main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Fields of Elysia - (Qui/Obi, OCs, JA) - *9th Update - 23/9*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ithesock, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    I'm putting one boot here... :D

2. Madam_Author

Madam_Author Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2004
    Kicking it UP!

More?

3. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    I agree, please update soon!

4. ClaudiaR

ClaudiaR Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    Poor Obi! He is so insecure about himself and his place!
    the little one with his hero worship is very cute but his mother in compensation isn't gaining any brownie points with me!

I do hope she and Obi-wan get into a conversation and she can see the future Negotiator in action! Thinking the poor boy is an emotionless droid and that he is going to attack her son?
    puuuleeeeeeeeaze!

I so want to see her set straight soon! And more of the kind old lady!

We know you have more of this stashed around somewhere since you posted that snippet
    on one of the challenge threads... the Mama one!

So come on! Give us More!!! :D

ohhh... and if you a PM list for when you post anything please add me to it!!!

5. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    (New reader I am)

This story is simply delightful, and beautifully written. Draws in both the imagination and the emotions. The meeting by the stream was simply captivating.

I also especially loved Obi-Wan's introspection:

The heart could stand a great many things; even the heart of a Jedi. But not neglect. Never that.

This is such a poignant, and spiritually true statement.

He had craved some semblance of acceptance so desperately. He had been willing to grind his own self into the dust for it. And wasn't that what the highest Jedi principles advocated? The absence of self? If so, he had certainly placed everything he was, at Qui-Gon's feet.

How perfectly you describe Obi-Wan's devotion.

Qui-Gon would. He would always veer towards affection and love. They would always matter. And he would be right. A Jedi must always follow his heart, if that was what he chose. In that Qui-Gon had never faltered. The Force showed him things it would never show others. He listened to something, words that would never fall on the ears of a lesser being like him. Qui-Gon Jinn was wise, compassionate, and with a great capacity to love. And with an extraordinary affinity to listen to the Living Force.

Masterful characterization of Qui-Gon.

He felt physically sick. Not that he would once again be pushed to the background (well, perhaps it did affect him, a little)... but because of the way it affected him. ... ... ... He had taken a vow to trust and respect Qui-Gon's decisions many years ago. It had been a vow he had made to himself; an overpowering surge of devotion and fierce loyalty had prompted him to do it. And ... and affection. An affection for the man who was Qui-Gon, not the master.

Again, your description of the anatomy of devotion. Affects the reader deeply.

He would take refuge in those emotions again. Until he conquered them.

Very interesting paradox/irony!

I also really loved the description of how the little boy approached Obi-Wan. That was so sweet. And so true to life. Perhaps you write for the child self of us readers, as well. * Imagines self meeting a real Jedi... [face_blush] [face_love] *

Beyond the fields, 'Setta stood watching, his eyes narrowing as she saw her youngest prance towards the - the Jedi. Exactly like a silly little fawn, sidling up to the object of its affection.

What a perfect image!

Any chance for more?

6. ClaudiaR

Jun 8, 2007
    How about a friendly *UP*

Maybe be if you see it you'll be inspired to write...

7. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Oh, yes, please do![face_praying]

8. Luminara_Kenobi

Luminara_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 6, 2006
    I just read this, and I must say, it is wonderful. Your descriptions of Naboo are breathtaking...I felt homesick when you described the country scenery (I grew up amid fields, woods, and a large creek...). Please pm me when there is more!

....soon? [face_batting] Can we ask Seven to mindtrick you again?? *tries to beat DRL or DWB or whatever is holding this story hostage with my plastic sabre*

9. ClaudiaR

Jun 8, 2007
    a discreet *UP* to an old favorite and its cliffie

10. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    (New reader here! :D )

Let me just say, I've just come across this story and I've spent the better part of an hour catching up, and let me say this story is just brillant! I've enjoyed reading it so far. I love all the reactions from Qui-gon's family, Obi-wan and Qui-gon himself. I espically love the character of Kasche, because his innocent awe at Obi-wan and the Jedi in general is just adorable. Ahah, I love his mother's reaction to Obi-wan showing him his lightsaber, those motherly protection instincts are kicking into overdrive. Ahah, I hope no one gets hurt, other than a good tounge lashing. lol Hope Qui-gon comes back soon and gets some answers, and resues his padawan from an angry mother. Ahah.

Awesome story!=D= Please continue![face_praying] And please put me on your PM list! [face_peace] Thanks!@};-

11. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Pm me when you update this.

It's fantastic :D

EG

12. Obi-Odd13

Obi-Odd13 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2008
    Aw, poor Obi-Wan... Qui-Gon's gone and confused him again.:D I loved how Kasche worships the Jedi, and by the transitive property, Obi-Wan. [face_love] And I can tell Jetseta's got the exact wrong idea about what Obi's doing. She thinks he's attacking, when he's only showing Kasche how he uses a light saber... *sigh* It's what happens when a mother doesn't quite trust a Jedi, but has no proof otherwise...

I love the story, could you add me to the Pm list? I can't wait to see how everyone reacts to the accusation that's sure to fly from Jetsetta's lips.

And by the way sorry if I spelled anything wrong, I can't go back to check at the moment. [face_blush] :D

13. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Hi. I'm just hoping that you'll remember this fic! Please update (at some point) and if you do PMs, could you add me to the list? Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.