main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Final Battle AU bits of J/TK and definitely YV 12/27: Attack of the Characters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SilSolo, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    THought I'd say, there's one whopping 8-page action scene coming up in the next post, which should be sometime next week. Now, gotta get back to the one after that and try to finish this fic before school starts.

2. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
  3. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    *drags fic on a leash back to page 1*

Now, to go back to those hilarious pictures I found.

4. mastersolo

mastersolo Jedi Master star 1

Jun 24, 2003
    Either last or second to last post before school starts, but definitely not the last one I?m going to write for this summer. *glances at humongous pile of fics and fanart before continuing*

Part 32: Ben vs. Nom Anor

As Ben Skywalker dashed out of the citadel and pushed his way through the massive battle that raged at the front entrance, a Jedi Master, through the Force, called out to Ben in an increasingly distant voice and attempted to grab the boy with a fading hand.

Ben raised layer upon layer of shielding on his mind as the long-untouched bonds began to tug him back to the room where he left the first team of Jedi to strike at the fortress. However, even when he was protected to the point where he could not feel the Force, he could still feel himself wanting to return, not only for Sil but also for the Jedi Masters he left behind. The rogue Jedi shuddered to think about the identities of the ones he left to whatever their fate would be.

It?s not rational. Sil?s a Hapan princess and she?ll call for help from giant fleets because like any other woman from that blasted world, she doesn?t like to dirty her hands much. They?re Jedi Masters and any one of them will do better in there than me. Still, I?m leaving m? Nah, that old recording I found in Artoo said attachment?s forbidden and I?m sure we?ll all get a huge reunion soon. Ben forced his urges out of his mind as he hiked through Vong life and decaying buildings in search of a vehicle.

Suddenly, Ben?s ankle met an elastic vine as he made some halfhearted attempts to swat a few insects from his face. He raised his bleeding wrist before him as a shield and braced himself for pain from the bite wounds when the vine threw him backwards. The Jedi?s body wove several 360-degree spins in midair as if it was made of noodles before he landed headfirst on a soft canopy barely able to support his weight.

A few branches and vines snapped, and Ben slammed into some sort of metal, indenting it in several places. As he brushed twigs, leaves, and other living matter off his face and out of his unruly, red hair, he could not believe his sight. Speeders of every size, shape and model were strewn like rags across the muddy floor.

Not caring much about models and speed capabilities, Ben merely examined the amount of fuel remaining in the nearest speeder and ran a few basic tests when he learned that the fuel mark was as high as it could possibly go. Ben needed to get somewhere and he needed to get there fast, for he had a feeling that he made a lethal mistake sometime after he touched Coruscant. Ben then grabbed the raw, metal edge of the door, ignoring the pain as a razor-sharp edge cut a gash across his hand, and swung his body out of the speeder for one final task.

Ben wiped the blood on his hands off on the floor before he removed one of his lightsabers and activated it. He then dropped to one knee and carved a note onto the floor, saying ?I, Ben Skywalker, will return this speeder in prime condition. If I don?t, you have my name.?

The Jedi hopped back into the vehicle and pressed the button he thought was the speed control. Instead of the expected result, Ben was answered with a bathe of warm colors splashing all over the many surfaces of the hangar. He had an idea as to what he did, but he was rushed and thinking about trivial things was a waste of time for the moment.

?What is your news, servant?? Shimrra growled when one of his underlings reported to him.

?Dread Lord, this citadel has become infested with Skywalker filth. The Hapan princess, who is Skywalker in all but name, runs loose with her crèche-mate, Ben Skywalker, who destroyed our trophies.?

?What is your point?? The large Yuuzhan Vong snapped, sending a chill down the spine of the servant with the crimson glare of his twin maa?it implants. ?What is your proof??

?Dread Lord, there are many Skywalkers loose in this holy building! My spider captured these images.? Without waiting for the Supreme Overlord?s response, the informant produced a villip f

5. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Blasted internet connection, unreliable mower, and oversized lawn! I'm back nonethless. :)

6. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
  7. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    So like Nom Anor to beg for mercy when it's clear he's beaten. What a coward.

