Challenge The Fifty Sentence Challenge - December's prompts, and a question to participants!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Fifty_Sentences_Sock, Jan 1, 2011.

Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl
  1. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    1. Did you find the prompts easy to write for? (Relatively speaking)

Yep! The V series threw me a bit, but hey, I learned some new words :D (And I really like having one set do all the same letter.)

2. Which did you find more enjoyable to write for ? the fandom centered prompts, or the general ones?

I actually thought the fandom ones were easier than the winter one, because the words were, for the most part, not similar. It was more challenging doing a seasonal theme and not having every sentence be similar (which isn't to say stop doing them, that's just the one I found most challenging).

3. Is there a fandom in particular you'd like to see a table for?

Maybe A:TLA :D

4. Is there anything you would like to see done differently?

Nope, everything's perfect!!
  2. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Thanks to everyone for leaving your thoughts! They were most helpful. [face_love]

[:D]

~MJ @};-
  3. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    I can't wait to see what's up for February. [face_mischief]

I've also added an additional challenge for myself - since I'm doing multifandom, I'm going to see if I can go the entire year without repeating a single fandom. :-B [face_whistling]
  4. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4

You brave soul! ;)

I seriously cannot wait to see what you do with a few of these. [face_whistling] [face_dancing]

February is all ready to go! It'll be up early in the morning on the first. :cool: It's hard having the prompts in advance, and telling one's self not to write. [face_laugh] :oops:

~MJ @};-
  5. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Idri, that's aewsome!! You sound like Drabbo :D

I can't wait until the 1st!! :D
  6. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Maybe I'm channeling Drabbo's spirit. :p

A little less than one week... YAY! 8-} The ideas are already churning, and the best part is that they don't take me forever to write. Four tables is enough to fill my "spare" time (though "spare" is quickly becoming "borrowed"). :p
  7. Fifty_Sentences_Sock Jedi Padawan

Alrighty everyone, I know that these are a few hours early, but I am not going to be able to get online over the next few days due to the massive amount of snow that is about to dump on us (that I have to help pick up - oh, force help us!! [face_laugh]). So, I figured that no one would object to having these a bit early rather than late. ;)

Just, no posting until tomorrow. ;)

:cool:

Round Two - February 2011

Table I: all of the strange, strange creatures

01. Journey ------- 02. Eccentric ------ 03. Array --------- 04. Abide --------- 05. Regenerate
    06. Ramble -------- 07. Pseudo -------- 08. Tardy --------- 09. Drumbeats ---- 10. Schism
    11. Last ---------- 12. Innumerable ---- 13. Temp --------- 14. Archaic ------- 15. Save
    16. Ephemeral ----- 17. Parenthesis ---- 18. Footnote ------ 19. Skip ---------- 20. Sonic
    21. Hopscotch ----- 22. Fob ----------- 23. Epoch --------- 24. Apparel ------- 25. Roam
    26. Machine ------- 27. Companion ----- 28. Ginger --------- 29. Spitfire ------- 30. Mortal
    31. Loom ---------- 32. Parallel --------- 33. Paradox ------- 34. Memory ------ 35. Twist
    36. Run ------------ 37. Notable -------- 38. Temporal ------ 39. Order -------- 40. Cracks
    41. Seconds -------- 42. Minutes -------- 43. Years --------- 44. Knots -------- 45. Decutient
    46. Bow-tie --------- 47. Pinstripes ------ 48. History -------- 49. Future ------- 50. Eternity

Table II: bend these to the beat of me

01. Earth ---------- 02. Air ------------ 03. Fire ---------- 04. Water --------- 05. Energy
    06. Awaited ------- 07. Bond ---------- 08. Gifted -------- 09. Pursuit -------- 10. Grasp
    11. Raze ---------- 12. Flood --------- 13. Armada ------- 14. Avarice -------- 15. Outcry
    16. Lighten ------- 17. Conflict ------- 18. Ameliorate ----- 19. Scars --------- 20. Tea
    21. Avail ---------- 22. Bend --------- 23. War-torn ------ 24. Irenic --------- 25. Elemental
    26. Tutor --------- 27. Discipline ----- 28. Adroitness ----- 29. Disgraced ----- 30. Honor
    31. Sanctuary ---- 32. Battle-line ---- 33. Scorn ---------- 34. White-flag ---- 35. Breeze
    36. Soot ---------- 37. Wave -------- 38. Earthquake ----- 39. Healer ------- 40. Favor
    41. Harmony ------ 42. Clash --------- 43. Moon ---------- 44. Eclipse ------- 45. Comet
    46. Familial ------- 47. Flow ---------- 48. Mastery -------- 49. Final --------- 50. Unity

