main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Fight

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ShadowofLures, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowofLures

ShadowofLures Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2005

Chapter 16

The next morning, Obi-Wan hadn?t seemed to notice Anakin?s restlessness the previous night. Instead, Obi-Wan got right down to business.

?I?m going back to Coruscant. The Council seems to have found a use for me.?

?May the Force be with you.?

?And you, too, my??

Anakin smiled. He was glad to see that Obi-Wan was really trying to let go.

Instead of finishing his sentence, Obi-Wan nodded. Before he climbed onto his speeder bike, he donned his hood, giving his former Padawan one last look. Then he was gone.

Anakin?s mind immediately got down to business. I?ll walk around the streets, to see if I can pick up anything.

Quickly, he mounted his own speeder bike, and made sure there were credits overflowing in his pockets. The one way he knew how to catch a thief was to tempt him.

2. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005

Chapter 17

Padmé was walking down the street with her sisters and mother, going to the marketplace. It felt good to be with the people she loved, and had missed so much.

?How long are you going to stay, Padmé?? asked her neice, Ryoo.

?I don?t know...as long as I can.?

It was true. She had gotten so comfortable being around the friendly atmosphere of her home that she hadn?t even thought about going back to Anakin.

Maybe we just need a break...

As her sisters ran ahead, she laughed with her mother as they watched them. Turning the corner into the marketplace, her eyes were met by a blinding light from the sun.

As her eyes adjusted, she was reminded just how beautiful her home planet was. Flowers of every color lined the sidewalks, and fresh food carts stood side by side. Toys were hanging from the tops of other handcarts, and there was a little booth that they passed with a puppeteer putting on a play for the children while their parents were shopping.

Suddenly, her other niece, Pooja, was upon her, with a tiara of white flowers in her hand.

?Padmé, Padmé, wear this!?

Padmé laughed, and thanked her sister. She wore it proudly all day long, and eventually forgot it was there.

3. Roain_Xantos

Roain_Xantos Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    Aww! I love Ryoo and Pooja!!! *gasp!* you're setting up Ani as bait?!?! Or...you're haveing him set himself up as bait, but he doesn't know it?! Shame, shame. :p

~*Roain <><

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Short but good chapters and I love to see where it leads to

5. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    thank you all so much for your comments! [face_blush]

Chapter 18

?Target confirmed,? said a man in an alleyway Padmé had just passed by.

?Come home, Kiley. I?m in need of your assistance,? said the female voice on the other end of the comlink.

Kiley smiled. ?I thought you?d never ask.?

Turning the com off, he got one last look at the Senator before he retreated to his speeder on the other end of the alley.

Things were going well...

Chapter 19

As Anakin walked down the street, he felt welcomed. Almost like he belonged there...

Well, you do belong here...Padmé?s here...

Anakin froze. He saw her.

Ducking around a food cart of hanging fruits, he watched her pass, and longed ever so passionately for her, but also a sigh of relief escaped him.

She?s safe...

He saw her sister, mother, and one of her nieces, but couldn?t find the other. Searching the crowds, he finally saw her, standing in front of an alleyway, appearing to talk to someone. Curious, Anakin walked closer to her, careful not to let Padmé see him. An arm appeared out of the alley, giving her a white tiara made of some flowers. As he drew nearer, he heard a voice tell her, ?Now, go give this to your aunt, okay??

?Okay!? she shrilled.

Anakin was hiding in the shade of a tienda of a small shop, close to the alley. As he watched her give Padmé the tiara, he heard the voice say, ?Target confirmed.?

Anakin froze, his blood boiling. Using the Force to heighten his senses, he heard the owner of the voice retreat within the alley, turning his back on him...

Anakin donned his hood and slipped into the alley just as the man was reaching his speeder. Anakin quickened his pace, focused on getting this creep that was watching his wife...

