main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Fictitious Pregnancy of Mara Jade: The Epilogue UPDATED 1/25/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jayden112233, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayden112233

Jayden112233 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    A special thank you to my beta readers Elizabeth and Allison. You ladies are terrific....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This story is inspired by a catchy little saying that hangs on my mother-in-law?s wall. (author unknown)
    ?I?m sure you understood what you think I said, but I?m not sure that you realize, what you heard is not
    what I meant.?
    ------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: All characters belong to Lucas films and Timothy Zahn. I am making no money nor claiming any rights to characters.

The Fictitious Pregnancy of Mara Jade

Setting: Three years after The Last Command on Coruscant.

Spoilers: None, this is strictly an AU story.

Prolog: Talon Karrde and crew had came to Coruscant to attend inservices on current trade rights of the New Republic. Karrde had just left one such meeting and walked to a nearby eatery for a late breakfast.
    There he ran into his second in command, Mara Jade.

Chapter One: Mara and Talon

The midmorning sun kissed the back of the man?s shoulders as he made his way through the city streets to a secluded tavern he often frequented when he was on this planet. The morning assembly on the
    trade commission, showcasing keynote speaker Borsch Fey?lya, had left him feeling weary and drained. He theorized a late breakfast was just the thing to prepare him for the next round of inservices with the
    garrulous Bothan.

Talon Karrde walked though the double doors of the tavern and was met with the quiet, subdued lighting that contrasted pleasantly with the busy city. As his eyes adjusted to the to the low illumination, he began to search for his second in command, Mara Jade. He smiled to himself as he remembered how she had tricked him into attending today?s meetings with the promise she would attend tomorrow?s. He later discovered that Leia Organa Solo would be tomorrow?s keynote speaker for the conference who, in Karrde?s opinion, was a very engaging speaker at the podium.

He soon found Mara sitting in a rear booth of the pub, which offered a clear view of all the entrances in the room. As he studied her profile, he marveled privately at the subtle changes that had occurred in the young woman since he had first come to know her a few years back. Gone was the aura of anger and hate, leaving behind a gentle beauty that few would dare to mention. Most people were of an understanding it would be a mistake to let their guard down around her, for she still held a menacing presence and was considered to be one of the deadliest women in the galaxy. Talon, however, knew that it now mostly a front she carefully manifested to keep others at bay. He sighed as he realized how much he had grown to love her. She was probably the closest thing to a daughter he would ever have. As he approached the table and sat down, she customarily was the first to speak.

?Karrde, I finally figured out what?s wrong with that stupid, temperamental vornskr of yours,? the young woman declared as she picked at a sweet roll.

A vornskr was normally a four-legged nocturnal mammal with long legs and an even longer tail used as a whip in the hunt of its prey . Talon had long ago had the tails of his two pet vornskrs removed, which
    seemed to reduce the beasts aggression, although did not diminish the animals? instinct to attack Force sensitive beings. However he had not, due to her young age, removed the tail on his female vornskr.

?Now Mara, Red is not temperamental. She?s just ?particular?, like a lot of women I know,? he admonished.

Mara shot him an annoyed look. ?I am not particular. I just like things done to my satisfaction.?

Talon raised an eyebrow, amusement shown in his eyes. ?Of course Mara, but I wasn?t referring to you.?

She snorted in disbelief. ?Yeah, and you just happened to name her ?Red?, because of her beautiful reddish fur.?

?Actually, it was Luke who came up with that name. I had nothing to do with it.?

?Skywalker?? She replied in mock disdain. ?He?s as

2. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    LOL! I'm hooked!

3. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    LM*AO, this is GREAT!!!!!!!!

4. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Jayden, I LOVE this! I can just imagine the look on poor Han's face as he was listening to their conversation. I can only attempt to imagine the chaos that is going to ensue! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I can't wait to see more of this! :) :)

5. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    WHOO-HOO-HOO!!! [face_laugh]

I love awkward situations, and it can't get any worse than this!!! A fiasco of this magnitude will leave a blast radius bigger than the Arizona 'roid crater!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

6. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    LOL..This is too funny. I can't wait to hear Leia reaction to this.

7. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    ROTFLMAO! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

This is great! :D I can't wait to see where you take it! Oh my . . . what an original and hilarious idea! *bows before Jayden* :p

8. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Funny start! I'll be looking forward to more.

9. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    this is when the trouble begins

10. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    You got her obaness to bow! This is truly great! ;)

11. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    Oooooohhhhh... [face_laugh] [face_laugh] OMG!!!! Han is gonna spread the "news" and Mara is gonna kill him!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I want moooooooooore!!!!! :p

12. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    LOL great! [face_laugh]

Can't wait for more!!!

13. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    [face_laugh] OMG!!!!!! This is great!!!! :D I can just see the misunderstanding flowing freely throughout the galaxy. :p

14. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    LOL! This is going to be great! Keep it up. :D

16. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    LoL Jayden. This is great!! I'm officially hooked.

;) Paige

17. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
  18. Jayden112233

Sep 21, 2003
    EmilieDarklighter
    LOL! I'm hooked!

Thank you!

_3MD_PsychoSniper
    LM*AO, this is GREAT!!!!!!!!

Hope you enjoy the rest.

kayladie97
    I can only attempt to imagine the chaos that is going to ensue!

I'm gonna try and surprise you.

ThePariah
    I love awkward situations,

Good, I think there might be a few in here.

darkladyhannasolo
    LOL..This is too funny. I can't wait to hear Leia reaction to this.

