main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fight Within : Bail Organa's Story (Slightly AU. Pre ATOC - Post Ep. 3?)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CelseteAntola, Oct 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Title: The Fight Within : Bail Organa's Story

Timeline: Pre-ATOC to Post ep. 3?

Author: Celeste Antola and Finrod Felagund

Disclaimer: The whole Star Wars Universe belongs to the Great Flanneled One. That is, except the characters we made up! It's nice to own the rights to something!

Archive: Sure, but let me know first!

Chapter 1

Looking through the viewport on her modified starfighter, Bariu Genhem could not but wonder at the beauty of the planet below her. This wonderful planet just happened to be Alderran, home of the richest bureaucrats in the Republic. And she was here to get one of them. But, at the moment she was waiting for her orders.

Bariu's comm crackled and the all too familiar voice of the Dark Lord who she served came through.

"Yes my Master?"

"The Senator who you are to capture is now safely in his home. Perhaps, you can pay him a visit?" The last question was not a question, it was one of those rhetorical ones that she usually got.

"Yes, Master. I believe Senator Organa will be pleased to meet me."

Katisa sat impatiently waiting to take off. Finally a light on her instrument board went green. Without much care, she took off. Early Morning was making the ominous clicking noise again, but she decided to ignore it. Now, she just wanted to get as far away from home as possible.

Finally the clicking noise began to worry Katisa to the point that she decided to land again and see which of multiple repairs had gone wrong. She took a quick look at her chart. She was still in atmosphere and now closer to the Organa family's estates. She sighed. Time to pull another of her dad's favors.

"Early Morning to control, I have an engine malfunction, permission to land?"

"Copy that Early Morning. You're clear for runway two."

With greater care than when she had taken off, Katisa set down Early Morning.

Bariu's ship glided through Alderran's atmosphere, and in no time at all, she was flying about 4 thousand feet above the Organa's estate. She noticed a small transport, obviously hiding advanced weaponry, land on the small spaceport pad on the Estate.

"Hmm. They seem to be pretty rich. I'll get alot from this one."

Bariu flew around the edge of the Organa's estate until she found a suitable landing place for her ship. Letting her down slowly, Bariu prepaired for her trek across the estate. She double checked to make sure the cloaking device was still on, and used the holographic camoflauge, to make her ship blend into the foliage.

"Senator Organa, here I come." she said to herself. Finding her center, she exited her ship, adjusted the straps on her gun holster, and took off across the huge lawn, dotted with nerfs, that led to the elaborate mansion. Bariu's sharp gold eyes kept careful watch but it only seemed as if the large nerf were the only ones outside. Still, she kept her Force presence to a minimum in order to evade detection.

"So, Katisa," the mechanic was saying. "Need any help?"

"No, thanks," she said. "I've got it."

"If you're sure. What is it with Early Morning? Everytime you really need to get somewhere, she breaks down on you!"

Katisa sighed. "Not true. I'm going to need more parts, Cyri, can't do anything much without them. Sure, I could probably jump to the next system, but I want to fix this once and for all. I'm taking a break for lunch."

Katisa walked jauntily up the front steps and knocked on the door which was opened by a tall nice looking young man with brown hair.

"Hello Marri!" Katisa said, being squished in a hug.

"Kats! What are you doing here?"

"Oh, just checking up on all family and friends, my ship broke down and I'm here for lunch."

"Come in, come in! You couldn't have picked a better day, everyone's home!"

Quickly, Bariu looked up from where she was crouched, and saw a young girl about 20 years old walk through the front door. Thankfully the girl hadn't seen her. Pushing back the strands of red hair that fell out of her ponytail, Bariu somersaulted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.