Pulling out a tracking beacon, he quietly took a right, turning his back on the speeder, but then silently crouched behind it, and attached the beacon. When he saw it was blinking silently, he smiled, then got up and kept walking away from the speeder.

When Anakin heard the turbines leaving the alley, Anakin grinned.

I have a lead.

Deciding he would wait until dark to see where his mystery speeder showed up, he returned to the room the Council had arranged for him.

6. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005

Chapter 19

He was in the speeder lot before a dock. He had found the speeder, searched it, and had copied all the information on all the datapads they could find. But he wouldn?t find them.

As Cazaria watched, the cute long-haired brunette she was watching jumped out of the speeder, then started scanning the lot.

He raised one hand in the air, his fingertips pointed to the sky...

Then the transmission from the security camera was gone, and Cazaria lept up and headed for the dock.

7. Roain_Xantos

Roain_Xantos Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    *pshew* I thought the tiara was gonna explode or something!! *gah!*

~*Roain <><

8. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005

Chapter 20

Someone will come now, thought Anakin. I?ve blown the security camera on the right perimeter.

Just then, Anakin thought he saw Obi-Wan walk towards the building. Curious, he started to take a step, but he was gone.

Chapter 21

Cazaria peered around the corner, holding a blaster with both hands. She saw the man she had seen on the view-screen back at their headquarters. Oh well, she thought.

Hopefully Kiley?s mission is proving more fruitful.

9. Darth_Manion

Darth_Manion Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 5, 2007
    . . . suspense . . . building . . . [face_worried]

Very good! This bite-sized chapter format makes it much easier to read when you're in a hurry . . . like me.

10. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    I like the quick posts and fast dialogue... nice story

11. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    thanks, guys! :)

Chapter 22

She?s even hotter in person.

Kiley was staring at the Senator from outside her window at her parent?s home; exactly as they had predicted. Snapping out of his forming fantasy, Kiley silently broke the lock on the window, and put liberal amounts of grease on the hinges.

Armed with a syringe full of sedative, Kiley stepped into the room. As the Senator stirred in her sleep, Kiley quickened his movements. Just as he slipped the needle under her skin, the Senator jerked, and her eyes popped open. Kiley forced a hand over her mouth as she tried to scream, as the other hand was steadily fed her system the sedative.

He smiled as her struggles became weaker, and when her eyes finally closed and he had confirmed she was limp, he stole a kiss, stroking her fine, soft hair.

He lifted her gently out of her sleep-couch, and into the speeder. The sedative was supposed to last at least twelve hours, which was convenient; Cazaria obviously had no faith in him. But then again, he thought with a smile, she is my wife.

Chapter 23

Meanwhile, Cazaria didn?t know what to do. He was a Jedi, obviously looking for the Senator, but he was unknowing that he was too late.

She decided not to take any chances. Just because he blew the cameras doesn?t mean he?s worth gunning down.

Sneaking away, she headed for the headquarters.

12. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005

Chapter 24

Anakin suddenly felt a surge in the Force.

Padmé?s in trouble.

Not one to stand by and do nothing, Anakin started patrolling the perimeter of the dock?s security building. Seeing a woman running towards a speeder, he pulled her away from it using the Force. She landed belly-up with her head at his feet.

Picking her up by the scruff of her shirt, he brought her to eye-level and growled softly, ?Where is Senator Amidala??

She glared at him.

Anakin recognized her as Cazaria Tah, one of the criminals out for Padmé.

?Where is your husband?? Anakin demanded. Then realization erupted in his chest.

Anakin nearly dropped her. Instead, he shoved her on the ground and kept her there with the Force. Taking the opportunity to double-check his suspicions with the woman, he voiced his thoughts.

?Rolyat?s gone to kidnap the Senator, while you?re here waiting for him.?

Eyeing the docks, he added, ?Your center of operations must be only accessible by water. That?s why you need to keep an eye on the docks.?

When Tah didn?t move, he asked, ?What of the ionite bombs??

They would never want to blow the palace to bits when there?s so much worth stealing in there.

