main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**The FF-UK fantasy football league - 08/09 season**

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by orn-free-tada, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    The Hideous Love Child of the FFUK and Football returns for another year of football frolics as the 'FF-UK fantasty football league' gets ready for the 08/09 season (Yay). Fasten up your shorts, on with your socks and .... actually this image isn't going to get any prettier - I'll just get on with it:

---- Past Winners ---
    *04/05* Loon FC (Ross McDonald)
    *05/06* Welshguy Rovers (Wayne Mullins)
    *06/07* Welshguy Rovers (Wayne Mullins)
    *07/08* Jase's Mavericks (Jason Curtis)
    -----------

FF-UK Fantasy Premier League Rules

1) All teams entering must be FF-UK/JC Forums members.

2) The team scoring the lowest point scores in a gameweek will be gamebanned for 24 hours. Furthermore, they will have to put up with the custom title, Football Loser, until the next gameweek. This is to encourage competitiveness between teams.

3) In the event of two or more teams getting the joint-lowest point scores in a gameweek, the lowest ranking team will receive the gameban.

4) All gamebanned accounts must fill in an unban request to be unbanned.

5) The eventual winner of FF-UK Fantasy Premier League will receive a VIP-ship and colours for a time to be sorted out between halibut and myself. Most likely 2 weeks to one months worth.

Like last years Registration process, if you were in the leagues last year you should automatically be put straight through. If you are new to the league this year (or having problems) the code you will need is 77099-20761

Orn's Ball-kickers are in ( accompanied with yellow socks) - I think I might do it this year!

right, then ... :) x

2. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
  3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Coolio! Can I make one request. Can people please keep the same football team names or change their team names to reflect thier FFUK handle, as I don't know most of your real names and
    its a bit tricky to figure out what poster is running which team.

Also, as we doing the Welshguy Cup this year? I suggested it at the end of last season and it seemed pretty popular.

Oh, and I will destroy you all!!!!!!!

Though rumors I have taken Robbie Fowler on a years contract is just a rumor....

4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Can you remind me what the WG Cup is

5. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    It runs in synch to the FA Cup.

All the names are put into a hat and drawn out at random into pairs.

"Cup" games for the FFUK League will be played via Premier League games a week before the actuall FA cup games take place.

Who ever scores the most points between the two teams in the Welshguy Cup (via Premier League weekly scores) goes into the next round (to coincide with the FA Cup round).

You might have to figure out how many rounds we'll need, depending on how many teams are entered (so the compeition may not start till the FA Cup 3rd for example).

The winner will receive bragging rights and colours on their FFUK account.

You could also run a League Cup competition if you wanted.

And i'm open to suggestions about the name of the Cup, though I think the Welshguy Cup has a nice ring to it. ;)

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I prefer the "Spike and halibut Cup" personally :p Think we'll go with that one ;)

7. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    All signed up and ready to go. No doubt my team will change several times over the coming month but I will still triumph!

8. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Still waiting a bit before I select a team.

What day does the season start, again?

9. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    6 teams thus far - need more :)

10. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I'm in. Hopefully I'll do better than a mid-table finish this time.

11. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    OK I've joined up and this time I'm going to do better then mid-table, come on ObiWanCon FC.

12. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    ok joined league..used auto to select a team for now will be updating as we get closer to start of season. still plenty of transfers to be made before then so will have to wait to see how those pan out. Team Name L_S Galaxy

13. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I'm in, but my team is subject to extensive change before the start of the season.

Probably a lot of transfers gonna happen, so there's no point in setting it up in too much detail.

Just hope Santa-Cruz and Bentley stay at Blackburn. If they both stay, I have a feeling my boys will have a good year.

Having said that, Bentley I could live without. But Roque we gotta keep. I mean, have you seen how good looking he is!!!

Compaire him to the Hammer House of Horror rejects that is the Man Utd front line. They should not even be allowed to even look in his direction.

Its an insult to think that someone like him has been linked with a move to the front line freak show.

14. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Spalibut?

15. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Well, I have made my return to Management. After losing my position at Raccoon City, I have had to look for alternative work. I was offered a position and had to take it. So now, I shall be looking to take the title with the mighty Royston Vasey AFC

16. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Terrious FC reporting for duty.

17. khabarakh23

khabarakh23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2005
    khab's kickers ready to conquer all.... hopefully. I'll probably tweak the team before kick-off but at least i have a team.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Richie's Wonder Boys are in, hopefully when I return from holiday I've not lost too many points :p

19. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Hey guys, the JC Arena Forum League has just started in this thread here. Go ahead and sign up. Enter the code 146355-140264 and you're in :D

20. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Can I join up? I already made a team earlier so it doesn't have my JC username. I'm Daniel David with the Jungle Cubs.

21. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Certainly :D

22. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm in to make up the numbers again

23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Typical, I go on holiday for 2 weeks and then Fabregas is injured, so I can't change him having made him my captain :_|

24. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Well not too bad a start, it can only go downhill from here.

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Terrible start, damn not being able to make changes before the kick-offs [face_frustrated]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.