main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Fields of Elysia - (Qui/Obi, OCs, JA) - *9th Update - 23/9*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ithesock, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Note 1: With [:D] to the talented VaderLVR64 for...

a. Creating the marvelous Jinn family - Amri-Lon Jinn, Lenora, Exeldor, And Jesetta belong to her. She created them in her fic 'Far From Home' - of which this fic is an off-shoot.

b. Letting me play with them. :D Thanks [face_love]!

Qui and Obi belong to GL, of course.

Note 2: The title is a variation of the 'Elysian Fields' - I merely took some fanficcer license and changed it a bit. I did it keeping in mind the theme of the warrior coming back home...and because of the planet in question - I think it fits the description.

Hope you like it.

The Fields of Elysia

He sat down by a luxuriant Petri bush, relaxing under the shade of a straggling pulmé tree.

In front of him, vast fields stretched out as far as his eyes could see, their borders defined by bright markers. Not that it mattered?all the fields up to the Meneri Hills, rising gently in the distance were his. Further away to the right, River Meneri twirled its way towards the sea, glinting in the sunlight. Blue skies spread their way above, broken occasionally by a swarm of lazy shimmer-flies.

Amri-Lon Jinn leaned his chin on his sturdy stick?cut from the very same pulmé tree now giving him shelter?and gave vent to a sigh. It was not a sign of weariness, despair or dismay?but rather one of content. Digging his booted feet into the rich soil below, he relaxed further.

He had reason to.

The Goddess had been remarkably good to him. From his humble beginnings, he had managed to scratch a living that had yielded great success. He was now the owner of some of the richest, most fertile lands in the Gergen sector; a fact that had simultaneously increased his social status. He had a son and a daughter?both healthy, wealthy enough in their own right, aside from what they would receive upon his passing, his grandchildren ?and then there was Lenora?his wife; the warm light that lit up their comfortable home. Rare indeed was a marriage that still sustained all the happiness that had existed at its inception?if anything, the bond had strengthened, fortified by the numerous joys and sorrows that they had witnessed over the years. They had had their share of illnesses, and both were frailer now?by the Goddess, but we are old?but the last, final coldness would take some time to come, he thought.

Far above him, a day-bird twittered. If death must approach, then this would be the right time. When all was quiet, and peace prevailed. For he was happy.

Am I, he wondered. Was there not a secret ache within him? Did not Lenora share that tiny pin-prick of emotion, every night, before she went to bed? Gods, after all these years, after so many events?after a son and daughter?

It was pointless, he knew. Pointless, and irrelevant, to think of something?someone, decades after that presence had departed. Departed for a life that he could not give?would not give, if truth be told, again. He was a farmer, and he excelled with plants, and if his Lenora was happy enough to forsake the life she had been born to, and had spent her years with him happily?there was no reason to suppose that he?the One that had left?would have thought the same. Especially when The Little One was gifted in a way none in his own family?or anyone he knew were.

The decision had been taken when The Little One was only a few months old; neither he nor Lenora had regretted it?well, most of the time. Little One was meant for greatness, for honour, for adventure?for others. His life would be well-spent. Indeed, judging by the rather garbled version of reports they gathered over the holo-news, and by rumours that trickled into even his peaceful little farmland from their neighbours, the Jedi were doing enormous good?it was what they were meant for. He had known this for years?and his heart often swelled with a relief and pride

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Damn straight you are going to continue it. Oh, this was lovely. The descriptions and the way he kept thinking about his son, his little one and how he ached to see him again. You did an excellent job of the loss that he never seemed to get over. And now he is going to get his wish. Cool.

Eagerly awaiting your next post.

3. ithesock

Mar 12, 2005
    LOL, Lady D... "Be Careful What You Wish For." [face_laugh]

[:D] Thanks so much. Glad you liked the opening - I wondered if it'd pass muster. :)

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Sweeeeeet! Glad VaderLVR64 is letting ya do this!! [face_dancing] He gets to meet his munchkin!! [face_blush] well... he ain't much of a munchkin now [face_laugh] In his late 40s or early 50s now!

And you're gonna continue it? Yay! :D

Awesome job! Loved the musings of Amri! Poor guy :( wondering about his is Little One.

5. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    Ah ha, the chains hold you still, I see ;)

I love this, and I can't wait to see how it folds out. I'm selfishly interested to see how Qui-Gon's family will take to Obi-Wan, and how Obi-Wan, with his penchent for feeling somewhat ousted from Qui-Gon's affections, will take to playing the outsider again. Could cause a slight rift, I'm thinking...

Lovely work. If you are very good us hungry fanatics will let you away from the PC for ten minutes every week. But only if you are good. [face_love]

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oooooh I can't wait for more of this one! They finally get to see their son again...after all these years...

Brilliant -- now I"m REALLY wondering who you are :p

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    HOw incredibly sweet... all of Amri-Lon musings on his Little One was so sad and sweet. I cannot wait for the next post!

8. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    That was so lovely...you captured the tranquility of a summer's day beautifully. Loved how that led into thoughts of the son he'd given away.