Excellent Sil :D

8. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    So tru, Spike.

9. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
  10. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    ?I, Ben Skywalker, will return this speeder in prime condition. If I don?t, you have my name.?

[face_laugh]

I estimate there are eight Jeedai defiling your home, three of whom are of the leading domain.?

o_O Who are they!?

A series of thick, organic fibers, all of which originated from Jysella?s two hands

That's a new Force power...

?That?s a police speeder? Are you sure??
    ?Yeah, I?d recognize one of those anywhere.

Jysella had some trouble with the law? :p

The weight, combined with the momentum of Crest?s fall, sent her crashing into a branch of a toxic plant and the girl slumped into unconsciousness.

:eek:

As if Jysella had slammed into an invisible wall, she stopped, her head bounced forward like a ball tied to a spring, and she dropped to her knees as she coughed up some blood. Since she had no free hands with which to clutch her wound, the scarlet blood gushed freely into the hungry robeskin.

:eek:

If you feel something in the Force that isn?t me, blondie, or this speeder, it?s my personal speeder.?

Seeing as she said that twice, I think it's pretty obvioius Ben's going to see something in the Force that is not Jysella's speeder o_O

Jysella gave in to her wounded body?s desires. Her eyelids dropped and she once again saw the paradisiacal world called the Nether World and her ears picked up its sad, melodious music instead of silence. On the second visit, it seemed, the Nether World welcomed Jysella and guided her to the people in the sky.

You did not just kill Jysella! :eek:

Great post, Sil :) Very exciting battle with Nom Anor. Can't wait to see what happens next and I hope Crest and Jysella survive [face_worried]

11. mastersolo

Jun 24, 2003
    YK: Who are they!?

All I can say is that one of the other readers got a few hints out of me back on page 1.

That's a new Force power...

Not really. Remember those implants that scared the wits out of Sil and Crest?

Jysella had some trouble with the law

Can't say much on that one, except check SIl's comment on the speed at which Jysella flew her speeder.

Seeing as she said that twice, I think it's pretty obvioius Ben's going to see something in the Force that is not Jysella's speeder

That just might be the case.

You did not just kill Jysella!

Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.

That Anakin Solo was such a wonderful date, and to make it even better, that ghost form matches my undeath perfect. Now, to get the stars out of my head and to get posting.

So frustrating to try and type as I download physics solver onto my calc, but here goes. I don?t have a whole lot of experience writing several of the characters who?re about to step into the action, so please point out my mistakes.

Part 33: Family Reunion

Several Jedi, all Masters, stood before the remains of a large, bulky ship and examined their surroundings, both with their eyes and the Force.

?She?s here.? Jacen muttered as he reached into the Force and found his first child after following a convoluted, clogged path. He touched the Hapan, but the response was at a minimum, indicating that the girl was still alive but either asleep or not willing to talk. As he retracted his overstretched probe, the Jedi Master felt six presences he had not felt since around the time Sil was born. Perhaps the time extended even longer, since he and Zekk left for the Unknown Regions months before then.

The other Jedi chosen to take the planet from the surface chatted as they prepared to complete their task, but Jacen remained oblivious to the chatter until one person asked. ?The Hapan kid??

?And every other Jedi to visit this planet after it was taken.? Jacen replied. He could sense the others question his seriousness and with a mere, unconscious thought, he silenced the suspicion. Such was one of the many side effects of initiating and holding too many battle melds.

?I feel? Emperor?s black bones!? One Jedi swore as he reached into the Force and felt the same people Jacen had sensed. ?They are all in that monster of a castle, aren?t they??

?Yes.? Jacen replied as he led the way to the citadel and tried not to think about the changes that occurred in the beautiful and yet ugly landscape since his last visit. The planet was once and could never again be the cold, busy place he called home. In its place was an unnatural, thick carpet of flora that only Tahiri could describe as a divine piece of artwork.

