main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Fictitious Pregnancy of Mara Jade: The Epilogue UPDATED 1/25/04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jayden112233, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    THERE KRIFFING BETTER BE MORESOON

2. Jayden112233

Jayden112233 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    Benjor45
    This is priceless... What a great series! You've got some hylarious stuff here!

Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

The initial misunderstanding between Luke and Lando... Priceless

Wait until Luke talks to Mara! ;)

And another Mara fan who doesn't bash Lando to within an inch of his life!

Well, I kinda like Lando (use to have a crush on him when I was younger *shhh, don't tell anyone*). He and Leia make good antagonists when there isn't a villian in the story, but I like to make him a good guy.

_3MD_PsychoSniper
    as usual, the men figure it out

And as usual, they've got all wrong! [face_laugh]
    Sorry, you set it so nicely; I couldn't resist. Just kidding you. More coming this week.

JAGSGURL15
    that was great the Men figured it out and Luke admitted to being in Love With HER!!

It's about time too. Usually it takes him a decade to figure out that he loves Mara.

maramijade
    Mara and Leia, both talking about the same thing, and yet at the same time, two things completely different. . . Priceless

Thanks. I tried to think of a way they could talk about the "baby", yet Mara wouldn't figure out what was going on.

The beging of the Luke/Lando scene was marvelous. I loved the imagery. . . absolutely beautiful

Wow! Thank you again.

Ireth_Tasartir
    I'm speechless...This is great!!!!!!

Thank you also!

When do we get more????

Probably later this week.

Thank you everyone. You make it worth writing. Two posties left: Chp 10 (Luke and Mara) and then a very short Epilogue.

3. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    [face_laugh] Great.. really... [face_laugh]

More :D

4. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    This story is great! More soon?

5. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Still more confusing was why the Chief of State of the New Republic would be interested in vornskrs.

LOL!

I didn't think it was possible to have so much miscommunication in characters' dialogue. You've turned it into a fine art.

At least Luke and Lando got part of what's going on cleared up, though they still think Mara's involved with some mysterious third person.

I'll be sorry to see this story end. :D

6. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    Up while we wait!!!! ;)

I need moooooooore!!!!! :p

7. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    :p I need more too!!!

UP!

8. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    [face_laugh] Oh, I love this. Hehe, just goes to show that the act of jumping to conclusions rarely leads to a happy landing. :p

I have to see how this ends. More, soon, please.

9. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Up.

More soon?

10. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    Jayden!! Well, I thought Luke would be subtle, but this way worked well too. I'm glad the two of them have come to an agreement at least. Poor Luke. When he found out it wasn't either of them, he must have died a little...
    And then... (because those two parts deserve totally separate reviews) ...There was the Leia and Mara portion. :eek: Leia may never speak to Mara again...-_-;; I can't wait to find out what happens between Luke and Mara.

;) Paige

11. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    UPPS waiting half way patiently yeah uhhhuh if u believe that ur nuttts...

12. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Uppers!!!!! :D

MORE,MORE,MORE!!!!! :D

13. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Uppies!!

14. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    UUUUUUUUUUP!

15. Jayden112233

Sep 21, 2003
    LaYa_
    More

As you wish!

-Trickster-
    This story is great!

Thank you.

Jedi-2B
    I didn't think it was possible to have so much miscommunication in characters' dialogue. You've turned it into a fine art.

Ah shucks, [face_blush] twas nothing.

I'll be sorry to see this story end.

Wow, thank you.

Ireth_Tasartir
    I need moooooooore!!!!!

Okay....here you go.

LaYa_
    I need more too!!!

;)

J_M_Bulldog
    Oh, I love this. Hehe, just goes to show that the act of jumping to conclusions rarely leads to a happy landing.

Hmmm, we'll see....

-Trickster-
    More soon?

Coming up.

Ariapaige
    Jayden!! Well, I thought Luke would be subtle, but this way worked well too.

Well, I think he was mad a Lando and his feeling just got carried away a little. Maybe he'll be subtle with Mara, maybe....

Leia may never speak to Mara again...-_-;;

That or (if my fic didn't end so soon) Leia would have pestered her throughout the whole fake pregnancy, or until she learned the truth about Mara. Thanks for the comments.

JAGSGURL15
    UPPS waiting half way patiently yeah uhhhuh if u believe that ur nuttts...

I may be nuts yet, the jury is still out. *hee hee*

Ireth_Tasartir
    LaYa_
    -Trickster-

Upping right away

16. Jayden112233

Sep 21, 2003
    Disclaimer: All characters belong to Lucas films and Timothy Zahn. I am making no money nor claiming
    any rights to characters.

