main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fifth Installment of the 2004 Jedi Draft.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by bburditt, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Kun

Mr_Kun Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2004
    If you believe that, well, to me, that proves yet again why you are not the strongest candidate to be a judge. Because that is a skewed way of thinking...

Here we go again. Don't share the same opinion as him, and your not fit to be a judge, skewed thinking, etc etc.

2. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Sithy, you took the words right out of my mouth.

3. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Just saw the railer for the fifth time, and must say saw a certain someone w/ a red light saber

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I haven't seen the trailer yet (not an AOL member, don't have cable, and don't have HS), and I already knew what you're talking about, Ghost.

But scroll up and read this.

Heck, I'll post it:

Announcement: Detailed Discussion and Analysis of the Revenge of the Sith Teaser Trailer is prohibited in all forums save 3SA and 3NS. General comments or thoughts partaining to the trailer may be posted outside of the Episode III forums starting on Monday (board time).

5. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Lest we forget, gentlemen. We still hAve to wait for Strilo To decide just how long we're to PostpOne the draft while diScussions of drafT changes take place.

6. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    Copying Moron:

Not like I had something to post, so without adding to the discussion, besides agreeing with Moron:

ON WITH THE DRAFT!

7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Well the next draft will be in one month. That has been decided by Stryphe and myself. Discussion will commence as soon as I hear from Horax and a few other people I sent PMs to.

8. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    I have Yet tO discUss the Game with Strilo, bUt I can assure You that you will all know aS soon As I do, got 'eR?

E WEIRD.

9. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Wait, wait, one month? What is left to discuss? Am I not considered one of the draft leaders?

10. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
  11. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Thanks, Burd, you're weird too.

CANada Is the HAppiest Vacation localES nOrth of MainE, and Bryn BURDitt calls the Place hOme. HIs Neighborhood is probably a loT nicer than mine iS. ?

12. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    No yOu cannot.

13. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    IM PISSED!!

Oh...I played the game wrong. :(

14. Pellaeon-Firke

Mar 2, 2004
    All of you who haven't, please go check out Comms and look at the Jedi Draft thread. Hopefully this can be resolved so that the Mods and the users are both in agreement and satisfied.

15. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I really wish you guys would talk to me before you freak out and go to Comms. The people who will be participating in the discussions about the Draft threads have NOT BEEN CONTACTED YET. I have contacted Darth Horax and Corran10584 about a few things. I am waiting for them to reply and then will be opening the discussions in a Focus Group forum that is ready to go. Rather than jump the gun and assume Stryphe and I are trying to screw you why not CONTACT US?!

As for the month break, that is one of the results of the Draft becoming an official game of the forum. It is NOT a punishment. Things were much better this time around and as a reward I thought it would be nice to work with you guys to create a more official game with VIP colors and so on. Don't make me regret that decision.

16. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Hey Strilo, you're tha man. Don't let anyone tell you differently. We'll be good... well, I can't much speak for Madine :p

17. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    And to my fellow draft-mates who have been posting in the Comm forum, I think you're jumping the gun.

I'm in the same boat as all of you. I don't like the bans, or the threats, or the manditory breaks, but don't start a mutiny over it. Strilo and Darth_Stryphe have a lot of things to keep an eye on, and lets face it, this draft is a monster sometimes and it gets out of control. The mods are just doing what they think is best so that we can keep the draft, they can keep their sweet Mod jobs, and the SWC can run smoothly.

Now these sound like famous last words. I hope Strilo doesn't make me regret taking this stance.

18. Mr_Kun

Mr_Kun Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2004
    Sure it has to be a month? I mean, this started September 29th, and ended 2 days ago; roughly a month. I very much appreciate that the Moderators are finally showing some attention to this, but do we really need a month?

19. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    It's not a punishment. However, no other game on these forums is continuous. All of them happen with some sort of break between. Consider the LBL threads as well... once a LBL for a film is done, they have to wait a month before starting the next one.

Give the members and the Commish and the Mods a break from having to work with the Draft. Give people a reason to look forward to the next game. Breaks are good much of the time.

20. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Man, what was I on last night?

21. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Anyways, here is my apology to Strilo. I just figured where you said you had already PMed the discussion people, that meant you had PMed everyone.

I was wrong. Sorry.

22. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    There is obivously a different way of thinking here. And that is apparent.

I feel one way, and Firke another, and I have no need to continue this bickering. Not because he is right, or I am wrong, but I read the book, apparently I read it wrong or forgot every last detail.

I no longer have the book handy and if I did, to debate with any of you by using quotes from the book would require too much time of my life.

I play this game for fun. I know what I see, what I read, and what I believe. And I know where to look things up as well.

but I stand by my feelings that Firke is not suited to be a judge.

As always, all of us have this trait, we are all very stubborn.

And as a result, rarely do we change an opinion we have. Now, I do not need you all posting instances when you changed your mind and were swayed by someones posts, etc.

I have no time or need to argue this point any further, and not for lack of proof, or lack of anything else. It is my opinion that Vastor is overrated, and Firke is not a suitable judge.

End of story. On with your lives.

Madine out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.