The hatred aroused freshly in Jacen?s veins, as if he was once again following Vergere?s silent tour, but the Jedi Master refused to allow emotion to dominate. There was no dark side, but there was also no need to end innocent lives. His goal was to pick up a child before she could cause or find herself in trouble and to defeat the Supreme Overlord, a mission, which accomplished, will most likely send the scarheads packing.

?Great Jeedai!? One Yuuzhan Vong waved her amphistaff in the air when the Jedi reached the citadel. ?Have we prepared adequately for your arrival, divine ones??

Jacen gasped at the horrific scene before him. Body piled upon bloody body and limbs were everywhere before they were all pushed to the sides to ?make way for the Jeedai gods?. So far, after fifteen years, those Yuuzhan Vong still had yet to learn their lesson in fanaticism.

?I am Taan, priestess of Hun Harla, selected by her student and visited by Yun Neshel.? The female, obviously a Shamed One, dropped her amphistaff and bowed before the group of Jedi.

?What?s this about my student?? Asked Jaina as she appeared at the scene at Jacen?s side. A sideways glance at a Chiss ship attacking from a rather low altitude told him all he needed to know about how his twin arrive

12. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I think the "newcomers" are Luke and Mara [face_mischief]

Great post and excellent art work, Sil :) :D

And I'm glad your date with Anakin went well ;)

13. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Morgoth_The_Enemy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Missed so much!!!! Must...catch...Up!!!!!!

Sorry I'm late Sil! I'll catch up and review ASAP okay?! for now though, a simple UP will have to suffice!

Morgoth (Dark Lord of coathangers...don't ask)

14. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    YK: Thanks. You have just guessed what I've been preparing for more than a year (ever since someone asked me about Luke). I guess that proves that my characterization wasn't too bad.

Morgoth: Thanks for upping!

Kodachi, apparently the most well-known of all of my characters (from all of my fics put together), just filled out VC's questionaire, which you can see here: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=21194173&start=21212096

15. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Just caught up Sil. I wonder if the newcomers are Luke and Mara...or someone else... :p

Nice coverart BTW.

16. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Thanks, Spike. You have guessed correctly.

17. mastersolo

Jun 24, 2003
    Part 34

?Stop!? Sil murmured as the roaring of the Force in her head became unbearable. She drew up walls around her mind in an effort to reduce the chaos, but the walls served only to bounce the feelings, making the princess more nauseated than ever before. As the level of the disturbance skyrocketed far beyond the threshold, Sil dropped the shields she raised like an armload of porcelain dishes.

Sil looked for help from the mental walls that surrounded her mind for as long as she could remember, but rather than helping the princess, those walls seemed to make everything worse, as if they?re linked to the source of the disturbance.

The impact from landing on the net of veins tore open Sil?s leg wound and the blood once again gushed freely as physical pain spiked up her leg and joined the Force-noises in tormenting the Jedi. In a desperate effort to shunt the pain, Sil took a mental leap. Once again, she found herself in the strange world whose beauty rivaled that of Hapes. She glanced up and saw Jysella disappearing into the sky. Out of instinct, Sil leapt up after the older Jedi.

?Jysella?? Sil addressed the older Jedi as the princess floated up behind the other woman.

Jysella seemed to ignore Sil and poked her head into the sky, as if to join the innumerable people there. As she gained altitude, a flight suit and a Jedi cloak began to appear on her body and fit over the Yuuzhan Vong implants that appeared on her this time. She whispered as she extended her arms for a long-awaited hug. ?Doneeta.?

?Jysella, you?re early, but welcome nonetheless.? Whispered an aging twi?lek, apparently the one named Doneeta, as he appeared before Jysella. ?You use the Force; you?re not supposed to be one with it.?

?You call yourself heir to the throne and you?re back as soon as I send you down? I?m disappointed.? A tall, slim woman with a rather angular face, half of which hid under a scarlet veil, appeared before Sil.

