main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Final Battle...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kettch_the_Jedi, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002

In most wars the last battle is not known to be the final battle until after it is over. This war was an exception. Both the Vong and the Galactic Federation knew that the victor of this battle would win the war.

In the beginning the Vong seemed to be winning. Slowly?mainly due to the new Force Unity Squadron led by Luke Skywalker?the Galactic Fed was overturning the battle, gaining the advantage. Finally the battle came down to two targets. For the Vong, annihilation of the Unity Squadron would insure their victory. For the Galactic Fed, destroying the Vong Worldship with its highest priests and military leaders aboard would insure victory.

?Okay, Unity Squadron, our new target is the worldship. Stay with your wingman but keep all the skips off the R-wings; they have the real firepower to take it out.?

?Leader, Five.? Jaina said. ?I have no more missles left.?

?But you are a goddess. Surely you can destroy the worldship with your spit alone.? Kyp quickly replied.

?Quiet, Six.? Luke replied. ?Jaina, just protect the R-wings and watch Kyp?s back.?

Kyp did not catch all of Jaina?s mumblings but he did hear the word ?babysitter.?

?Leader, this is Seven.? Jag?the only non-Jedi in the squadron?said. ?Is there any specific weak point we should aim for??

?None that are known. I expect you will probably find it and tell me.?

Jag seemed to consider that a challenge. He shot ahead of the squadron and dove in on the worldship with more amazing turns and evasions than Jaina had ever seen. She had no idea how he managed to score a torpedo hit on the worldship while flying in and out of his rolls.

?Hotshot.? Kyp murmured but there was a little awe in his voice. ?Think we can show him up, Five??

?I can. Can you?? And then Jaina was skirting over the face of the worldship in a dizzying display of the best piloting skills. Kyp kept up with her, flying so in synch with her it seemed they were one ship.

Jaina had just caught up with Jag when a single red bolt of fire pierced through his ship. At first Jaina did not understand but then the whole ship exploded in a bright glare of light.

Nooo! It can?t be! Jaina frantically looked at her display screen, searching fo the dot representing Jag?s ship. That has to be someone else. It can?t be him. But she knew better. She could feel him gone. Another hole had opened up within her. She felt herself being swallowed. Too much pain. Too many holes. She felt herself letting go. She felt Kyp trying to reach out to her. She felt Zekk appear in his R-wing flying next to her.

?Jaina, you have to fly. You have to get out of the battle.? Zekk implored.

She tried to speak but could not. No more. No more can die.

Zekk and Kyp became her shields, leading her away from the battle.

Suddenly, something, a thought, burst up within her. I am the Sword of the Jedi. I must slay the enemy. Jaina banked her ship around and aimed for the worldship. Then she knew... somehow she knew where she had to send the missiles, where the weak point was. Arming her missiles she increased her speed and flew straight into the worldship?s brain.

It was immediately apparent that the worldship had died. It started to crumble, huge pieces exploding apart.

The Sword of the Jedi had struck her final enemy. The Jedi were saved, the Galactic Federation was saved but the blade was broken, only a memory left behind.

If you enjoyed this, check out my other fics, whose links you can find in my bio.

If you did not enjoy this, I did not write it... umm... my friend did. Yep, that's it. My friend wrote it. :)

2. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    That was.....

I can't really describe it. I mean, the way you painted the scene with your words was excellent. But that ending was so... so... :_|.

(Magnificent work!)

3. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    is this a one poster?
    but it was really really good!

4. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    KnightHawk
    Thanks. Your comments are an encouragement. :)

JainaSticksSolo19
    Yes, this was just a one-poster but check out some of my other stories (links in bio). Thanks for the response. :)

5. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    OHHHHH u killed my BABY!! Jaggie cant be dead .. he just cant be... HEHEHEh I just found this story.. and ILOVE IT

GReat JOB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.