"The Final Prophecy," by Greg Keyes [Del Rey, 2003]

Discussion in 'Literature Review Forum' started by Genghis12, Oct 27, 2003.

?

"The Final Prophecy," by Greg Keyes [Del Rey, 2003]

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
10 11 vote(s) 23.4%
9 12 vote(s) 25.5%
8 14 vote(s) 29.8%
7 4 vote(s) 8.5%
6 3 vote(s) 6.4%
5 1 vote(s) 2.1%
4 1 vote(s) 2.1%
3 0 vote(s) 0.0%
2 1 vote(s) 2.1%
1 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
  2. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The Final Prophecy
    by Greg Keyes
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/04/img/finalprophecy_bg.jpg]

Synopsis
      "The epic New Jedi Order series is coming to a close, and the latest paperback novel chronicles the explosive events precipitating the climactic conclusion. In The Final Prophecy, the penultimate chapter of the saga, the secrets of the Yuuzhan Vong -- who they are, where they come from, what terrible forces drive them -- are at last exposed. But will this knowledge aid the Jedi... or doom them?"
  3. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10

I thought the plot was very well-done, but the battles were confusing at times.
  4. ShaolinSniper Jedi Padawan

This is probably one of the clearer books in teh NJO series. It has a very good plot and sets the stage for the entrance of Zenoma Sekot to enter the war.

BTW, why does every one have hard times sorting out the battles in any of thse books?
  5. sidious618 Force Ghost

star 6
  6. neeldawg66 Force Ghost

star 8

Good set-up for what should be an excellent conclusion to NJO series. Once again Nom Amor shines.
  7. puppyglo Jedi Master

star 4

They changed Jag's eye-color! :_|
  8. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    7- a solid entry in the NJO.

Liked how we focused on less central characters, yet still kept it interesting..
  9. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I gave it an 8/10. I didn't like some of the Corran/Tahiri part, but I liked Page and Cracken back in action.
  10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Even though I give it a 10, the Wedge scenes are more or less pointless to the overall story. I found myself more interested in the Tahiri sections than anything else.
  11. darthmace7 Jedi Youngling

star 4

It was solid. Not great, but a good set up for TUF.
  12. GenMadine Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Exactly my problem with it.

This book was written after TUF was, so all the guy had to do was bridge the Force Heretic Trilogy to TUF.

And I found it a quick and easy read, but also pretty pointless.

They toyed with us with the Nem Yim revelation, and of course, now I have to finsih TUF. I am almost 200 pages in, and , well, I will not say anymore.

This book, but not more thatn the Force Heretic Trilogy, were really not that necessary. All the info could have been put into a short story or an e-book.

But whatever. A quick harmless read, and I am liking a lot of TUF, but his writing style somes and goes with me

I will look for a Forece Heretic thread. I want to comment on that....
  13. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
    This is a difficult book to judge. All of the space battles are confusing and rather pointless, but the scenes on Zonama Sekot are the most pivotal in the series. The book isn't spectacular, but it's required reading, unfortunately.

14. Terz Jedi Knight

star 2
    It might not have been the most important novel in the series, but I was into the ending of NomAnor's Zomana Sekot adventure more then I have been into anything else in the NJO.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.