This started so serenely...somehow, I doubt that'll continue. :p

Shaindl

PS: Bloody hell! Forgot to add that in for you... :D

9. ithesock

Mar 12, 2005
    Kynstar...a munchkin is a munchkin is a...eh, well. You get the idea. He may be a 100, but he'll still be 'Little One' to his parents. [if you can still hold a certain geriatric Count dear... :D. But I understand. As the master of my favourite, he holds a special place in my Hall of Fame. Despite getting scissored off. :( ) Glad you dropped in. :)

River_Stone...You. Are. Evil. First you chain me up to a PC, drive my muse nuts...and then you have to get clairvoyant as well. Aaargh. [shakes fist] And only ten minutes! [settles down at PC, mumbling] gettoworkgettowork...

Layren...thank'ee kindly. Keep guessing. :D

Healer_Leona...thanks for dropping in. Am cooking up the next post. :)

Shaindl... [face_laugh]. Thank you. Not too serene, no.

>>>Bloody hell! Forgot to add that in for you... >>>

After everything I do...she still forgets it. Almost. :D [throws a pitch-fork half-heartedly] A comment from you isn't complete without that all important word. :D

Now for the rage of the week...lurkers, dear ones, come out and get a hug! [:D]

10. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Ack!

NEW STORY! NEW STORY! NEW STORY! NEW STORY!!!!!

And I was informed! ~blush~

~bows~ Thank you Master ithesock!

~pounces on the new story and reads eagerly~

Wah!

Another wonderful peice of work! When do we get another post???

Ah! Poor Amri and Lenora! I feel very sad for them. C'est tres triste! They gave away thier "little one", who is no longer so little... and has a little one of his own in a manner of speaking.

What in the world is Master Qui-Gon doing to make his apprentice yell so that Amri believes that the boy is being murdered? ~sighs~ It's a good thing that I know that Qui and Obi love eachother, or I might have been really worried there for a moment.

I really can't get enough of the banter you creat between our two favorite Jedi. So I must once again compliment it.

Amri's reaction to the fruit and then to the realization that they are Jedi are wonderful.

I wonder how he'll react when Qui annouces himself and his padawan.

~ponders~

Qui: I am most sorry. We were involved in our excerises... I do hope no harm was done?

Amri: ~brief pause of amazment.~ No! No, not at all.

Qui and Obi: ~bow~

Qui: Let me introduce ourselves, this is my Padawan learner, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and I am Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Amri: ~thunk~

Obi: Look what you've done now Master...

~end ponderings and giggles~

I really can't wait for more!

This looks like it will become just as wonderful as "Leaves"!

Keep it up Master!

With all devotion,
    Seven

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This exceeded even my very high expectations! I love what you did with Amri-Lon. He is just was I pictured him. Exactly! :D

I simply can't wait to see what happens next! =D=

12. Kadi

Kadi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    *Does a little happy dance*

Yay! You started another fic. :D :D :D

I really like the carefree moment between our two favorite jedi. :)

So, can we count on another post soon? :D

13. meg_an2006

meg_an2006 Jedi Knight

Mar 4, 2005
    This was a wonderful beginning and I loved the teasing back and forth between Obi and Qui. Too Cute! Can't wait to read more!

14. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    A wonderful start to what I am sure will be an amazing story! =D=

15. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    more more

16. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Oh, this is lovely! Can't wait to see where you take this :)

Excellent job, ithesock!

17. ithesock

Mar 12, 2005
    Seven...you and your ponderings. [face_laugh] . I'm gathering more clairvoyant readers than I can afford. Welcome aboard, and thank you for your very kind response, m'dear.

VaderLVR64...Hee. I hope this passes muster. Thank you! :)

Kadi...[rewards Kadi for her entertaining dance] - thank you. :D. Here's your post.

meg_an2006...welcome! More you will have. :)

MY-T-Chewbacca...another new reader! Yay! [borrows Kadi's 'happy dance' steps] - welcome, and thanks. :)

PadawanKitara... ah, PK, missed your guesses. 'More', you say? Your wish has been granted. :D

sheleigh...welcome Sheleigh [more happy dances!] Thanks so much. :)

Message to lurkers (if any) - come out, and get [:D] - also a little something, if you do. [No, I won't reveal what that is. :D ]

And now...what you've been waiting for. Sort of.

II

Lunch in the Bord?ah household, home to the Gergen sector-chief, was usually a hurried affair, as it involved much rushing back and forth between cooking and dining area by menials, and rapid, crossfire remarks, questions and exclamations?usually unconnected?between said sector-chief and his chosen partner of fate (or a vengeful destiny, as the chief put it to himself during one of his more exhausted moments), after which the chief nearly always departed to his place of work as quickly as possible. It was rather difficult to plead work and stay at Headquarters all hours of the day; Gergen was one of the more peaceful sectors (barring the ruckus thrown up by supposedly ?peaceful? elections), and Drie always insisted that he come home to enjoy a ?restful? lunch.

Thus the wearied chief, absently picking his way through a plateful of wilted leaves and bulbs.

