main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fifth Installment of the 2004 Jedi Draft.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by bburditt, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    My top 12:
    1. Luke
    2. Sidious
    3. Yoda/Dooku/Vader
    6. Kun/Ulic
    8. Obi Wan
    9. Mace/ Maul
    11.Thon
    12.Vodo

Moron Dude your Name says it all.:D
    HandofSkywalker86

2. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Next post-ROTJ novel that comes out will have Luke absorbing a Death Star type blast [face_plain]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    and ive never heard anyone say that Obi > Mace

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Even if I don't get a spot in the draft, I'm still gonna beat you, SecondBest. Just watch and see. You goin' down!

Also, if anyone wants to Draft me, that would be cool. So your line up might look like:

Mace Windu
    Master Thon
    MoronDude
    Evan Piell
    Depa Bilaba
    Stass Allie

I'm totally a 3rd rounder, and rising fast!

5. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    While I agree with Suzuki, WINDU has a point. It's easier to make things look bigger than they are in a book than in a movie. You see what you want. In the AotC novel, it made it sound effortless of Yoda when he blocked the Force Lightning. It wasn't quite the same in the movie. You can expand things in a book that you can't see in movies. So we can cut the PT a little slack.

EDIT:

Moron, you're a solid second-rounder if you ask me. :)

6. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    its just that of course the books have to go up and beyond what the movies do...or else who would buy the books?

I understand that they are "canon" its just a gripe of mine that I have with GL letting post-ROTJ EU even be written, and without his input for the most part

7. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    The only reason I put Obi over mace is 'cause in ANH held off Vader 'til it was convenient for him to become one with the force. He also knocks Anakin into the lava bath while 'the Chosen One' is in his prime.

I doubt master Windu could do either of these feats.

HandofSkywalker86

8. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    The speed and power of Windu would be more than a match for a cyborg who tires after about 30 seconds of intense fighting....and isnt III material off limits for the draft?

9. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    The fact that Anakin got a lava spa by Obi Wan is not an Episode III spoiler. It's been known for years. If you saw Vader kill Jedi in the Purge in a movie, or in the upcoming TV series(if that's what it covers) you'd bite your tongue.

10. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    I wasn't posting material from III, i was just goin' on what I've heard, that Obi wan knocked Anakin into lava during a duel hence the dialogue from ANH and the Iron Lung.

I very much doubt Windu could Hang w/ Vader considering how poorly he did against Vastor and his own padawan in shattterpoint. Vaapad is overrated all the forms are, what matters is blade to blade experience(Vader), force power(Vader), and skill(Push).

HandofSkywalker86

11. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    "The speed and power of Windu would be more than a match for a cyborg who tires after about 30 seconds of intense fighting...."

Mace would have been older than OB1 if he had lasted till ANH so the arguement that he would be faster then OB1 doesnt really work.

12. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    The Jedi are taken at their primes...not at their oldest ages....

And besides, no one actually knows how Anakin gets tossed into the lava pit...details are conjecture and shouldnt be taken into account

13. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    As I see it:

Luke > Yoda > Mace > Obi-Wan > MoronDude > All other force users.

14. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I totally forgot Exar Kun. He's in the top fighters list.

Windu: as for the numbers you pointed out, those PT jedi are the only real excepts I have. They're top Jedi Masters and for above the "average" Jedi of their era. My TOTJ > NJO > PT is meant for the average Jedi, not necessarily the top Jedi of each era.

15. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    He also knocks Anakin into the lava bath while 'the Chosen One' is in his prime.

While this may be general knowledge, Episode III is not something we take into account when we judge.

Just so you know...

I would prefer if you guys didn't enforce the 12 hour rule when I'm not around. Ghost will be on shortly.

16. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Sorry about this(not), after signing up I went to a concert. In order to get the pace going my first pick is the little green dude in my icon, yes returning to grf is Yoda.

PS - Sorry about your Grandfather there OBIX1

17. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    No surprise their at all. Considering that Ghost won last with him. Hopefully Luke's poor showing last draft will allow me to pick'em up.

I believe its NJO > TOTJ > OJO.
    Because the NJO and TOTJ were around in times where it was common for Jedi to have to fight in duels with other extremely skilled combatants be they Vong or Sith. While the OJO fought against Droids for the most part.

HandofSKywalker86

18. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    Yes! Luckily I logged on before I had to go to school...

Anyways, with the first pick (2nd overall) in the 5th installment of the 2004 Jedi Draft, Dude, Where's My Lightsaber? selects....

Luke Skywalker!

Dude, Where's My Lightsaber?
    1. Luke Skywalker - Captain

I used to feel Yoda was the best, but I kept reading the NJO and Luke has the skills to beat anyone in this draft. He should go undefeated for me, unless some super trump happens. :)

19. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    Round 1

1. Ghost_Jedi - Yoda
    2. SecondBest - Luke Skywalker
    3. Suzuki_Akira - ON THE CLOCK
    4. PadawanEmily
    5. Darth-Horax
    6. darth_nemisis
    7. EMPEROR_WINDU
    8. Talon_Kenobi
    9. solojones
    10. JediMasterRevan
    11. HandofSkywalker86
    12. GenMadine

20. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    Dang there goes my whole strategy :D.

Yeah Luke's the man and IMO got taken a pick late. I think the key to winning with him is not necessarily how good the GM is but if any other GM's decide to make another NJO team 'cause this really narrows down an already shallow pool of quality Jedi.

HandofSkywalker86

21. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
  22. EMPEROR_WINDU

Nov 23, 2002
    Its time for our first Sith to be taken, methinks

23. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    Well, looks like I missed the sign-ups. I was really looking forward to being a judge once again, but it seems that I'll just have to look on from the sidelines. Perhaps I'll throw in an opinion here or there for good measure. We'll see ;)

Good luck to all the GMs.

~Corran

24. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    8th pick..Lets hope I can use some of my luck from the starfighter draft and have a little bit better showing in this draft, than the last draft

25. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    What did you think of my pick, Corran? :p

IMO, Yoda isn't even second-best (ironic, no?) anymore. We found last draft that his stock went down slightly. I think I know who Suzuki will pick if he is wise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.