main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Film Music Hall - New Board Rules [no longer] in Effect

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by RidingMyCarousel, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Guys, the Film Music of non-SW music wasn't taken away. It was put in the Amphitheatre. All you have to do is post there. ;) :)

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    But, but, but.... Oh nevermind. :p

"Good god. If you want to discuss everything Williams, change the board name to "Giant Poll for Williams Fans". Williams is not film music as a whole. He may be the most well known name to film music illiterate people, but good god, does the world have to revolve around him?"

So you'd rather have less than more? :confused:
    Also, Williams did all the Star Wars movies, so of course he will be more closely associated with a Star Wars forum. :)

3. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Can nobody remember the Shadows of the Empire score? Williams didn't do it all! ;)

4. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Okay, okay, semantics. :p

Same goes for the Knights of the Old Republic music and Bounty Hunter and Force Commander.

You're a picky little mod, but you'll soon learn some respect! We have use for you on the Mods' Chancellor Barge.

:p

5. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Hehe.
    Just let me drink the drinks instead of passing them out and we're all going to be fine ;)

6. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Sorry for the lateness of this post in light of the decision.

RMCOY, in my opinion, you've done the absolute right thing in this case. Don't let the "hatahs" get ya down ;) When I post here, it's about Star Wars music only, and I think that topic certainly deserves its own forum. No offense to Sithman, but I didn't enjoy LOTR at all, and had no interest in discussing the movie or the music. I'm glad those discussions still have their place in the JC, but SW music has its own, exclusive home. Good job.

7. JonathonVandergriff

JonathonVandergriff Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2000
    It has been my experience that discussion boards are best left untouched by moderators, except to filter out the vulgar language.

In fact, I was on a board once where everyone got along fine without ANY rules what so ever, except for the language thing. It was actually pretty funny...someone started talking about a topic, then in the course of their message they inadvertently used some profanity. A script in the board website automatically converted the profanity to various symbols and numbers, like %*$!. Then, instead of talking about the subject that was originally posted, a long conversation started about the conversion of profanity into symbols. Dozens of posts appeared testing the limits of the system, with ingenius ways to get around the scripts. It was hillarious...off the wall conversations taking place, each response so witty and funny that you want ALL boards to be the same way.

I will continue to post off-star wars topics in the film music board until the name has been changed. If you want me to stop, change the name to Star Wars Music and make it abundantly clear that it is for Star Wars music only, and that any negative comments are to be directed toward the person who changed it, then the email address posted.

8. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    The name was changed a few hours ago, as well as the board description.

9. JonathonVandergriff

Dec 29, 2000
    It still reads "Film Music Hall" on the pulldown menu. Until THAT is changed, I will continue to post non-star wars topics.

10. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Well, it appears the board has been updated.

However, threats are not appreciated by anyone here, and it's definitely not a good way to go about getting things done.

Sorry to come in here, I just wanted to say that.

11. JonathonVandergriff

Dec 29, 2000
    If I had intended to threaten anyone, I would have made it very clear. Unless the name of the board is changed (which it was), it still means that music other than Star Wars could have been discussed there. Or, it could be assumed that Film Music Hall mods were closing everything non-star wars even, though it says Film Music Hall. If you want the rules to be followed, make sure the rules are consistenly enforced.

This will be my last post on this board. It's not fun anymore.

12. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "However, threats are not appreciated by anyone here..."

Thank you for coming all the way over here to say that. I must have misread; where are these "threats"?

13. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Bad interpretation on my part.

Just took it as a "change this or else" statement.

Sorry for posting in the first place. It was unnecessary.

14. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    royalguard96, in response to you, I would pose you the question if this forum ever surpressed any Star Wars music discussion. And in reverse, how many specific film music threads can exist in the Amphitheatre?

15. Darth_Silenous

Darth_Silenous Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm pretty indifferent about the change. Personally, I'm glad the board remained, though I'm very disappointed by the way many old-timers have handled its change. I'd have expected a bit more adaptation. Still, it would have been easier if these rules had been set in the first place.

I've never really used this board for my general film score discussions -- filmscoremonthly.com has been enough for that -- so the change doesn't affect me directly. I'm glad you've allowed the board to remain, and I hope most of the older users stay.

:)

16. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    how many specific film music threads can exist in the Amphitheatre?

As many as are created, assuming none are redundant.

17. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I hereby overturn the "new rules" as stated in this thread, and open the forum to any film score discussion, like it was before.

:D

18. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I have also unlocked some of the previously locked non-SW threads. I have even upped a few.

If you see any others you wish unlocked, just PM me.

19. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    "just PM me"

I have a better idea: *hugs* :D

nice title-edit, too :D

:cool:

20. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    TLJ you did this. We should be hugging you.

\\hugs TLJ\\

I did not realize all this drama happened right around my birthday... :( November 17 is my birthday. Must have brought me down a bit I imagine.

Well all is better now! :)

21. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001

my very late birthday present to you, then ;)

22. AmeiaSkywalker

AmeiaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    Yay! Now we can discuss music besides the same thing, repeated over and over... ;)
    Good work Ken!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.