?One chick-ling lost?have you spoken to the authorities about the thefts, yet?? Came a shrill voice.

Ah, chick-lings. Roasted and served with rich, red, orick-sauce?

Arid Bord?ah shook his head, and gave a grunt in response. Such delicacies were a thing of the past?a past of trimmer waistlines, fitter bodies, and youth. Throwing half a look at his irate wife, he buried himself into the holo-newsnet, watching bright characters and images scrolling over the screen. The words made his head ache ? a fact that was communicated to his wife at once, by the crease that appeared between his brows.

?I?ve been telling you to get an Optic-Aide for months,? Drie Bord?ah frowned.

?Don?t need one,? was the mumbled reply. ?Vision?s perfect.?

?The day you listen to me, Arid?? began that worthy, if voluble female, to be stopped by her husband. ?It?s the Royal Assembly, isn?t it? That?s what you?ve been reading up on, haven?t you??

?That, yes,? sighed Arid Bord?ah, as he leant back. ?Not just that. It seems Jedi have arrived on Naboo.?

Drie shrugged as she rose and shook the folds of her elegant morning dress?which seemed to have mutinied against her efforts to mould it to her form, and now stood out in eight different directions. ?Nothing new, is there?? she arranged a flower nonchalantly. ?Any particular reason for their arrival??

Arid suppressed a smile?Drie was always interested in Naboo-wide political news regardless of how negligent she may appear. When one had spent all her childhood, he supposed, growing up as the daughter of a politician?s aide, one became set in one?s ways. It was a tool he used often, to side-track her mind off ?other issues.? Not that she did not recognize this?but it seemed to work, sometimes. As it did, now.

?NNS doesn?t give much information,? he answered, ignoring her snort. ?I could wrangle more from the Governor?s office???another derisive snort??But they seem to have carried some communiqué from the Council and Senator Palpatine, to the Queen.?

?Couriers from the Jedi Council?? Drie?s voice turned slightly shrill, indicative of her curiosity. ?And why?s the Senator sending communiqués through Jedi??

?It?s unlikely that either you or I will know, Drie,? replied Arid,

18. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    OH, that was great. I loved the way the social-climbing neighbors thought about the Jinns. The wife so wanting more from her normal existance and the husband also.
    And then there are the Jedi, playing in the woods. Amri enjoying the discussion, excited that he had finally seen Jedi again and he finds out that his son is standing before him. He got his wish. To meet his son just once. Seeing him as a Jedi and his own flesh and blood.

Lovely descriptions, great OCs and an intriguing plot. What more can anyone ask for except - another post!

Great job.

19. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    Really a joy to read! :) More!

20. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    LOL with Drie and Arid!

Poor Amri! What a way to meet your long lost son! [face_laugh] "Pardon?" hehehe

Great job! Loved the lil banter with the complexion ;)

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ARRGHHH! You can't stop there! I'm dying here! You've done such an amazing job with all of these characters. Much better than I did with them myself!

Oh, I can't wait to see what happens next! Vadey jumps up and down, up and down...BOINGY, BOINGY, BOINGY

When are you going to update again? Huh? Huh?

I can be really annoying when I want to be! I promise! [face_devil]

22. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    NEW POOOOOOOOST!

~pounces on it and reads in awed wonderment~

Master! That was amazing! Is there nothing you can't do!?

~pouts in a teasing manner~

And here I thought that my ponderings were just a little bit of a fancy! Clairvoyant, eh? More than you can afford? Does that mean you want me to leave?

~bows~

Now I will get to reviewing your post.

It was as usual a peice of a dream woven with written word into a portion of wondrous reality.

And I loved every second of it.

How seemlessly Amri joined in with thier banter was priceless, as was the mock scoulding.

All very well done.

And I swear that Qui and Obi will give poor Amri a heart attack. Though perhaps his wife would react better? I wonder if she'd give Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon cookies when they came. 'Cause I could a see a mother of a Jedi do that.

Mother: "You are very late young man. DECADES late! Now sit down! You're dinners been waiting all this time. It won't keep forever!"

~giggles~

Another great post and can I beg prettily for more?

~big blue-grey puppy dog eyes~

Pleeeeeeeeeease?

With all devotion,
    Seven

23. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, that was just beautiful. The repetition of Amri-Lon's wondering about blue eyes was really good. I think the social climber there is going to cause quite a bit of trouble - especially when she hears the rumours about the Jinns are true. :D

Diane said it best - great descriptions, OCs and plot. Truly, there's nothing that pleases me more. Hope there will be more very soon. Today would be good. :D

Shaindl

24. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Eeek! *more excited squeaks*
    *muffled jumping up and down*
    Wonderful wonderful story so far. Oh I am so excited!

[:D]

Methinks we will see Amri realizing just how unconventional a Jedi his son is--given all he has ever heard of them, and not even the council can blame Qui-Gon for disobeying rules here because there was no way he could have planned this encounter.

Love it, love it, love it!
    =D=

25. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    This is wonderful! It's so nice to see these characters again. Thank you VaderLVR for pointing me here! :)

More please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.