main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fifth Installment of the 2004 Jedi Draft.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by bburditt, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    Let?s move on to number 1!

Finals!

Match 1: The Avenging Blade (Suzuki_Akira) (2) vs. Rat Terrior Jedi Posse (Darth-Horax) (3)
    Darth Sidious vs. Depa Billaba

ON WITH THE DRAFT!!!

2. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    On to teams, then.

3. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Is there a SIZZLE! in the house!

Darth Sidious wins.

EDIT: And in some stunning coincidence, as soon as burd gets on and posts the matchup, Saber signs off AIM.

This draft is cursed, and I don't mean against the darkside. We've had what, 2 locks, 2 warnings, a ban, and at least 2 or 3 periods of 12 hours and change where we have either 1 judge and the commish or 2 judges and no commish.

Grrr.

4. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    So w/ the VIP status, you also would get colors, right?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes for one week.

6. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Well, again I don't think this is a close one, so I will concur with Firke to keep it moving.

Sidious sizzles the house.

7. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Whoooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaa, what a way to end it, we are going to teams in the finals! Only three, maybe two votes remain to see who will win. This is a tough fight to call, glad I don?t have to do it.

Finals!

Match 1: The Avenging Blade (Suzuki_Akira) (3) vs. Rat Terrior Jedi Posse (Darth-Horax) (3)

Darth Sidious, Darth Malak, Asajj Ventress, Lumiya, Darth Bandon, Kar Vastor

vs.

Mace Windu, Saesee Tiin, Depa Billaba, Juhani, Quinlan Vos, Echuu Shen-Jon

ON WITH THE DRAFT!!!

8. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
    Avenging Blade wins.

9. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    THE FINAL BATTLE:

Pound-for-Pound:

Sidious>Mace
    Malak>Tiin
    Ventress<Depa
    Lumiya>Juhani
    Bandon>Vos
    Vastor>Shen-Jon

This one's pretty straight-forward. Individually, my team crushes him.

Power:

His team's an all skill team, even Mace's power is not exceptional. Sidious and Malak alone take his whole team power wise, having four others is just overkill.

Winner of Category: The Avenging Blade

Skill:

Here's where it gets muddy. Shen-Jon isn't much but the other Padawan of Mace's is extremely skilled. Sidious is probably more skilled than Mace because of how he laid waste to Maul, but the same cannot be said of Ventress against Depa. Mace and Depa are the major skillsman, Tiin has not shown anything above average but Lumiya and Juhani are shining stars. In a near tie, this category narrowly goes to Horax because of the Vaapad factor.

Winner of Category: Rat Terrier Jedi Posse

Experience:

Depa has moderate experience and Mace has some in the front field, and he has Juhani and Vos in the backfield to supplement it. But every single member of my team was an active participant so far in a war that demanded loads of saber on saber experience and the same cannot be said for Horax's team. This one goes to TAB.

Leadership:
    Mace is second fiddle to a muppet, and Sidious' title is Emperor. For me, this is straightforward but I know it won't be for others. Nevertheless...

Winner of Category: The Avenging Blade:

Cohesion:
    Mace/Depa/Shen-Jon is a solid pair and Tiin is an ally of Mace's. However, Juhani was slightly vulnerable to turning to the dark in KOTOR(in fact, she was seduced) and Vos betrayed the Jedi. Whereas I have Sidious/Lumiya/Ventress as well as Malak/Bandon, plus Vastor is a man of alliances. However, I will concede that the way of the Sith detracts slightly from cohesion, and most of Horax's team has worked some with each other.

Winner of Category: Rat Terrier Jedi Posse

Intangibles:

Vaapad is derived from Sith combat largely, so that's not much of an advantage against five Sith and a guy who beat Vaapad. Sidious, on the other hand, is very likely to have BM. More than that, the fact that he uses a type of Battle Coordination, on his troops, effortlessly(while zapping Luke) is Canon Fact and not debatable. The fact that I have three multiple weapon users (whip is multiple) doesn't hurt either.