The Fictitious Pregnancy of Mara Jade

Chapter Ten: Luke and Mara

?Sith spit!? The young woman cursed as she fiddled with her latest addition to her pride and joy, the Jade?s Fire. The new computer Ghent had installed was suppose to make the ship twice as efficient and boost power in the hyper drive by 12%, but the asinine, temperamental programming unit was a testy thing that seemed bent on trying the limits of the red-head?s patience.

Adding another curse, Mara chucked the small holo light across the hull. She had been working in the cramp, dark cabinet underneath the computer, fiddling with all the intricate wiring. For some reason, a
    connection was not being made between the mother board of the new computer and the mainframe of the ship. So absorbed in her project, she failed to sense the presence of the Jedi Master standing in the
    hatchway of the bridge.

?Tsk tsk,? Luke scolded. ?That?s really no way for a Jedi to talk Mara. One will think you have no patience.?

Jumping a little in surprise, an embarrassed Mara turned to her unannounced visitor. ?Skywalker! One of these days I just may reinstate my death mark on you.?

?Ah, yes, but then you?d miss me. Besides Mara, who would you torture and harass if not me?,? he teased.

?Hah! I?d find someone,? she assured him.

?Maybe, but would he be able to give as good as he got?

A smile formed on her beautiful face. ?Well then, maybe I?ll let you live...just this once. What are you doing anyway? I thought you?d be on Yavin.?

?Can?t a guy visit his pal when he?s in town?? He asked.

Although his face held perfect innocence, but Mara was not fooled. With a sigh she pointed out, ?Skywalker, you are about as subtle as I am delicate. Out with it. What?s your real motive for coming here??

Suddenly realizing the enormity of the task he had placed before himself, Luke hesitated before answering. He wasn?t sure how to begin this sort of conversation with a woman so determinedly independent. In the end, he decided to be blunt. ?I heard about the baby.?

Mara was confused briefly, and then she remember to whom she was talking. Luke Skywalker, former commander of the Rogue Squadron and a die-hard pilot at heart, of course he had found about her new
    computer and was dying to find out what it could do. Only he, and maybe Solo, would refer to any addition to a ship as a ?baby?. Not that she didn?t understand this, after all, the Jade?s Fire was, in all practicalities, her baby.

?Yeah, I?ve been assured that once it was in, I?d love it, but now I?m not so sure. It?s been nothing but trouble,? Mara admitted.

His heart filled with sympathy as he gently inquired, ?Have you though about what you plan to do with it??

Mara shrugged, ?I guess I?ll keep it. It?d be too much work to get rid of it now.?

Although shocked at her callous demeanor, he squelched any outward show of disapproval. With a practiced patience, he questioned, ?Won?t you need some help if you keep it??

Annoyance crossed her features. ?And why would I need any help??

?Well, it?s just that, ah, well, don?t you think you might need a man to help out with...things?? He fumbled out.

Clearly angry, Mara retorted, ?I can do anything a man can do, and better too.?

?Well, it?s a man who got this whole thing started.? He had had enough dancing around the subject. He desperately needed to know who the baby?s father was.

?Ghent may have done the initial programming and installation, but I?ve done the rest.?

?Ghent?? He couldn?t even begin to conceal his shock. He stared open mouthed at her for a full minute, as he tried to comprehend her words. Finally he confessed, ?I never thought you and he would do
    something like this.?

?Why not? We both work for Karrde and Ghent didn?t mind helping. When I told him what I wanted to do, he was more than willing. In fact,

17. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    that was a hilarious story. [face_laugh] Great job and looking forward to the epilogue.

18. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    I'm between [face_laugh] and [face_love]

This story is great!!! And I can't wait to read the epilogue...If it's half as hilarious as the rest of the story I'll die,I swear!!!! :D

19. Jasa_Solo

Jasa_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2003
    LMFAO!!!!!!!

THAT ROCKED!!!!!!!!

20. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    ?Why not? We both work for Karrde and Ghent didn?t mind helping. When I told him what I wanted to do, he was more than willing. In fact, I think he was pretty excited. I offered to pay him, but he wouldn?t accept anything. He said he was glad to do it and offered to do any fine tweaking I might need in the future.?

I was shrieking with laughter, and believe you me, that's not a pretty sight... my sister came in while I was reading.. she said I sounded like I was about to suffocate... LOL

this fic is fantastic

21. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    This was hilarious! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] And it had a happy ending, too! :D

22. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    I just found this one and I do hope the "Archive" takes it!
    I would love to see the cover artwork!
    ROTFLSHICBE!
    (Rolling On the Floor Laughing So Hard I Can't Believe It)
    Reb

23. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    Skywalker, you are about as subtle as I am delicate.
    This is definitely the high point of my day! I can't wait to see the epilogue.

;) paige

24. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    hmmmmm a very short epilouge that ends in something not quite so ficticious? :)

:D heheh

25. Reesie

Reesie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    ooh [face_devil]

That'll be fun story to tell the non-fictional kids some day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.