main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Fifth Day We Spent Together (Obi/Ani series) 3-14-04

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by diamond_pony2002, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Title: The Fith Day We Spent Together

Author: diamond_pony2002

Summary: Umm...look up!

Dusclaimers: I don't own them and I never will, sadly. They all belong to Mr. Lucas :-(

"Anakin? Wake up, Buddy. Come on, it?s time to get up,? Obi-Wan called as he lightly shook Anakin. The boy had been taking naps around 2:30 pm everyday, so Obi-Wan decided to let him stick with the routine so he wouldn?t be thrown off. They weren?t going to start training for another week because they wanted to get settled first, so they were just relaxing. Anakin stirred and woke up, but it was very adorable , with cute little waking up noises and tiny stretches. Obi-Wan had to smile at it and stroked the boy?s hair.

?Good afternoon, Sleeping Beauty,? he teased and Anakin stuck his tongue out. Obi-Wan lightly whacked him in the head and then embraced him briefly before standing and pulling Anakin up with him.

?It?s time to go get you sized for your tunics and pants and boots and get all that other good stuff, so just let me fix your hair and we can go,? Obi-Wan said as he ran a comb through Anakin?s hair, but the boy batted at his hand and fixed it himself, albeit roughly, ?All right, okay, fine. Have it your way.?

Then they went to see the ?clothing master?, as they called him, and got Anakin?s sizes before getting him a new toothbrush, toothpaste, a comb, and all the other toiletries he would need. After they picked up the clothes, they went back to the apartment and while Anakin put his things away, Obi-Wan worked on the doorplate. He unscrewed it, took it down, and stared at it, running his fingers over the names engraved on it. This would definitely change everything. It would be Kenobi/Skywalker now. Not Jinn/Kenobi. Ever. He sighed and closed his eyes, fighting back the tears that threatened to fall, and shook his head. No, it might not be Jinn/Kenobi, but he would still see Qui-Gon, but how often? Once a year? He couldn?t take that! He would have to live with it, though. He took the nameplate inside and placed it inside his pants drawer under everything and slowly shut it, putting it away?forever. Then Anakin came in and sat on his bed quietly, knowing that the Knight was troubled about something.

?Obi?? he said after a while and Obi-Wan gasped and jumped slightly.

?Ani, I didn?t hear you,? he said with a light laugh and ran a hand through his hair.

Boy, I?m really getting off! he scolded inwardly and mentally kicked himself. Obi-Wan sat on the bed next to Anakin and opened his arms, inviting the boy to sit in his lap. Anakin crawled onto his legs and sighed in the warm hug, and listened to Obi-Wan?s deep voice.

?I was just?putting mine and Qui-Gon?s nameplate away. I have to get a new one.?

?What will it say??

??Kenobi/Skywalker.?

?Oh.? They sat in a comfortable, yet uncomfortable, silence and then Anakin looked up at Obi-Wan with sympathetic eyes.

?Are you sad, Obi?? The man looked down at him and nodded.

?A little.?

Yeah right! Try ?a lot?! he thought to himself.

?Ani, I want to show you something. I don?t know if it will work, but we have to try,? he said and sat Anakin on the bed in front of him, holding out his hands and closing his eyes. The boy held his hands and did the same.

?Now, clear your mind of everything. To do that, just think about your breathing. In and out. It?s pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Once you?ve done that, feel around the room and then feel right next to you. What is it?? Obi-Wan instructed gently and guided the child through the difficult process. When the child had found Qui-Gon, he squeezed Obi-Wan?s hands tightly and started to shake. This was all so difficult and scared the little boy. He had never seen things like this before. It only got worse when Qui-Gon started towards him. He quickly fell out of the trance and into Obi-Wan?s arms.

?Shh, it?s all right. It's all right...Oh, Ani, I?m sorry if that was too much for you. I ju

2. Fuerza

Fuerza Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2004
    Well done. Obi's trying to be a good master to Anikan!

3. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Thank you and UP!

4. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    A very nice idea, and an agreeably written one :)

5. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    LOVE THE INTERACTION,DP!
    It's just the way I would write an Ani/obi story (If I wasn't always making Ani such a &*$%@^)!

Can't wait for the next installment!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

6. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Excellent work as usual.

7. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    I'm trying to work on six right now!

8. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I love these Obi/Ani series you do they are so lovely and very sweet moments and it's nice to see a side of Ani and Obi when they arent at each others throats,very nice work

9. DarthArwen

DarthArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2003
    This is a very nice well-put together little series, hope to hear more from you soon!

By the way I liked Part 6 in your "Master and Apprentice; Father and Son", and I hope you'll be writing more of that series soon too

10. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Thank you! I'm glad y'all like this!

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
  12. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Taking down the nameplate was so difficult for Obi-Wan, understandably. Poor Anakin. No wonder he was frightened. He's had so much thrown at him in such a short period of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.