main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Final Duel: NO INTERCUTTING, please!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by IronParrot, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    "I said final episode. That sucks."

Agreed. :(

2. There_IS_no_Conflict

There_IS_no_Conflict Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    I think he will make 7,8 and 9 not to mention remakes of 4,5,6.
    Now as for the thread:
    " And I don't know how many times George has said that he's writing all of these like a song, with hints of other parts in other parts."
    His intention is truly good but the result does not comply. Taking a hint is one thing, being predictable and losing your originality is another. To give a hint requires an ispiration, not a standar reciepie. Just think how much hints did ESB had as to A new hope. Different movies all the way. Thats why it has made such an impact and most think its the best.

3. tabbafett

tabbafett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2001
    "Taking a hint is one thing, being predictable and losing your originality is another"

I, speaking for myself am going to have to completely disagree with you. I believe Geroge Lucas to be one of THE most original and inovative persons of his time and of times long past.

7,8,and 9: As much as I hate to see the saga end, I feel these would weaken the redemption and resolve in episode VI.

And dear God george, please, i beg of you not to remake 4,5, and 6. Such a notion would be blashpemy.

4. There_IS_no_Conflict

There_IS_no_Conflict Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    I agree he is truly an inovative and original person of his time. He likes ancient mythology and from there he got his idea about starwars and glorious duels.
    However I think he is too busy creating special effects and computerised characters that he doesn't give direction itself the time it is due.

5. tabbafett

tabbafett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2001
    I don't know, maybe I'm just in blind love with everything that is Star Wars, but I truely love the prequel trilogy so far and where it is going. I honestly have not one complaint about george's directing, or "too much specail fx," I think all of it is great.

As if we weren't getting further away from the original topic: I watched Return of the Jedi last night, and there is a definate resemblance with Sabastian Shaw and Hayden Christensen. There is so much more depth to the OT now. Just when you think that you couldn't possibly like these movies more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.