Judges, with Vos as a Jedi traitor this match is close, but no cigar for Horax. This is basically a repeat of TAB vs. D,WML except for the fact that Horax has a bit more cohesion and way less individual prowess, power, and ability round for round and pound for pound than D,WML did. The narrow, narrow edge in skill and the cohesion edge is dwarfed by the individual edge of my team, the power edge, and the experience edge that TAB has. This is a judgement not of whether TAB can beat RTJP but a judgement of whether the good always defeats evil. Of whether Fiji could defeat 1940's Germany.

Sometimes David beats Goliath and we all cheer. But we need to remember that there were dozens of 'David's Goliath pounded into the ground before hand. The win goes to TAB.

10. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    So you think you can stop me and spit in my eye?

So you think you can love me and leave me to die?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby. Can't do this to my baby.

Just gotta get out, just gotta get right out of here.

11. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Darth Sidious > Mace Windu
    Darth Malak > Saesee Tiin
    Asajj Ventress < Depa Billaba
    Lumiya > Juhani
    Darth Bandon < Quinlan Vos
    Kar Vastor > Echuu Shen-Jon

I think Suzuki takes Horax in at least 4 spots.

12. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I think this whole match boils down to who would win: Mace or Sideous.

This sounds ludicrus, but, if Mace could beat Sideous, I'm sure RTJP would win. If Sideous could beat Mace, I'm sure TAB would win.

Though, thank God I'm not judging this one... it's tough.

GO SUZUKI!

13. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I wonder if Dude, Where's My Lightsaber? could have beaten Rat Terrier Jedi Posse.

14. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    Moron, you forgot to put the "?" at the end of the team name!!

*beats him*

15. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    D,WML? would waste RTJP.

Luke>Mace
    Maul>Tiin
    Corran<Depa
    Jacen>Juhani
    Ganner<Vos
    Tyvokka>Shen-Jon

That simple.

16. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I think Corran could take Depa too! :D

Anyway... let the best team win!

17. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    This is going to a breakdown in record time.

Individual:

Sidious barely (but definitely) > Mace
    Malak much > Tiin
    Ventress roughly = Depa
    Lumiya roughly = Juhani
    Bandon much > Quin
    Vastor is barely > Echuu.

I think that while it could wind up being 3-3, Bandon and Malak have such a huge edge that individuals definitely goes to Suzuki.

Edge: The Avenging Blade.

Experience:

All 6 of Suzuki's fighters have some experience, and all but one has more than 3 saber fights under their belt. However, Tiin and Quin have 0 experience, Echuu has exactly 1 saber fight, and Depa and Mace don't have that much, though they have some. Juhani is the only real experienced Rat, and that's compared to 4 fighters on Suzuki's team that I would say are "very experienced."

Big Edge: The Avenging Blade

Power:

Horax's top 4 are pretty powerful, but he has a very weak bottom 2. Suzuki has a comparable top 4, and a much more powerful bottom 2. I think he gets the edge.

Small Edge: The Avenging Blade

Skill, done round-by-round:

Mace roughly = Sidious. Yes, Mace finished Form VII, but that was with Sora's help, while Sidious tought one of the most purely skilled fighters ever (Maul) in the ways of Form VII, and then defeated him easily.
    Edge: Pretty even, I might go with Sidious.

Malak is quite simply much more skilled than Tiin.
    Edge: Big one to Malak.

Depa has come the closest of anyone besides Mace to mastering Vaapad, but Ventress knows 3 styles very well. Still, I think Depa gets an edge here.
    Edge: Depa Billaba

Lumiya mastered both the lightsaber and lightwhip, as well as knowing other combat techniques from her training as a Hand. Juhani isn't a slouch, but this goes to Lumiya.
    Edge: Dark Lady Lumiya

Darth Bandon was the most skilled out of all the Sith in his time, bar Revan and Malak. That's why he was chosen as apprentice. Quin, while he knows a little Vaapad, is still no match for Bandon and his double saber.
    Edge: Big one to Bandon.

