The "FF-UK Scotland Recommends" thread ... Film, TV, books, games, music etc

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by JED1, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
    What do you guys currently recommend to your fellow posters in the following categories (With thanks to Tim B in the North for the idea for this thread)

Film: I am Legend - Although not quite following the book, a brilliantly acted, visually stunning experience.

TV: The current repeats of the Two Ronnies on UK Gold are brilliant, take me right back to my teens!

Book: The Star Wars Vault - Fantastic, just fantastic! BUY IT NOW!

Games: Assassin's Creed on the X-Box 360 - Great story, fluid controls and a visual masterpiece

Music: Mothership by Led Zeppelin - All the songs you love cleaned up and remastered, just awesome!
  2. I_AM_GEEK Jedi Master

star 4
    Game: Mass Effect - If you have a 360 and a forum account and dont have this game you should be banned.

Music: Jesse Sykes - Reckless Burning, great album

TV: Family Guy - Blue Harvest, star wars IV parody episode LOLZ

Book: The Braided Path - By Chris Wooding great adult oriental flavoured fantasy trilogy, thats far from middle earth ( thank god)
  3. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Music: Alestorm, Captain Morgan's Revenge. As the booklet says: True Scottish Pirate Metal!

:p
  4. Miso_Jace Jedi Knight

star 1
    Film: Oldboy - Fantastic Korean film, get it watched before Hollywood finds it & rapes it!

Book: The Sea, The Sea by Iris Murdoch, just beautiful.

Games: GTA 4 on XBox360, so much fun, but can make you a bug-eyed social recluse.

Music: The Shins - Wincing The Night Away - utter perfection!
  5. MrDankDonk Force Ghost

star 4
    Film: y'know, I could watch Galaxy Quest once a day for the rest of my life, and not tire of it. Probably. Or Hellboy.
    In the cinemas now, I heartily recommend Iron Man

TV: Heroes, Flight of the Conchords, the Sky at Night

Book: 'Consider Phlebas' by iain m banks is a good stsrting point in his outrageous sci-fi universe

Games: Zelda on gamecube, Tiger Woods on Wii

Music: looking forward to 'The Liberty of Norton Folgate'. If you don't know what that is, well, you have my pity :)
    New Halfmanhalfbiscuit CD 'CSI Ambleside' isn't bad either, but maybe not as good as their laat one, 'Achtung Bono'
  6. Miso_Jace Jedi Knight

star 1
    Film: Watched The Savages last night, excellent film, funny & poignant in one fell swoop!

Book: Chinua Achebe - Things Fall Apart. A favourite book of Nelson Mandela while in prison, this book is good for the soul.

Games: Despite never having watched a single episode of the show, I'm enjoying Lost: Via Domus. I enjoy puzzle/adventure games, they remind me of the old point & click numbers I used to play constantly when I was a youngin.

Music: Into The Wild soundtrack by Eddie Vedder, beautiful and haunting as the film itself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.