The princess wanted to come up with an excuse for being in the realm between the physical world and the Force, but she swallowed her retort and placed a hand on Jysella?s shoulder. ?Come on, Jysella. We?d better go back.?

Jysella barely nodded and followed Sil absentmindedly as she stared longingly at the would-be embrace from which she was torn. Several tears streaked down her glistening cheek, but Sil ignored the tears and dragged the other Jedi down. Thoughts flashed through Sil?s gray eyes at lightspeed as the princess changed her heart.

Jysella saw the blurred shape of a Barabbel, most likely one of he Sebatynes, and two beings that she could not identify through her inexplicably blurred vision. It did not matter who was sent down to help her. There was a Barabbel helping her, and he did not deserve to have a mindless shell of a person as a reward for sharing his energy. Jysella?s jaw dropped as she watched the helpers, whom Ben commed, treat her blood-soaked body as dead and she quickly dove for the border of the physical plane in order to return to her body and prove herself alive.

Wake up and get down, Sil! The Hapan princess heard a voice in her head, which compelled her to finally follow Jysella back into the physical realm again, and murmured in response. ?Daddy??

The princess stirred slightly, but then stopped. She was warm in her corner of wherever she was and she was free from the pain in the reopened wound on her leg and from the mysterious headaches that had been bouncing around the heavy shields of her mind ever since a few seconds after she was hurled onto the place.

Down beneath the princess, Jacen could feel but not see his daughter. Judging from his Force senses and what he could see, he knew that Sil was perched in a difficult position and almost impossible to remove. The dripping robeskin spoke of serious bleeding, which her pale skin confirmed, and a probe at her shields revealed feelings from the Force.

Jacen recognized the design of the shielding as that of the Queen Mother?s and all of a sudden knew why Sil was feelin

18. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    The impact from landing on the net of veins tore open Sil?s leg wound and the blood once again gushed freely as physical pain spiked up her leg and joined the Force-noises in tormenting the Jedi.

Ouch! :eek:

?Doneeta.?

Cool to see him again! :cool:

Inside the lair were two Yuuzhan Vong, one a scared servant and the other the Supreme Overlord, whose massive structure stood taller than even the tallest members of Domain Lah.

Can't believe they've finally made it to Shimrra and Onimi :D

?The Master, the Twins, and the pathetic. You come to die again and it will be my honor to deliver you these deaths.?
    ?You forgot the Hapan.? Sil interrupted as she took the cloak off her head and emerged.

Maybe that's what he meant by "pathetic" :p

?And I thought my Aunt Alema needs a makeover.

[face_laugh]

At the center of the room, Luke Skywalker, the newly unfrozen leader of the Jedi, batted down weapon after weapon.

Yes! :D

Great post, Sil :) This is getting so exciting. Liked Sil and Jysella's little trip to the Jedi netherworld and it was good that Jacen finally caught up with them. Now Luke is there as well and they're all ready to fight Shimrra :D Can't wait to see how it turns out :)

19. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Ouch! shock
    Yup, that hurts

Cool to see him again

Even if he's not the famed Tott Doneeta?

Can't believe they've finally made it to Shimrra and Onimi grin

Shouldn't be that hard to believe since they've had previous experience with the layout.

aybe that's what he meant by "pathetic"

Gah I hate this not remembering the stuff that I intentionally left vague! I suppose this is why I sometimes hate posting long after I write.

Thanks for reading! I hope I'll be able to get on sometime this weekend.

20. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    ?I really don?t like bats!? Sil shrieked as she chopped down a juvenile rancor with a vonduun crab shell for a torso.

?Then let?s bat ?em down!?

[face_laugh]

Pun intended? :p

21. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
  22. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    *Force pushes up*

23. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    thanks for upping and now up again!

the update was suppose dto come last sat, but unfortunately, I couldn't find the time to connect my laptop to the internet, so it'll have to go this weekend. It's likely to be Sunday night since half of all my classes were either AP or Honors and I don't want to catch myself surfing 'til after everything's done. If only I didn't watch those DVDs last weekend instead of getting on the comp.

