The Fifth Installment of the 2004 Jedi Draft.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by bburditt, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bburditt Jedi Youngling

star 5
    As soon as I know when the next one starts, I will let you all know.

Hopefully it won't be any later than two weeks. I think that seems like a fairly neutral and fair break to have.

Gives Suzuki a week to enjoy his colours, then another week for you all to cool down and begin plotting Suzuki's destruction.

As for the all-star draft, I really don't know what I'm going to do there. Gaeri posted a few days ago which was cool, but I will have to contact her.

I think it's safe to say that the next one will be a normal one.
  2. Saber_Leader Force Ghost

star 4
    The problem I see with the All Star match up is that a Luke Skywalker vs. Luke Skywalker match is possible.
  3. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    Then the GMs would be told to resend their numbers.
  4. Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Saber, I think the idea was that it'd be like a new season, not just a tourney.

So pick 1 would be Luke, 2 Yoda, 3 Sids, etc. so as not to have that happen.
  5. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    No, I think it should be the All Stars get to use their All-Star teams.
  6. Mr_Kun Jedi Knight

7. Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Some of the teams that people wound up with were, to put it mildly, ridiculous. Corran's winning team had 5 people who should go 3rd round or better, Madine had Yoda and Sids (and Oppo!) on his team, so a lot of these guys had less drafting competition than the teams we see now.

Are we ever going to have a consolation match for 3rd place and pick?

And can we expect any rule changes next draft, e.g. a switch back to the double elimination format?
  8. TheForgottenJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well Iam going to watch for a new draft thread like a hawk anyways cause I dont want to watch again.
  9. bburditt Jedi Youngling

star 5
    The problem I see with the All Star match up is that a Luke Skywalker vs. Luke Skywalker match is possible.

Yeah, but what I was thinking is just having the 8 GMs do a normal type draft.

Meaning they draft whole new teams, and seeing as there is only 8 GMs, the teams would be monstrous.

Basically it is like an all-star GM draft, and not an all-star team draft. Make sense?

And with that, I'm off to bed.
  10. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I would like to have some discussion occur about the drafts in the SWC forum before we dive into another. Stryphe and I will discuss some ideas we have for guidelines and rules. Then we would like to bring in some of the Draft leaders and players for discussion and input. I will let you know when we reach this point.

11. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    Cool.

Do I get my colors now? :p
  12. Mr_Kun Jedi Knight

Hmmm, I wouldnt mind a little discussion on stuff we can change.
  13. Mr_Kun Jedi Knight

Just throwing this out there, and I've brought this up before, as have others, but why does the winner get the first pick? I say the winner gets the very last pick. Just like how the Super Bowl winners get the 32nd. I think it'd bring more variety to the drafts.
  14. Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If we kept picks from draft to draft, then that would be a good system. But we don't, so I think it works out that 1st place gets to pick their pick.

Suzuki, go for real colors, not just Red w/ underline!
  15. SecondBest Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Yes, but the Super Bowl winner gets to keep it's players (most of them). You start over in the draft.
  16. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    I think you should just start all over. It would prevent the same person matches.

And would be more of a challenge.

darth_nemisis
  17. JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I glad this game is over. Can we now lock this place????
  18. Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JMR, we don't want to lock this until we have word on when the next draft is, so I don't see any reason to post "lock this."
  19. GenMadine Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Suzuki, well deserved win, and thanks for the props.

To clarify: Back to back UNDEFEATED - and I did not count the matches in the third draft, but I think I went to the semi-finals in that one, so I also hold the record for the longest match win streak ever in the drafts.

And we did have hold-overs for the first two drafts, I was able to keep a player, and got the first pick, so in theory, I kept two players.

Strilo, I look forward to seeing what comes about.

Madine out
  20. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    I just want to offer props to Suzuki you did a great job in drafting, and like I told you earlier, i think you did get lucky w/ a couple of moves by the other gms. I to think we should start the next draft next week, as my home computer is getting fixed, and I am at school right now.

Also, hopefully I can be a part of the discussion w/ the mods.
  21. GenMadine Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I would think they will contact the reps from the draft they want to contact.

Therefore, I think lobbying for a spot in that discussion is fruitless.

But I could be wrong.

Madine out
  22. JediNemesis Jedi Master

star 4
    =D=

Congratulations Suzuki! The Curse is undone . . . Nice colours, BTW. :p

So the 6th Installment starts in a week or two? Cool. :)

*begins plotting Suzuki's destruction*

I still owe you from last Draft, friend. :p
  23. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    Bring it, Nemesis. But if my team plan for next Draft comes to fruition it will be too late for you...
  24. JediNemesis Jedi Master

star 4
    But if my team plan for next Draft comes to fruition it will be too late for you...

Your overconfidence is your weakness. ;)
  25. Corran-Horn Jedi Master

star 4
    Congrats to Suzuki, awesome battle. But a more important victory has occured:

[face_flag] [face_flag] BUSH WINS!! BUSH WINS!! [face_flag] [face_flag]

:D :D :D :D

~Corran
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.