Wait to you hear how she finds out.

obaona
    what an original and hilarious idea! *bows before Jayden*

Wow, my head just got incredibly enormous. Thank you.

Jedi-2B
    Funny start! I'll be looking forward to more.

Good, more coming soon.

LumiKuningatar
    this is when the trouble begins

How could there possibly be any trouble? ;)

EmilieDarklighter
    You got her obaness to bow! This is truly great!

Thank you. I hope I continue to please. [face_blush]

Ireth_Tasartir
    Oooooohhhhh... OMG!!!! Han is gonna spread the "news" and Mara is gonna kill him!!!!

Come now, he's only trying to help...*hee hee hee*

LaYa_
    LOL great! Can't wait for more!!!

Thank you! More soon.

Jaina_and_Jag
    I can just see the misunderstanding flowing freely throughout the galaxy.

Well, perhaps not the galaxy, at least not yet, :D but flowing freely isn't far off.

_3MD_PsychoSniper
    keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okie Dokie. ;)

talkingbanana
    LOL! This is going to be great! Keep it up.

Thank you! More soon.

Ariapaige
    LoL Jayden. This is great!! I'm officially hooked.

Thanks Paige.

Next 2 chapters on Sunday....

19. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    WOW! I wasn't expecting THAT one! That was great, especially the way Han tolk it, completely and utterly believable! I'll be watchnig this one.

20. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    WHAHHHOO this is aAWESOME!! we get more MORROW??? yeahhhhhhh

21. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    /sneaks up behind JG15
    BOOoOOOOOOoOOoO!!!!!!
    /JG15 faints
    QUICK, post more while shes out

22. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    What is u doing 3MD Following me>>>??? I am not out.. so POSTIE while he's not here

23. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
  24. Jayden112233

Sep 21, 2003
    Suzuki_Akira
    WOW! I wasn't expecting THAT one!

Good, glad I could surprise you.

JAGSGURL15 and _3MD_PsychoSniper

Don't make me have to separate you two.... 8-}

Here comes some more......

25. Jayden112233

Sep 21, 2003
    A special thank you to my beta readers Elizabeth and Allison for all their hard work. You ladies are
    terrific....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: All characters belong to Lucas films and Timothy Zahn. I am making no money nor claiming
    any rights to characters.

The Fictitious Pregnancy of Mara Jade

Chapter Three: Han and Chewie

Han raced into his apartment. He was winded having jogged the whole way back from the restaurant. ?Leia?? He called. He got a questioning growl in response. Seeing the Wookie across the room he remembered his wife was away with meetings all morning.

?Chewie, we?ve got to talk.? Looking around as he noticed how quiet the room was he asked. ?Where are the kids??

?Playing in their bedroom. What is so important?? The Wookie replied in his native language that Han
    could understand.

Han sat on the edge of the couch as could barely contain himself. The eagerness pervaded plainly upon
    his face. ?Okay, you can?t tell anyone this to anyone.?

The Wookie nodded in agreement.

?I was down at that pub near the palace. You know, the one Borsch Fey?lya got kicked out of last week??

Chewie smiled in remembrance.

Han continued in a whisper. ?I overheard Karrde and Ghent talking. Mara Jade is pregnant.?

The Wookie growled questionably.

?I know, I can?t believe it either. I think the baby is probably Luke?s. You know they?re always together. I think the kid?s been showing her the Force, if you know what I mean,? he said with a wink. If he had expected his friend to be excited, he was to be disappointed.

?What about Lando?? Chewie calmly asked.

Han paled a little. He had so quickly thought Luke was the father that he had forgotten all about Lando.
    Thinking back, he remembered Karrde?s comment earlier ?Well, now, I guess we?ve got in nailed down to
    two possibilities, don?t we?? Han let out a deep breath as he imagined how hurt the Kid would be if Mara
    had hooked up with Lando.

?Whew, I hadn?t though of that. Do you think the baby could be his? I mean, come on, Lando?? Han asked.

?You have met him, haven?t you? He is the biggest womanizer we know, and every time Jade is around he pants like a rancor in heat.?

Han grimaced as he let out a moan. ?Look, maybe we better do something about this. Karrde talked like
    he was going to get rid of Mara before the baby is born and you know how stubborn she is. It?d be just
    like her go off on her own and not tell anyone about the baby. I think we should feel out both Luke and
    Lando and see if either have been ?romancing? Jade.?

Chewie let out an angry roar. ?Karrde would fire Jade just for having a cub?? He had thought more of Karrde and was disappointed.

?I know, it?s disgusting, but we?ll deal with him later.? Han promised. ?Right now we need to help Luke, and Mara too. How ?bout you find Lando and I?ll go talk with the kid? But hey, don?t give anything away yet. Just find out some information on whether he and Mara have dated. Don?t tell him about he baby.?

?How do I do that?? Chewie inquired

?I don?t know, talk casual---but don?t look like you?re talking causal.?

With the plan set, Chewie left the apartment. No one noticed the shiny golden droid standing in the corner. ?Oh my, this is terrible. I must talk to Artoo-Detoo.?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Four: Threepio and Artoo

A prissy golden droid tapped the comlink as he waited for a response. ?Artoo? Artoo? Artoo-Detoo, what are you doing??

A beep was the response.

?I?m sure Master Luke needs his hyperdrive fixed, but our assistance is needed. Trader Jade is with child.?

Artoo gave a mournful beep.

?No I don?t know if Master Luke is the father.?

Artoo?s beeps seemed relieved.

?Well that?s beside the point. I know Trade Jade had threatened to blast you into space several times, but she is in great trouble. This is disastrous. She does not hav

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.