main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Final Battle AU bits of J/TK and definitely YV 12/27: Attack of the Characters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SilSolo, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mastersolo

mastersolo Jedi Master star 1

Jun 24, 2003
    Science/math homework+history+Lit=dead subplot bunnies, but I?ll give this a shot anyways. Just be warned that I don?t like it much and this is actually combined from the original parts 36 and 37 to cover up for DWB.
    Part 36: First Tide Rising

In Shimrra?s throne room, sarcastic insults flew as lightsabers clashed against amphistaffs, sending pieces of flesh and Vonglife flying from time to time. In one end of the oversized and usually capacious chamber, a Hapan princess and a Twi?lek did their best to stand their ground against a horde of unpredictable wildlife-turned attackers.

As the princess swung her silver saber to and fro, trying vainly to stop the advances of a hybrid of a monduul and a crystal snake. As the noisy creature crept closer and closer, fear began to slow the princess? movements considerably. The monster was on the verge of striking when the Twi?lek brought his weapon down in a lethal beheading for his current opponent and stabbed Sil?s attackers with the grace of a professional dancer.

The Twi?lek?s smooth lekku whipped Sil?s face as she watched his move, impressed by the occasional, spectacular male. First the memorable lines and then the? Sil shook her head as she caught a glint in his green eyes. He was her partner by force and that was what partners and allies were supposed to do.

?Down, you ugly freak!? Grinned the Twi?lek as he kicked the creature to make certain that it fell. When its massive pieces hit the ground, he spun around and gave Sil a high-five before returning to his previous position behind her back. As his hand left the princess?, she felt a lingering sensation. He was definitely the best partner she?s ever had, if she?s ever had a good partner in any event. Sil shook her head as her heart began to beat faster. A partner was just that, nothing but a temporary ally until a common goal was achieved. Then they would be ordinary apprentices again.

On the other side of the battlefield, the warrior-priests pressed closer and closer to Luke Skywalker despite his skilled moves. To both his sides and behind him, Jedi were cramped and squished as they avoided death by amphistaffs. One warrior thought to bisect the person behind Luke, but the other Jedi moved aside, allowing for the sharp edge of the weapon to descend down the narrow space between the two Jedi?s backs.

Luke, who caught onto the news, temporarily diverted his lightsaber from his current opponent and stuck it into the armpit of the amphistaff?s wielder while she was still stunned from her failure. Then, as quickly as he downed the woman, he turned his attention back to his previous opponent, a lanky warrior who barely managed to fit into his strained armor.

Elite as the Yuuzhan Vong was, he was still not only young but also clumsy due to his ill-fit attire and he easily fell to the Jedi Master before him. Suddenly, with the warrior-priest reduced to a heap on the floor, Luke had a clear path to Shimrra?s throne. Taking his rare opportunity, the Jedi Master dived for the throne, but just as his feet left the coral flooring, the center of gravity shifted from the direction of the planet?s core to the membrane and Luke abruptly found himself on the verge of exiting the room.

From his elevated viewpoint in midair, Luke?s sight confirmed the ripples he had felt through the Force as he attempted to readjust the gravity and at the same time take out the heavy warriors who slid past him. Just a few meters and half a dozen enemies away, sweat glimmered on Jacen?s face and in his beard as the Hapan Prince Consort, with the help of Jaina through their twin bond, was concentrating on the dovin basal with his Vongsense and, at the same time, dueling a warrior. The younger Jedi?s presence then flared up in the Force like a spark.

Let?s end this. Take him! As Luke?s eyes met his nephew?s, he heard Jacen plead through the Force as the younger Jedi Master had never done so before. Then, there was nothing but an absence where Jacen?s presence once was.

?The meld? We?re falling ap

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Wow, very exciting post, Sil :D Lots of great action and a chaotic battle [face_dancing] I'm a little worried about Jacen... looks like he might be slipping to the dark side :eek:

And the Sheng Lah/Kodachi Cha fight was excellent :D

Great post, looking foward to more :)

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Note: This is not what?s supposed to happen, but I?m just having fun picking on the characters while I?m trying to come up with details to fit the original plot line. It?s such a shame I didn?t think of this earlier. Tell me if you want this to be the real ending.

Possible Part 37: The End of Every Character Who?s Ever Appeared in The Final Battle

?She?s too far gone.? Reported Cilghal about Jysella as Tahiri and Tesar set the Jedi woman down in the medbay of an Alliance ship. ?The very implants that saved her months ago have drained her too much.?

?What about this girl? She?z helped us, too.? Asked Tesar.

?There?? Before the Jedi healer could finish, a pale lieutenant interrupted.

?The Vong have broken through! Hull breach in?? Before the officer could finish, every unsuspecting body aboard the ship was sucked out into space as the vessel erupted into flames.

