main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fel Family Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SoloFel_RebelGirl, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    ...It's not just about Jag!

I've talked to NP, and she OK'd this, on one condition: it's not just Jag discussion.

So then, let's discuss the other members of the Fel family...

Shall we start with Soontir?

2. Corellian_Cutie

Corellian_Cutie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2005
    First reply! I feel all special...=]

all right, 'Tir...hmm...shall i give a typical "he's awesome?"

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I think the Fel baby that was thrown off the building had a lot of character potential.

4. Gloria

Gloria Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Haha.

5. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    :rolleyes:

:p

The 'he's awesome' will get old, fast...

How about, 'Favorite Tir moment'?

6. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Soontir:*:*:*

How did Syal Antilles get so lucky and wind up with him?

My fave Soontir moment = like...everything. I drink up every mention of his name (and I'm sincerely hoping he shows up in Zahn's Allegiance).

7. Gloria

Nov 8, 2004
    I loved him in the FH trilogy. I about flipped when I saw that he was in the book. Easily one of the highlights of the NJO.
    "I didn't know you were Force-sensitive."
    "I'm not, but I can count."
    [face_laugh]

I'm still trying to get my hands on the Rogue comics, just because he's in them. So far, all I've been able to read is Mandatory Retirement. :_|

8. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    don't know alot about him. what I do know is that he attended the Imp. academy with Han and they didn't like each other or something?

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Let's see, my favorite moment...

Han: Don't worry about it, Plourr. We'll comm if we run into problems.
    Fel: What, us?
    Han: Afraid to get your hands dirty, Soontir?
    Fel: No, I was just wondering how you thought the two of us could possibly need any help. Let's go.

10. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    ^lol

i haven't read that much about him, but he was awesome in FH

11. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    O yay!!!!!This place is fun!!

My thoughts on Soontir.

I really think people take him as a stiff old guy with no emotion. He is supposed to be like that (I know) but I think he does have alot of character potential. I think he and Jag are very similar in emotions etc. and if he were to be in any books and have more character development, we might end up having a soontir fel fanclub. He could end up being very similar to Jag.

Ok like the Jag Fel Fan Club... they have senators and stuff. I think we should appoint Rebelgirl as our senator. If everyone oks that, she needs to pick two aids... (I've been reading over in the Galactic Senate thats what they were doing) for if she's away or w/e. We don't nesscarily need a sen. I thought I'd mention it b/c thats what most places have...

12. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Yay!!! It's here!!! :D :D :D

I'm so happy . . . .

Soontir is awesome (just to jump on the bandwagon :p). My favorite thing about him is that he has a lot of character depth--he was the first really sympathetic totally "Imperial" character, who joined the Alliance, and went back to the Empire--and all of these things were dealt with in a realistic and sympathetic way. In fact, I started out liking Jag just because of his awesome father when pretty much all I knew about him was that he was Soontir Fel's son ;).

Senators and such sound like a good idea . . . .

13. Gloria

Nov 8, 2004
    Same here! I was like, "Fel! *cling*" :p

I also really liked the few parts he had in the Han Solo trilogy, Hutt's Gambit or something? He was, like you said, sympathetic. You cared for him. He didn't like to be the ruthless man that the Imperials wanted. He didn't want to murder innocents and raze an entire city-planet just to look for one man. [:D]

14. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    ^^did i read that the wrong way or did you just describe Kyp?

15. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Soontir was the first Imperial I really felt they made a decent character--though Pellaeon was pretty sympathetic too. But Soontir was just so awesome and sympathetic and bad-ass.

16. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    What I like about Soontir (besides those broad shoulders [face_love]) is the fact that he was one of the first Imperials to redeem the Empire and make it cool to wear the olive gray/white uniform with shiny black boots.

I like that he's such a decent man, but he also holds true to his Imperial values. He's NOT a Rebel, and I like that.

17. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Inara, you are very right. And for me, at least, decency+Imperialness+not-a-Rebel+broad shoulders+pilot=[face_love] [face_love] [:D]

18. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    Wow.

It's alive!

No offense to you guys, but....

Let's just say I had a lack of faith. :p

I've not read all that much Soontir...I did love that part about the 'counting' in Force Heretic. [face_love] My start of liking the Fel family seems to be the oppisite of ya'll's: I read Jag, loved him, then realized, "Hey! There are more Fels!" So I started looking them up in Wookieepedia and places like that.

19. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    ^^lol

Let's see there's :

Soontir
    Syal (aka Wynessa Starflare)
    **Chak
    Davin
    Jag
    Cem
    Cherith
    Wynessa

not specifically in age order
    **We're not sure if he's his own person or same person as Davin or Jag...

20. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    *looks around stubbornly* Chak is his own person.

Let's just assume that for now, shall we?

Am I right in stating: Syal (Wynssa Starflare) + Soontir (parents)

Chak (eldest)
    Davin
    Cherith
    Jag
    Cem
    Wynssa (youngest)

21. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    [:D]

I totally agree. As fun as the Chak clone theories are to speculate (and really, can I blame the Ewok for this:p), I seriously doubt Zahn was that elaborate on the history of who really is a minor character. It makes more sense that Zahn's ego got the better of him, and he wrote in his own characters and as usual, disregarded continuity, thus leaving Denning, the Retcon King, to fix them.

22. JaggedFel568

JaggedFel568 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2005
    Yea, Rebel!! It's about time we hvae a fan club for the whole Fel gang! And I agree with appointing Rebel as our senator/president.

23. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    Chak is his own person and he's awesome...i need a new word...i'll come back later with a new one...=]

24. goddess45

Jun 17, 2005
    ok! Don't be mad at me for saying he might be someone else. What I should have said was he was a Chiss version of a name. I DO NO believe Chak is the same person and Jag, or Davin (whoever). I was only saying what has been thrown out into the SW universe.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You guys are forgetting the Fels from Family Ties. ;)

Anyway, this thread isn't even close to qualifying for senatorial representation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.