Vastor doesn't have training with a saber, but Echuu is far from a master bladesman. Still, the Padawan of Mace Windu should be combat trained well enough to counteract Vastor's general combat edge.
    Edge: Even.

Even giving Mace a skill edge, I think Suzuki can carry this a little, as the multitude of different styles offered on his team can make up for the Vaapad.

Overall edge: Even.

Team Experience:

Malak, Sidious, Bandon, and Ventress all have experience fighting multiple saberwielders. Only Juhani and maybe Mace can claim that on Horax's team.

Big Edge: The Avenging Blade

Leadership:

Mace could definitely lead his team very well, even with the chaotic and disillusioned Vos on his team. Still, Sidious unified a group of greedy, scheming, selfish, and evil people to rule the galaxy not just once, but twice. I think it's even.

Edge: Even.

Cohesion:

We know that Bandon follows Malak, while Ventress and Lumiya will follow Sidious. Judging from Malak's behavior with Revan, he's willing to make temporary alliances that would work for this fight. So, while the Blade isn't the most cohesive troupe, it's not so bad either. Vastor's a minor problem, but he won't have trouble fighting against a team featuring both Mace and Depa, so I think it's pretty good.

Depa, Echuu, and Tiin will fall in line quite easily, which leaves Quin and Juhani. Juhani's smart enough to realize that this is a good idea, so this leaves Quin. He's disillusioned with the Jedi, but he still doesn't like the Sith, so he should fight too.

Discounting Quin, the Rats are more cohesive, so I think they can keep an advantadge here.

Edge: The Rat Terrier Jedi Posse

Intangibles:

Well

18. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    We still have a match left, do we not? Why is everyone so in a rush to get to teams.

Man, I would have loved a VIP-ship... nuts!

But great for all others who win from now on.

A great match, and whomever wins, I could not be happy for.

For Horax created this crazy thing, and he deserves the win.

Bu Suzuki is on the verge of making Draft history - winning the game with a Drak Side team. And he will be the first undefeated team to win with the new format.

I believe in addition to myself, who did it twice, Gaeri won this thing undefeated as well. Did someone else? Please post if you know...

Alrighty then, good luck to the two remaining GMs.

Madine out

19. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    Madine, as per a request from me, Commisioner Burd dispensed an honorary sizzle for Sidious, so we could get to arguing and posting about teams faster.

And while what you did was impressive, I think it's more impressive to go undefeated in the regular season and then win the championship than it is to win a double elimination tournament without losing.

EDIT: Silly me, I didn't see "in this format" in the original post.

And why do you say "could not be happy for"? Do you mean "happier"?

20. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    True as that may be, Firke, he still did it twice. Gotta give the man his props.

21. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    Didn't mean to slight him at all. GMing at all is a little scary for me, and he did it, and won twice back-to-back. Very impressive.

22. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    Madine, Corran, Saber_Leader, and Gaeri have gone undefeated and won.

23. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    POST 2500!

Okay, didn't know that, Best. Good for future reference.

24. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    But the only people that have gone 7-0 in a round (this is when we had teams, no matter what) was Madine and Corran.

NiktosRule should have joined that club, but he lost and went 6-1. Sidious lost to Vader, which cost him going 7-0.

25. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Nice breakdowns Firke...Well thought out. I only have a few things to add(my 2 cents)

Depa would take Ventress. Depa put Mace on the defensive and injured him very seriously... Ventress on the other hand got pounded by Mace...So I would give Depa a sizeable edge over Ventress....

Also I wouldnt say that Bandon is drastically better than Vos...Bandon is probably better with the experience factor, but Vos isnt outclassed by him by that much...I'd give a small edge to Bandon

In my mind, I see the key players being Depa and Ventress...If Depa could kill Ventress, which I think she would...She could go on an tip the battle by helping either Shen Jon or probably even more likely helping Mace take down Sidious...This is where cohesion comes in for me

Just my opinion...For a DS team, Suzuki put a pretty cohesive one together! Good job

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.