Out in the asteroid belt, Valin tried not to curse as he fended for himself against a hopelessly astronomical number of Yuuzhan Vong vessels. He knew that convincing Ben Skywalker?s rogue followers to conform to Alliance plans was a bad idea, but apparently, opponents of his ideas had no clue about the element of surprise.

?Gah!? One pilot screamed a dying scream. With that, the Yuuzhan Vong had brought the combined numbers of Alliance and rogue fighters down to less than ten. However, two more starfighters exploded under the heavy barrage of plasma fire and within another second, Valin?s wingmate followed suit. Valin lost count of the casualties as the number dropped from six to four, and then to two. All he felt were successive disturbances in the Force that acted like punches in the stomach before he, too, joined every pilot who?s been sent into Coruscanti space for the battle.

Ben Skywalker grinned in triumph as he finally caught up with and stopped Nom Anor, but the grin became a bitter, tortured groan when he saw and felt each and every one of his friends die. As he dropped to his knees, he felt something hit him and threw a sidelong glance at his shoulders to see Nom Anor?s plarin bol poison seeping through his clothes. It was pain layered upon more pain and totally unbearable.

As darkness began to grab at Ben, the Jedi used the Force to slow the toxin?s work as he stabbed the intendant in the chest with one of his half-length lightsabers. Then, he felt a presence reaching and hunting for his, trying to get him. Unable to think clearly, Ben decided that the presence, whose owner had just arrived on the battle scene, was that of an enemy and attacked with both of his sabers.

The other person returned the gesture, but was sluggish, as if this person had just gotten out of carbonfreeze, and Ben?s attacks slipped past the opponent?s guard and into the person?s midsection. He heard something from the person?s mouth, but was too delirious to understand and lost too much control over his limbs to stop himself from falling on what the Force told him was the opponent?s lightsaber blade.

As the red-haired boy entered the Nether world of the Force, he realized the worst mistake in his judgment. The fact the he had felt this person through the Force should have been a clue as to whose side the supposed enemy was on.

A chorus of ?do?rik vong pratte?s echoed throughout Domain Lah as the worldship finally took flight, but their cheers soon turned out to be premature, for an Imperial ship veered out of control and rammed into the domain worldship, sending it sailing helplessly toward Shimrra?s palace.

As the remainder of the heretical Shamed Ones watched from the ground, one muscular leader by the name of Hul Rapuung rose from the crowd.

?The Jeedai have once again opened the gates of death. Follow me, if you wish not to die under Domain Lah?s crushing oppression.? He said just before ramming an amphistaff into his heart.

Within a second, Taan led all of the other Shamed Ones to follow suit rather than be crushed under the failing worldship. A minute later, the combined ships crashed i

4. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    UUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *laughs hysterically*

5. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Scratch what I said earlier I'm not updating this. That is the final ending because if I can't come up with something in four months, I'm not going to now. However, if you don't like seeing dead characters, they got their revenge here:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26922079/

6. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    ?The Jeedai have once again opened the gates of death. Follow me, if you wish not to die under Domain Lah?s crushing oppression.? He said just before ramming an amphistaff into his heart.

Geez! :eek:

That was twisted, Sil [face_mischief] Very interesting and fun to read, but no, I hope this is not the way you're going to end the fic ;)

Can't wait for more :D Great post :)

7. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Well, it was fun going through old posts and counting heads and I had to figure out some way to kill off Rapuung. Yeah, it was twisted, probably to the extreme since I had TK kill herself and Ben/Mara kill each other in teh same post. Ah the fun of killing off characters when DWB's around.

8. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    To anyone who's reading this: I really hope that you don't mind me saying this and I'm sorry about it, but I really can't go on with the fic, so that has to be the end.

9. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Okay I've got another announcement. While this fic doesn't look like it's coming back, I'll say that I might do a totally canon, 100% Yuuzhan Vong prequel on Before the Saga.

10. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Well, that could be cool. I know there's a reference to the YV in KOTOR you might be able to build on [face_peace]

11. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    YOu're going to have to tell me about it because I'm really not into games.

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I know I'm three months late in announcing this, but I've sorta shifted to DN/Post-DN Hapan stuff and so far, I've written two or three such fics, with Our Mother, Our Queen being my favorite.

13. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    A Mandalorian character in the game describes having seen a strange ship that is almost certainly a coralskipper. That's about it, there's some stuff on it in lit :p

14. DarthAllana

DarthAllana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2006
    Thanks for that info!

An old plot bunny (not this one, unfortunately) revisited me and I might be posting a Hapan fic with bits of Yuuzhies. I've never put that fic up anywhere before and am trying to sew the scattered scenes that I have so far into a plausible fanfic.

15. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Whoops that was another one of my socks!

16. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I feel mean that I totally missed the conclusion to this :(

Sorry Sil. [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.