If I miss posting a reply again, just pm me and tell me to get my bootie in gear and get posting! :)

17. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Angel Skywalker, thanks for the support. It just get hard sometimes.... :p

Princess Sari, I know you had a hard weekend, so I don't blame you. And as for PMing people, I don't like doing that, it sounds so selfish

"Erm, Hi, yeah, did you forget about me, cuz you didn't come to my fic."

Awkward, you know?

~Obischick

18. BelleBayard

BelleBayard TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Mar 16, 2000
    :D Heh... Yeah, well I did something similar when I tried to bring Beloved Monster back. Got a couple of loyal readers, then Darth Real Life decided I had too much time on my hands and struck again. :( Bummer. Feel like school owns my life. :p

19. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Don't feel bad I already KNOW school owns my life!

Even though I don't have many readers, my current reader princess_sari is a wonderful reader!

20. quietlunatic

quietlunatic Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2001
    Oh. Do you mean two readers?

I had three on my first one, and two right now.

21. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    I nearly stopped my story "Tahsh and Marna", but a friend stepped in. I'm almost to where I've already written, where it gets good, and I'm contemplating stopping again.

Life in FanFic can be so depressing some times. And it doesn't help that so many stories are in there.

(I don't know how to do links or I would have done that with my fic so you could check it out if you wanted.)

22. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Obischick, I totally understand. I don't like pming people about my fics either.
    I just wanted you to know that I wouldn't think you were being the least bit selfish if you dropped me a pm to let me know that you updated your story. :)
    'Course, I'm going to try not to miss any more posts, so hopefully you won't need to remind me anyway. :D

23. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Hey, quietlunatic, what´s the name of your fic??
    If you put a link in your signatur it´s easier to find ;) !!!
    It´s a good decision to post a second fic, after having only a few readers at your first!!
    Writing starwars fics is great, nobody should stop, because of a lack of readers,
    believe in the force and in your luck ;) ;) !!!!

Angel_Skywalker

24. quietlunatic

quietlunatic Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2001
    Oh, Angel_Skywalker, you can read A Return to Arms here. At its end, I've a link to #2, which is sorta on the ropes right now.

I've got the impression that less is more when it comes to signatures. I tried linking it for a while, but it didn't seem to work.

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Anybody find themselves saying, "There...It's finished."

Then, three days later you're adding in material? And you can't stop yourself?

This is the reason they never let Pablo Picasso near his artworks when they were dispayed in museums. He would go in and make changes, even years later. I guess Uncle Georgie is right- a creation is never really completed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.