main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Final Poster - easter egg?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ar-Too-De-Toh-Uh, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    "He was the best star pilot in the galaxy".

[​IMG]

2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Yes, Anakin was, yet Obi-Wan was not...thus it's not automatic as was stated.

Wedge was Luke's equal as a pilot.

Toonimator likes this.
  3. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    That's reachin.

Rabs and Satipo like this.
  4. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    How is that reaching? What have we seen Luke do as a pilot that Wedge hasn't also done?

5. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Close quarters.

[​IMG]

6. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Really? Forget about Wedge flying into the 2nd Death Star? Close quarters at higher speeds. Wedge did it.

Besides, Scout troopers were doing it right with Luke, so it's not like he was even doing it at a super human level.

Toonimator and Wildcatbarry like this.
  7. KDC1972

KDC1972 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2005
    As for Wedge being Luke's equal in piloting...I'd say that is patently false. In fact the new Canon has fresh off the farm Luke destroying Wedge's record on the simulator before he had even set foot in the cockpit of an X-Wing. He didn't do it on his first shot but once he got the hang of the controls and trusted his "feelings" he obliterated it.

Now if Luke did not have the Force then sure, Wedge would probably be a BETTER pilot.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  8. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    In the films, there is nothing to suggest this. Just saying. On screen, they are portrayed as equals, Wedge even bailing out Luke's tail.

Toonimator likes this.
  9. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    And, again, the new canon shows us that Kanan Jarrus, even with the Force as his ally, is nowhere near Hera Syndulla's level. Kanan's good, very good perhaps, but Hera--even he admits!--is far superior.

Luke may do great occasionally, and manage some pretty tricky feats (like maneuvering a Lambda-class shuttle out of target-lock repeatedly despite its sluggish handling), but Wedge, Han, Shara, etc are all up there. He can make the one-in-a-million shot, but they can keep up with just about anything else he does, and might even outfly him occasionally.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  10. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Has anyone seen Red 5?

Luke you've got one on your tail!

I can't shake him!

Hold on Luke, I'll be right there.

Blast it, Biggs! Where are you??

[Boom! TIE explodes]

Thanks, Wedge.

Good shooting, Wedge.

EviL_eLF and Winged_Jedi like this.
  11. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    Crap, this is the force power I want Luke to have [face_frustrated]
    I mentioned this force power a few times in the Luke and some other thread...I didn't even know it already existed (on reddit)

12. KDC1972

KDC1972 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 7, 2005
    You can also point to that on the Death Star run Wedge was shot and damaged to the point where he couldn't continue, Luke was not.

Wait...why are we having this argument? LOL

Satipo likes this.
  13. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Keep in mind, on the death star run, Wedge's sole duty was to draw fire off of Luke. He did that.

After Wedge had to bail on Luke's orders, Biggs bit the big one, then Luke got hit, but R2 took the bronte of the blast allowing Luke to continue.

Both got hit, but it was Wedge's duty to do so if a hit was to be had.

As for the discussion, someone said having force powers automatically makes someone the best pilot.

There are a lot of Jedi who were amazing pilots, but there were also a lot of non-jedi who could keep up with them just fine. Including Wedge, Han and Lando.

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i agree that wedge was as good a pilot as luke. luke had an edge because of the force.

anakin was better than everyone, as we see in tpm, aotc, tcw, rots and in rebels where he kicked major ass.

arjank, D'an and EviL_eLF like this.
  15. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

Agreed. Vader in a TIE Advanced isn't a very fair fight.

arjank and thejeditraitor like this.
  16. Good Blaster

Good Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2015
    Let's say it is meant to represent the rebel insignia. Does the resistance use the same insignia? (I should know this, but I'm not 100%). Second do we think this means kylo will start as a resistance pilot or end as one?

17. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

[​IMG]

Good Blaster likes this.
  18. Good Blaster

Good Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2015
    Boy do I feel dumb right now

19. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Nah- don't feel bad. I save my condescension for bad grammar and fans of Avatar.

Good Blaster likes this.
  20. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I feel like it's just a coincidence, and our brains looking for any sort of connection. The mind can do that to begin with, but with hungry SW fans scavenging for any hint of unknown plot, a Rebel insignia isn't too far off from the fold.

I do still wonder about that picture D'an posted though. That Rebel pilot does look an awful lot like Driver, and is extremely close to his height and build...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.