?Was your only intent to kidnap the Senator...in order to get something that the palace is guarding??

Tah didn?t answer. Anakin crouched beside her as he reached into her mind with the Force.

?You want to show me your headquarters.?

?I want to show you our headquarters,? Tah repeated, her eyes out of focus.

?You want to show me where you?re keeping the Senator.?

?I want to show you where we?ll keep the Senator.?

Anakin frowned. ?Where you will keep??

Rolyat?s kidnapping Padmé right now.

Then I?m not too late...But I?m still far from the answers.

Turning on the woman, Anakin brought her to eye level again, using the Force to hold her throat.

?Why are you trying to kidnap the Senator??

13. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005

Chapter 25

Job well done! thought Kiley.

He was driving to the docks, with the Senator in the backseat. Pulling up, he saw Cazaria being held maybe two inches from the ground by a man in robes...

Jedi.

Accelerating, he aimed to drive between his wife and the Jedi. He succeeded, and the Jedi backed off, giving Cazaria time to jump in the passenger?s seat in the front. As he turned on the anti-gravitational pull, the speeder began to soar into the air. Cazaria was rubbing her neck, gasping. Looking in the backseat, she saw the Senator.

?Good job, honey,? she said with a grin.

Cazaria looked beyond the Senator to the docks they were leaving far behind. The Jedi?s expression was unreadable, but he seemed to be watching them leave as he stood motionless.

?They?ll never find the cave, will they?? she said confidently.

Kiley grinned. ?I don?t think so.?

Chapter 26

Anakin stared after them, heartbroken. Padmé...

Turning his sadness into anger, the transaction fueled him. He turned from the docks, and headed to his own speeder. Turning on the view screen, he saw the homing beacon attached to the speeder. He had thrown it in the backseat.

Hopefully it?s stuck to Padmé?s robes, but the speeder would give me a pretty good start.

14. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    This looks cool!

If you offer PMs, could you send me them when you update!?

15. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    I'll only mass PM when someone tells me how to. :)

-Lures @};-

16. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005

Chapter 27

The next thing Padmé knew was that she was lying in a speeder. Her head ached, but as she raised a hand to caress her temples, the speeder stopped. Groggily, she tried to see through her cloudy vision, but she heard voices that cut through her concentration. As she listened, she found her hearing was also impaired.

?...put her in the cell...?

?I?ll see you for dinner.?

?You?d better.?

Her head exploded in pain, and she lost consciousness again.

Chapter 28

She finally awoke on a cold, stone slab that had been cut from the rock of the cave she was occupying. There were bars in the foyer of her little room, and as she sat up she saw the reflections of water dancing on the wall. Slowly becoming aware, she looked down at the clothes she was wearing.

I didn?t change...

Examining her new quarters, she noted a small table next to her make-shift sleep-couch, which was laden with a shining silver plate of fruit. There was nothing else in her room, but there was plenty of space to pace. As Padmé looked down the hall that turned sharply to the left from her cell door, she saw a security camera watching her cell door.

Realizing she was not dreaming, she began to plan her escape.

Chapter 29

?How?s our princess doing?? asked Cazaria.

?Just fine,? replied Kiley, as he watched the security screens. ?Getting used to her new living arrangements, I see.?

?Very wise, for the worst queen we?ve ever had.?

Kiley turned to his wife, beaming at her. ?You really mean that??

?You know I do.?

?Good, makes this a little less painless for us.?

?What about her, though??

?I say we keep her here until we find a place to plant those,? said Kiley, pointing to a stack of boxes on one wall.

?Smart.?

Chapter 30

Anakin was walking to the Naberrie?s house, anxious to see what they knew about Padmé.

?Can we help you?? said Mrs. Naberrie, after answering the door. Her eyes were bloodshot, and Anakin could tell she had been crying. ?Oh, Master Anakin!?

