main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Final Battle AU bits of J/TK and definitely YV 12/27: Attack of the Characters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SilSolo, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Thanks, Briman.

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    ?Help Ben catch Nom Anor and save lots of lives! That should make more sense. I?ll go back to being a good girl.?

[face_laugh]

Looks like Sheng is ready to go now, and it was nice seeing Tesar again :D

Good post, Sil :) Can't wait for the carnage to come! [face_devil]

3. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Thanks. The carnage's coming and some people are headed for the slaughter.

4. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    UUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP *headbutts fic*

5. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Up again

EDIT: Got through a page of the next post. I can guarantee a really long post for the next time, whenever that is because I can't resist elaborating on the action and this fic's no exception.

6. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    I'm down for that, Sil :D

7. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Great to hear that, Bri.

8. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    I'm thoroughly enjoying your story, but I have to admit, my favorite characters in this fic are the Vong. It's too easy for most people to gloss over their personalities or exaggerate them excessively. You've found the right mix here, which I wish I could replicate! They are the one group of characters that I am too scared to write about;)

And I like Ben. He's like a younger, spunky (dare I say it) Luke. [face_laugh]

9. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Thanks. Writing Yuuzhan Vong isn't that hard, and if you're looking for people who can really write them, I suggest you try Killik_Twilight, Vongchild, and YodaKenobi as well. Glad you're liking this and it's good to know the modification I made to Ben was a good one.

10. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Next posts: 3-post arc titled Tides Rising, Tides Breaking, and Tides Falling+one in between and that's it for the rest of the fic! Those next posts are going to be very long.

11. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Can't wait.

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    It'll be up asap (might be a while, but still asap)

13. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
  14. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    *sends up* :)

15. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Thanks, YK. Up again!!!!!

16. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm afraid I didn't get past the DWB that's stopping my next post, but I will finish this fic. There will be forty chapters in all and the last two are completed. Now, I just need to get to these action scenes.

17. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I'll update this, but be warned taht Physics has a thing for keeping my attention and murdering plot bunnies (and thankfully getting Across teh Stars out of my head).

18. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Looking forward to the updaye :D

19. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm looking forward to writing it. Anyways, for this weekend, if I have time left over from studying U.S. Hist (why can't I be good at anything Social Studies grr....), writing a rough draft for a research paper, doing Pre-Calc, Physics, and AP Chem provided that I don't get so much into it that I lose track of time, it'll be between ROTS and working on this fic. Well, if I get that far, I must make sure that I work on the next post and not some unfinished post that comes after it or on another fic (namely Code of Survivor, which you can find on fanfiction.net). I reorganized my files some time ago and can proudly say that this fic will be forty posts long, which probably means 60k words with all the long, action scenes coming up.

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I got news! While I didn't manage to write mroe of the next post, I got half a page of the 38th post done. Treacherous characters are so fun to write.

21. mastersolo

mastersolo Jedi Master star 1

Jun 24, 2003
    Phew finally logged in I'm so complaining to the admins.

I feel bad about hitting a 2-month record with my updating, or rather, lack of it, so, as I try to finish the three unfinished posts of the fic, I present to youâ?¦

Tidbit 36.5

As Jacen arrived at the entrance of the throne room again, he withdrew from the Force in an attempt to recover. For a moment, he saw the actual contents of the room, several dead Jedi and pieces of Vonglife, but his vision blurred and every occupant of the room save the Jedi, living or dead, melted away to nothing but a disgusting, gooey waste. The vision then zoomed out to include every planet in the system and all of a sudden, there was an echo of a disturbance, as if calamity of the future was resounding in the past.

Blending perfectly into the dark vacuum were two identical planets covered in the same waste from the throne room and the only difference between the planets was that Hapan Battle Dragons surrounded one while asteroids circled around the other. In the rest of the system, there were nothing but Alliance vessels and horrid chunks of decay. The vision suddenly zoomed back in, but it was to a pair of gray eyes somewhere and the scenes changed so quickly that the Jedi Master was left with no clue as to where those eyes were.

When Jacen deciphered the details of his vision, he felt cold, drained, and betrayed. His beloved queen could not have obtained a sample of and released Alpha Red, or worse, Gamma Red, could she? She was willing to exterminate the entire race of Yuuzhan Vong, save perhaps one or two, but she had fought against the diseases, arguing that it went against her witchâ??s honor. Could her warrior queen spirit have been broken? The Jedi shook his head.

As sweat poured down Jacenâ??s face, he opened himself to the meld in the Coruscanti sky and searched for the bold presence of his warrior queen. He wanted to sigh with relief and grin when he learned that his wife still held no intention of releasing the plagues, despite their many debates, but he remembered that this news could only mean unknown enemy. Was there another gray-eyed person out there who might favor the extinction of the Yuuzhan Vong species but not share the redheaded queenâ??s sense of honor?

Next: Whatever leads up to this

22. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Wow, great little tidbit, Sil :D Good to see Jacen taking action. And what's "Gamma Red"? I believe that's the first it's been mentioned...

Anyway, terrific, I can't wait for more :)

23. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I got over part of my writer's block and got between half a page and a page's worth of Luke scenes done. YAY! Expect a heavy disregard for all scientific principles.

24. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Up again!

25. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPP. Blasted DWB and my inability to write Luke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.