Table III: be mine, my funny Valentine

01. Miracle -------- 02. Dearly -------- 03. Push ---------- 04. Between ------- 05. Knowing
    06. Coax ---------- 07. Unlikely ------- 08. Flatter -------- 09. Court ---------- 10. Worthy
    11. Hesitant ------- 12. Yield --------- 13. Remember ----- 14. Familiarity ------ 15. Opposites
    16. Tokens -------- 17. Evoke -------- 18. Ananke -------- 19. Temptation ---- 20. Realization
    21. Letters -------- 22. Accept ------- 23. Fervid --------- 24. Awake --------- 25. Shine
    26. Blush ---------- 27. Avid ---------- 28. Beguile -------- 29. Dog-house ----- 30. Solace
    31. Endearment ---- 32. Tremble ------ 33. Crossroads ----- 34. Esteem -------- 35. Crave
    36. Capacity ------- 37. Sustaining ---- 38. Leap ---------- 39. Denial ---------- 40. Gleam
    41. Reconcile ------ 42. Porcelain ------ 43. Quixotic ------- 44. Ups ------------ 45. Downs
    46. Sickness ------- 47. Health -------- 48. Youth --------- 49. Maturity -------- 50. Devotion

Table IV: muchly, on the subject of the letter 'm'

01. Measure ------- 02. Midnight ------ 03. Mild ---------- 04. Message -------- 05. Mock
    06. Mischief ------- 07. Murder -------- 08. Mull ---------- 09. Minion ---------- 10. Malevolence
    11. Melancholy ---- 12. Moniker ------- 13. Maintain ------ 14. Muse ----------- 15. Malady
    16. Mettle -------- 17. Mortuary ------ 18. Malice -------- 19. Mess ----------- 20. Mediocrity
    21. Mimicry ------- 22. Majesty ------- 23. Mecca -------- 24. Moral ----------- 25. Morale
    26. Misfortune ---- 27. Medusa -------- 28. Middleman />
  8. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    I promise to have the last two tables up by midnight board time!

then i shall work on february's...

wow. this is gonna be fun!
  9. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Yay, I'm so excited!! :D

Good luck with the snow [:D]
  10. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    I am not going to be able to get online over the next few days due to the massive amount of snow that is about to dump on us (that I have to help pick up - oh, force help us!!

Have fun! We're getting it, too - two storm systems combined will drop 30 to 40 cm of snow on us. Yay. :p

I am SO excited for these! Been waiting all month. :p [face_dancing]

I dare someone to tackle Table III with something atrociously dark and dreary, with not a mushy sentence in sight

Challenge accepted! :D

11. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    I made it with an hour to spare!!!

Now to bed!!!

My last two table to ST are up!
  12. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I'm taking advantage of some extra free time (yay storm!v :p ) to have some 50 Sentence fun :D So . . .

Elemental :D

It's Avatar: The Last Airbender and will cover the four February sets :D
  13. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Ooo, angsty. Fun! [face_mischief]

Feb table 1
  14. laurethiel1138 Force Ghost

star 4
  15. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    A snow day meant that aside from shovelling snow and doing homework and a very, very random sushi run, I had time to do a little writing. I have tackled Table I of February tonight with a little Inception story called Kaleidoscope. :)
  16. Fifty_Sentences_Sock Jedi Padawan

The Index has been updated! If you see any errors, please let me know, and it will be fixed. :cool:

And I'm glad that this snow was good for something - all you awesome people who were able to use the time to write. :p [face_laugh] It was simply wonderful to have all of these sentences to look forward to after such a large storm. [face_laugh]

[:D]

FSS
  17. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
  18. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    An unfathomably stressed Idri = late night writing.

February, Table II is complete with a Titanic set (yep, you heard that right [face_whistling] ) entitled "To Teach the Stars to Dance".

And now it's bed time. :p I-)
  19. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    On that note, another one from me. Table III is up with a Blood Diamond story entitled "Ashes to Ashes" - a warning though, it contains fairly hefty material. I've successfully taken the fluffiest set of prompts and applied something dark to each one. Go me! Mira's "no mush" challenge has been completed! [face_laugh]
  20. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
    Signed, completed, turned in, and an A+ awarded. Complete with smiley face sticker. [face_laugh] Or, maybe a frowning face, with the sentences in question. :p

=D=

~MJ @};-
  21. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH STICKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_money_eyes][face_money_eyes][face_money_eyes]
  22. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4

[face_laugh]

I shall keep that in mind for future bribery purposes. ;)

And I have a table done for the good old fun factor that is Timeline, entitled "out of my time, for a place in yours". For those who are interested. [face_whistling][face_love]

~MJ @};-
  23. amidalachick Force Ghost

star 5
    I have used the Table 1 prompts for some "King of the Hill" sentencefic, which can be found here: Yup.
  24. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
  25. Mira_Jade The NSWFF Manager With The Cape

Manager
    star 4
Moderators: Mira_Jade, NYCitygurl