?I?m here investigating the disappearance of Senator Amidala,? he said with a heavy heart. ?My sources tell me this is where she last stayed before her?departure.?

?Padmé?do you mind if I call her Padmé??was staying with us...something about needing to get away...but she?s been here for less a week, and then this morning I found her window unlocked and sheets ripped off the sleep-couch??

She burst into tears. ?She was kidnapped right under our noses!? she sobbed. ?I told the girls she had to go back to Coruscant for her job but I don?t think they believe me??

?It?s all right, Mrs. Naberrie,? said Anakin, somewhat comforted to think that there was someone else who shared his own grief.

?Do whatever you can to find her, please!?

?I?m doing my best.? You?re acting how I feel, Anakin added mentally.

Anakin went back to his speeder, and tracked down the device he had attached to the speeder and hoping Padmé was safely attached to it.

After he confirmed the coordinates, he sped off into the day.

Suddenly, he thought he saw Obi-Wan walking toward him, but the next second he was gone.

It?s like avoiding him at the Temple, Anakin thought.

17. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005

Chapter 31

?I moved the princess so we can keep a better eye on her,? said Kiley.

?Oh?? asked Cazaria.

?Right in the back of the cave,? he said proudly.

Cazaria cocked an eyebrow. ?Won?t she be able to see everything we do, thus she could be a witness against us??

?Never thought of that,? Kiley admitted. ?But we could always brainwash her later.?

?I suppose,? Cazaria sighed. ?Don?t we have a brainwash-thingy in one of those boxes??

?Maybe,? he said. ?I never really liked labeling.?

?I noticed,? she grinned accusingly.

Just then, the man in robes Kiley had seen in the speeder lot burst through the blast doors at the head of the cave.

Chapter 32

?Anakin!? cried Padmé.

Anakin ignited his lightsaber. Kiley stepped behind Cazaria, who had pulled out a blaster.

?Here?s what?s goin? down,? said Cazaria, her eyes narrowed and threatening. ?The princess stays with us, and you?re going to walk out of here unharmed.?

?You know, for a kidnapping, treacherous criminal,? said Anakin as he took large steps towards her, ?you?re pretty stupid.?

Slicing her blaster in half and separating the couple against the wall, Anakin apprehended them in record timing. He snapped binders on their hands as they lied on their stomachs after their run-in with the wall. Padmé honestly didn?t know what to think. Anakin had just saved her, but she didn?t know whether or not to be mad at him still.

Anakin left them unconscious on their stomachs, and rushed over to Padmé. He hugged her through the bars, and asked, ?Are you alright??

?Yes, I?m fine??

?Why did you leave??

Padmé hesitated. ?You never told me you had left...?

?You can?t expect me to tell you every move I make!?

?But it?d be nice to know if you?ve left the planet or not!?

?Padmé...? Anakin sighed. ?In the scheme of things, this is stupid. How about if I tell you where my next mission will be as soon as I get it from the Council, and you live on Coruscant??

?Alright,? Padmé nodded. ?But the first place you come after you report to the Council is home to me.?
    ?Alright, alright,? Anakin said, hugging her again. ?I?m just so happy you?re safe...?

?I can take care of myself Anakin!?

Anakin smiled. ?Let?s not go there, okay??

Chapter 33

As Anakin led Padmé outside to his speeder, he could have sworn Obi-Wan was walking past the speeder to the beach. He shook his head furiously, trying to shake the visions out...if they were visions.

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    As Anakin led Padmé outside to his speeder, he could have sworn Obi-Wan was walking past the speeder to the beach. He shook his head furiously, trying to shake the visions out...if they were visions.

Wonderful! =D=

19. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    Thank you all for your posts and support, but I'm sorry to say that this story has come to end. I hope you all enjoyed it, but it's time to move on to the next adventure!

-Lures @};-

20. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    upping so people can find this. :)

-Lures @};-

21. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    upping just cuz ;)

-Lures @};-

22. ShadowofLures