24. mastersolo

Jun 24, 2003
    I hate to break up battle scenes, but DWB forced my hand.
    Part 35: Revealed

Tesar Sebatyne?s eyes narrowed as he struggled against his body?s urges to drop and take a nap. Whose brilliant idea was it to lead us all into a carbon-freezing pool? The Barabel wondered, scratching his scaly head in an attempt to recall the name of the one who led him to the freezing chamber.

After an indefinite amount of time, the light from the setting sun finally began to warm the Jedi?s cold blood and reenergize him. Just as the Barabbel began to revel in the heat, Tahiri, who led the hunt, took him and Tekli into the shady Well of the World Brain, where the mysterious Flames person said Jysella and someone named Crest were.

A hiss escaped the Barabbel?s lips as jealousy tugged at him for the first time in perhaps two decades. The Chadra-Fan was fortunate to be warm-blooded and Tahiri?s abilities made her the only suitable leader of the hunt. The jealousy soon turned into anger and hints of hatred, for Tesar?s species, as a whole, hated to hunt in packs and not to lead the hunts.

?Thiz one smellz blood. They are near.? The Barabbel calmly stated after the furry Jedi?s pheromones soothed his emotions. Then, without noticing

?This is strange.? Murmured Tekli as she knelt down and examined the petite woman leaning against the speeder. ?There?s a pulse, but there?s no Force presence. Her body temperature is thirty-three standard degrees and dropping.?

?I think that?s Crest. Weirder still, Jysella has maa?vu vines on her fingers and that stuff on the back of her hand?s an ooglith replacer.? Analyzed Tahiri after studying Jysella?s undisguised hands.

?I stopped the blood flow. Should I remove these implants?? Asked the furry healer.

?This one thinkz she iz dead.?

?Not yet. Not if you leave my hands alone. So hot.? Groaned the weak Jysella as she barely budged two of her fingers. Once Tesar recovered from his surprise, he touched the young woman and began to lend her what energy he had. Her excruciating pain became his and his strength became hers.

?Sure. We?ll take you to our medcenter and Tekli will treat you two.? Replied Tahiri.

?Get that Nom Anor? Talk to the World Brain.? Much to the three rescuers? surprise, Jysella used her borrowed energy to talk rather than heal. ?That creep gave me this nasty gut stab and he?s got the means to kill almost everyone in this system.?

?You?re not making any sense.? Tekli shook her head as the Barabbel used his reptilian strength to lift up both Crest and Jysella.

?Help Ben catch Nom Anor and save lots of lives! That should make more sense. I?ll go back to being a good girl.? Jysella gave a ghost of a weak grin before falling into a healing trance.

Sheng Lah closed his purple tinted brown eyes in an effort to concentrate on himself and to see if his Vongsense had recovered enough for him to face the warmistress. Instead of seeing total darkness, the Yuuzhan Vong Jedi saw himself as a child standing with a crowd of friends by a lake on Zonama.

?Scared of drowning, Sheng?? Asked one of the Ferroans at Sheng Lah?s side.

?Nah, not a chance.? Hoping to prove himself, Sheng Lah dived into the lake after a short run.

?See ya on the other side!? The Ferroan grinned and dashed along the shore until he stood directly across from his previous position.

?Sure!? The Yuuzhan Vong child managed as he momentarily pulled his head out of the water. The Jedi became puzzled when he suddenly shifted from the Force-shown perspective to that of a flashback. It was good to remember the golden days, the time when Sheng Lah was and was treated as normal, but what did the old rite of passage have to do with any of the questions he wanted answered?

The Jedi was left no time to think when he found his younger self in a tangle of underwater plants. He held his breath for as long as he could as he tried to untie himself, but he was soon forced to break the surface for a breath. He thought his mouth and nose were above the surface o

25. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Whoa! Nice and exciting updates! The artwork was really good too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.